Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside derby super duper double bill mega thread..

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Jesus lads grow the hell up ffs, some stupid comments on here :rolleyes:
    Yeah it's a derby, no need to lose your senses altogether. Any team going to Anfield will be doing well to come away with a point, it's classic "away from home" tactics that even Rafa/Fergie/Wenger & co. deploy.

Liverpool were probably the only team trying to play football in the stylish sense but it's not the away team's fault if the home team can't defend basic set pieces. Some of the resentment is silly, take the point and move on tbh.

CL/PL contenders V UEFA/CL contenders = 1-1
    Sounds about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ol. Yeah, we gained a lucky point tonight as Everton always looked likely winners. I stand corrected.

If you happen to remove your rose tinted glasses and read tomorrow papers real close to your eyes, you might see that reports mention a draw being a fair result and that Liverpool certainly were not clearcut winners or Everton did not scrape a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Warper wrote: »
    Liverpool fans can go to bed realising that their dream of challenging for the Premiership is now well and truely over

Just like every year for the past 10 or so?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BS TBH, Real fans wouldnt leave a derby when there was around 5 minutes still to play for and it was up for grabs

getting back at midnight or 3/4am... lol

and yes, I have been to alot of games.

and I do wait until the end, even if we are all square.
    I've read every post in this thread and I posted twice myself.

I can say for certain that you have posted more drivel than anybody else in this thread.

I'm am neither a Liverpool nor Everton fan so you understand that I enjoy a good read about football and not the bird droppings you are putting in the way of a good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Liverpool fans can go to bed realising that their dream of challenging for the Premiership is now well and truely over - must be deja vu for them now that we are just past halfway in the season.:D

Plus when we knock them out of the cup on sunday they'll be safe in the satisfaction that there season will be well and truly over... :D

Oh yeah, The champions league.. Jose must be ****ting himself watch stoke then this match... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

BS TBH, Real fans wouldnt leave a derby when there was around 5 minutes still to play for and it was up for grabs

getting back at midnight or 3/4am... lol

and yes, I have been to alot of games.

and I do wait until the end, even if we are all square.

You havent been to any games then, right?.....well past your bedtime son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I actually wasn't bitter but i wouldnt expect a bitter Pool fan to understand.

You're right, I really wouldn't understand. My concern is how my club gets on. Not living vicariously through other clubs (Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc) in the hope that they deny my rivals success.

So yeah, I have no idea what it is to support a club like Everton.

Liverpool fans can go to bed realising that their dream of challenging for the Premiership is now well and truely over - must be deja vu for them now that we are just past halfway in the season.:D
    And you are second after x.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

No actually because we used to always fall apart in November, have you not seen the chart?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You're right, I really wouldn't understand. My concern is how my club gets on. Not living vicariously through other clubs (Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc) in the hope that they deny my rivals success.

So yeah, I have no idea what it is to support a club like Everton.

What times your flight to Norway? Must be hard travelling over twice in a week
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Thank god you told me that, didn't realise dropping 2 points in a derby means that. I actually thought we were still level on points with league leaders.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I've read every post in this thread and I posted twice myself.

I can say for certain that you have posted more drivel than anybody else in this thread.

I'm am neither a Liverpool nor Everton fan so you understand that I enjoy a good read about football and not the bird droppings you are putting in the way of a good read.

Sorry, the post you quoted made a very valid point.

Third place and moving up fast.

What part of Libpool you from then la?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

All the money raffa has wasted on players would save a global recession.

Sir Alex Ferguson right now is enjoying a glass of vintage vino, safe in the knowledge that the title is theirs to lose.

Yep with moyes at his feet waiting to take over at the Old Toilet just wait and see.

wow, we are really getting the reds drilled up tonight:p

eagle eye, maybe you should take up clay pigeon shooting or some other sport , this is way out of dept for you

copacetic wrote: »
    Thank god you told me that, didn't realise dropping 2 points in a derby means that. I actually thought we were still level on points with league leaders.

Tbh its not always about the result. Its about the confidence its about the nerves. Liverpool have now dropped points againts Stoke and Everton in the league so there hardly jumping with confidence and if they lose at Anfield come Sunday imo they havn't a hope for the title.

Nerves have gotten to them big time.

This is gas craic! Bunch of aul wans!!!!

Yep with moyes at his feet waiting to take over at the Old Toilet just wait and see.
    Yeah, recognition that everton have the best young manager in the premiership. That's no doubt a compliment

Whether he goes or not is a diffirent issue

Liverpool have a better chance of getting a 30million substitute in the summer than winning the title.

United can grind out results against lesser teams on a regular basis, even when they play shyte. Thats why they will win the league.

And what with the longball tactics Pool are employing lately, no one seems to have mentioned.

Very unlike Liverpool that, shameful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

1 - Manchest United - Played 21 - points 47
    2 - Liverpool FC
    Played 22 - points 47

Yeah, you're absolutely right, well done you.

And what with the longball tactics Pool are employing lately,

There about 2 years late with that tactic. Crouch left:pac:

And what with the longball tactics Pool are employing lately, no one seems to have mentioned.

Very unlike Liverpool that, shameful
    What?!? Everton were hardly the shining beacon of samba football tonight in all fairness. Derby's are always scrappy affairs.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    1 - Manchest United - Played 21 - points 47
    2 - Liverpool FC
    Played 22 - points 47

Yeah, you're absolutely right, well done you.

2 points from 6, Stevie wonder in court this week, Beneath-us not signing his contract, Liverpool are in chaos and morale has gone out the window... They have more chance of signing Kaka then they do of winning the premiership

wow, we are really getting the reds drilled up tonight:p

eagle eye, maybe you should take up clay pigeon shooting or some other sport , this is way out of dept for you

If you would kindly let the adults chat without your interuptions it would be greatly appreciated. Depth has a 't' in it btw.

Yeah, recognition that everton have the best young manager in the premiership. That's no doubt a compliment

Whether he goes or not is a diffirent issue

Nope just means that Neverton will lay down as usualy at OT.

daithijjj wrote: »
    If you would kindly let the adults chat without your interuptions it would be greatly appreciated. Depth has a 't' in it btw.

Dont you mean "h" or are you yet another Liverpool fan jumping the gun?

Beneath-us

Err we may not be top of the table but I know for a fact Liverpool are not beneath Everton.

Yeah thats why they only won last year cos of a cheap penalty and we held them this year at Goodison:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This is not english grammer lesson bellend

Liverpool are a disgrace (did i spell that right?:p),

Beneathus will be gone in the summer

Gerrard might actually leave to a BIG team who can win a league title

The new anfield...ditto

2 points from 6, Stevie wonder in court this week, Beneath-us not signing his contract, Liverpool are in chaos and morale has gone out the window... They have more chance of signing Kaka then they do of winning the premiership

Yep so far beneath you all we see is sky

Err we may not be top of the table but I know for a fact Liverpool are not beneath Everton.

Wait till the season ends!

I reckon Liverpool still have more of a chance of winning the premiership this year than Everton have of any silverware though!! :eek:

Now, that my friend, should be what concerns you.

Wait till the season ends!

To be quoted in the Everton thread upon the completion of all league games...

I reckon Liverpool still have more of a chance of winning the premiership this year than Everton have of any silverware though!! :eek:

Now, that my friend, should be what concerns you.

I do believe we're still in the FA cup.

• Advertisement

I do believe we're still in the FA cup.

Indeed. Though my point is that:

Liverpool's oh so slim chances of winning the Premiership >> Everton's chances of winning the FA Cup

This is not english grammer lesson bellend

Liverpool are a disgrace (did i spell that right?:p),
    Seriously man, before you go any further sleep on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Last year was a last minute peno.

The year before was 3-0 alright.

The year before was a draw

The year before was a draw.

The year before was 3-2

Hardly laying down.

Dont you mean "h" or are you yet another Liverpool fan jumping the gun?

Yes i did mean 'h', all this toilet banter has numbed my cognitive thought processes it would appear, think i will go to bed before any more of this drivel sinks in and let you kids bask in your highlight of the season......night folks.

Indeed. Though my point is that:

Liverpool's oh so slim chances of winning the Premiership >> Everton's chances of winning the FA Cup

That's exactly my point. Everton aren't bottlers. Liverpool may as well go work for coca cola......

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    Yes i did mean 'h', all this toilet banter has numbed my cognitive thought processes it would appear, think i will go to bed before any more of this drivel sinks in and let you kids bask in your highlight of the season......night folks.

We've had much better highlights than this, don't flatter yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And it all kicked off when Benitez played right into Fergusons hands with that interview....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Boggles wrote: »
    Last year was a last minute peno.

The year before was 3-0 alright.

The year before was a draw

The year before was a draw.

The year before was 3-2

Hardly laying down.

Even the conspiracy theorists crackpots are laughing at some of the stuff Liverpool fans are coming out with thesedays

"This is not english grammer lesson bellend"

oh dear, definitely time for bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wow. Is it still school holidays back home? After reading this thread reluctantly I'm sure whether to laugh or shake my head in amazement
    Savman wrote: »
    This is gas craic! Bunch of aul wans!!!!

^^^ sums it up perfectly.

This was meant to cover both games but that's not going to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement