Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside derby super duper double bill mega thread..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My guess:

Reina

Arbeloa
    Skrtel
    Carragher----Aurelio

Alonso---Mascherano

Kuyt
    Gerrard
    Riera---

Torres

Possibly Arbeloa won't start as he is just coming back, and if so I'd expect Sami to come in and Carra to switch to RB again. I can't see Torres not starting, and if he doesn't start I'd expect Keane to start with Kuyt a definite RW slot. Then again, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Rafa is always likely to throw in one surprise in his line up, maybe he might do something completely unexpected and start Plessis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I can see Lucas playing ahead of Alonso if Rafa isn't 100% happy with his recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

AFAIK both Alonso & Arbeloa have been training for a few days now so should both be available to play tonight if picked.

EDIT: Wouldn't be overly surprised to see something like this either:
    composition-5.php?mon_champ=angleterre%2Fpremier_league%2Fliverpool1.png&gardien=REINA&Defdroit=ARBELOA&Defcentdroit=CARRAGHER&Defcent=&Defcentgauche=AGGER&Defgauche=F.+AURELIO&Mildefdroit=&Mildefcentdroit=&Mildefcent=&Mildefcentgauche=&Mildefgauche=&Mildroit=GERRARD&Milcentdroit=X.+ALONSO&Milcent=&Milcentgauche=MASCHERANO&Milgauche=RIERA&Milorgdroit=&Milorgcentdroit=&Milorgcent=KEANE&Milorgcentgauche=&Milorggauche=&Attdroit=&Attcentdroit=&Attcent=TORRES&Attcentgauche=&Attgauche=&Rempa=CAVALIERI&Rempb=SKRTEL&Rempc=DOSSENA+&Rempd=LEIVA&Rempe=BENAYOUN&Rempf=BABEL&Rempg=KUYT&submitButtonName=Formation+n%B01

Oooohh - pretty pictures :D

Well the dropping Kuyt bit would be a surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If this was a normal game, I'd expect Liverpool to win. However, its a derby, so I wouldn't be surprised at any result.

The Form Book Goes Out The Window In A Derby, And 101 Other Over-used Footballing Cliches - by Alan Hansen, Mark Lawrenson and the MotD Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

If Raffa doesn't make a mess of his selection, I think a Liverpool win by the odd goal, but Raffa being raffa and continuing to make shockingly bad decision's I'll go for the toffee's to grind out a 0 - 1 victory arteta late on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I think we are in for a long night as liverpool fans if kuyt plays on his own up front, if robbie keane does not start then i firmly believe that benitez has given up on him allready, 1 start in a month for a 20mil signing who is fit is astounding. Anyway, 'back at the ranch'.......

In any case i think we are in for the toughest test yet at home, do our players have the goods to deliver?........I THINK ONLY A WIN AT THIS STAGE WILL GIVE US THE BOOST WE NEED TO STAY WITH UNITED........the points tally is irrelevant tonight and our morale needs 3 considering what united have done over the last 2 weeks..........i think/hope a 1-0 win from a torres strike with the usual gaggle of yellow cards, hopefully there are no reds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I predict 1-0 to the scoucers, late second half goal from Gerrard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I predict 1-0 to the scoucers

please tell me you're taking the piss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Liverpool to win by a couple of goals.3-1 me thinks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's snowing big time here in Liverpool at moement , not that it will have any affect on tonights game ,Liverpool still to win :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

PHB wrote: »
    If this was a normal game, I'd expect Liverpool to win. However, its a derby, so I wouldn't be surprised at any result.

I don't buy it.

The last 20 matches are Liverpool won 12, Everton won 3, with 5 draws. Upsets have been rare, unless you count a draw as an upset!

Liverpool FTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I'm sure someone else could do 8 reasons why they will go top again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

People are missing the point here, lets hope football is the winner. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Don't be silly.

zing wrote: »
    I'm sure someone else could do 8 reasons why they will go top again

Go for it, the stage is yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sizzler wrote: »

1. Usually when a Big Club plays a small club the Big Club wins out...

• Advertisement

What's the point ? It's a derby so which club/player is in form or which club has the better past record against the other tends to go out the window.

1. Usually when a Big Club plays a small club the Big Club wins out...
    Stoke 0-0 Liverpool
    Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
    Liverpool 0-0 West Ham
    Liverpool 0-0 Fulham

Not as usual as you think eh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

friendly derby my hole.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5543052.ece#

Arteta is the keyman for Everton tonight

Stoke 0-0 Liverpool
    Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
    Liverpool 0-0 West Ham
    Liverpool 0-0 Fulham

Not as usual as you think eh ;)

The football lesson you were taught at goodison should be at the forefront of your mind, rather than a few draws liverpool have had.

daithijjj wrote: »
    The football lesson you were taught at goodison should be at the forefront of your mind, rather than a few draws liverpool have had.

Liverpool haven't thought a team a lesson in football for 20 years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

ntlbell wrote: »

Jesus, 9 pages without you. It was good times, could you go away again?

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Jesus, 9 pages without you. It was good times, could you go away again?

was only 7 :cool:

Evertons prolific win rate against liverpool would suggest otherwise.

Evertons prolific win rate against liverpool would suggest otherwise.

I never said they hadn't beat anyone for 20 years did I?

Arsenal, united and sometimes chelsea are the only teams to dish out any lessons in worth learning in the last number of years.

How to sit back and hope at some point you bombard an oposing teams box with a few medicore players is not much of a lesson in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

hey guys. was just wondering..does tvu work on a mac?? i am having problems downloading it for tonights game and think it coud be cos im using a mac now..if thats the reason im throwing the bloody thing out!!!

I never said they hadn't beat anyone for 20 years did I?

Arsenal, united and sometimes chelsea are the only teams to dish out any lessons in worth learning in the last number of years.

How to sit back and hope at some point you bombard an oposing teams box with a few medicore players is not much of a lesson in football.

When was the last time Arsenal, United or Chelsea but 8 past a team in the champions league?

• Advertisement

WTF :confused: I wasnt thought fook all at Goodison, never been near the place.

The only thing at the forefront of my mind tonight is my fantasy football team, obviously you have a different agenda.

Footballing lesson LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

newcastle a few weeks back if i remember correctly.5-1 or something.

When was the last time Arsenal, United or Chelsea but 8 past a team in the champions league?

amount of goals != footballing lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

raven136 wrote: »
    newcastle a few weeks back if i remember correctly.5-1 or something.

Facts rarely get in the way of a troll.

hey guys. was just wondering..does tvu work on a mac?? i am having problems downloading it for tonights game and think it coud be cos im using a mac now..if thats the reason im throwing the bloody thing out!!!

Nope, if you're on a mac, your best bet is to stream the game from ustream or justin.tv

amount of goals != footballing lesson.

Answer the question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Change the goal posts so.

WTF :confused: I wasnt thought fook all at Goodison, never been near the place.

The only thing at the forefront of my mind tonight is my fantasy football team, obviously you have a different agenda.

Footballing lesson LOL

Fantasy football...... lol.........fantasy fullstop.:D

Answer the question

why? it's irrelvant?

Davei141 wrote: »
    Change the goal posts so.

Why ? What's wrong with the ones at Anfield .. :p

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/labs/macosx.html

if that doesnt work then i think you should throw it out..........:P

Fantasy football...... lol.........fantasy fullstop.:D

What are you on about son? I support neither team.....see previous post "I AM ONLY BOTHERED ABOUT MY FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAM TONIGHT"

FFS.

why? it's irrelvant?

No its not.

Scoring 8 goals in a game is teaching a team a lesson, of course you wont admit that.

What are you on about son? I support neither team.....see previous post "I AM ONLY BOTHERED ABOUT MY FANTASY FOOTBALL TEAM TONIGHT"

FFS.

LOL...:D young man, fantasy football is for kids.

No its not.

Scoring 8 goals in a game is teaching a team a lesson, of course you wont admit that.

First of all I was discussing the prem.

You brought the CL into it.

An example of a lesson would be one like AC milan gave united in the CL.

It's not about the amount of goals scored it's how you go about doing it.

putting 8 past 3rd place in some dodgey turkish league yea cracking stuff.

Putting 7 past Roma with sublime passing top quality finishing etc..

that's a lesson.

what's next up your sleeve?

how you beat Strømsgodset 11-0?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

this is not a CL, roma, united, ronaldo, thread lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Anybody who quotes, responds or thinks about any of ntlbell's posts for longer than the time it takes to read them, really needs to reconsider posting here.

Everton to take the lead early on but the game to finish 2 or 3-1 to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

http://pages.tvunetworks.com/labs/macosx.html

if that doesnt work then i think you should throw it out..........:P

thanks. tried thta but it wont work for me. downloaded the file. but when i click on the tvu icon then nothing happens..i havent a clue about computers..

and as for that darned justin tv, i can never find a stream myself on there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Sopcast BEST channel is usually good.

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    thanks. tried thta but it wont work for me. downloaded the file. but when i click on the tvu icon then nothing happens..i havent a clue about computers..

and as for that darned justin tv, i can never find a stream myself on there...

ah ok, after i put up the link for you i had a little read around as i had thought that it didnt work on mac but was surprised to see this link. Unfortunately, that link is a workaround that may work but may not. Justin.tv is brutal coverage at the best of times..........i dont use a mac myself but i will have a word with a friend who uses a mac and get back to you via pm asap.

If you can get access to another machine there are lots of links available for tonights derby but you probably knew that allready.......keep an eye on your pm's and i will try and find a workaround for a mac. Will let you know either way before 6.30/7pm.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement