Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside derby super duper double bill mega thread..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

4 draws from 6. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

well done everton

****ing brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

United to piss away with this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

We fcuk it up yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Stekelly wrote: »
    Madness would have been leavign Keane oin the pitch, the only time I heard his name was when he was taken off.

as opposed to the man of the match performance of kuyt?

i know who id prefer to be on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

coco06 wrote: »
    hypia feckin pointed at him and did nothing, his fault.. burley is really getting on my nerves... he is the most biased commentator i have heard for ages

Skrtel was to blame the dic...what was he at.

wasn't as if we created a host of chances anyway...pure ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Guess we can say Rafa's outburst has been proved to be more because of pressure than to stop the bully boy tactics of Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

****ING HELL.:mad:

If you want to blame anyone, blame Benayoun, silly bastard. Totally unnecessary foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Get in!

"Greatest" fans in the world leaving early SHOCKER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

torres was ****, understandable tho hes been injured

keane had a bloody nightmare

kuyt useless did nothing

gerrard got stuck in and scored a great goal, same old story for him and liverpool..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

the last few minutes of games have not been good to yee this week.. all late goals in the 3 main matches..

event wrote: »
    as opposed to the man of the match performance of kuyt?

i know who id prefer to be on the pitch

If I wanted to watch Kane do **** all I'd break in to his house and watch him sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

tonight can definitely be summed up in a few words, useless, passionless, bottling ****,

except stevie and xabi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thank God I can start breathing again !!!:)

m83 wrote: »
    Get in!

"Greatest" fans in the world leaving early SHOCKER!

of course the fans left early they sort skrtel sleepin so decided must be over we'll **** off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If I wanted to watch Kane do **** all I'd break in to his house and watch him sleep.

Liverpool fan in threat to break into Liverpool players house SHOCKER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

its was a derby game anything can happen look at United they lost twice to Man City Arsenal threw away a 2 goal lead v spurs this season.

Just have to hope Man city do the same to United League is not over what ever andy gray or and so on say there is 17 games left and anything can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Iang87 wrote: »
    tonight can definitely be summed up in a few words, useless, passionless, bottling ****,

except stevie and xabi

xabi wasn't that great tonight. shows how much we miss the masch. without a ball winning center mid we're useless. also, why take off torres and bring on lucas? mystery to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

eZe^ wrote: »
    Guess we can say Rafa's outburst has been proved to be more because of pressure than to stop the bully boy tactics of Fergie.

What was it he said?
    maybe they (Manchester United) are nervous because we are at the top of the table.

tee hee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

rafa should go out now get rid of benni, pennant, drop kuyt and buy someone who can play out on the right and puts crosses in.. simple. it would be worse if it were the last game of the season.. this is just the bad patch.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

its was a derby game anything can happen look at United they lost twice to Man City Arsenal threw away a 2 goal lead v spurs this season.

Just have to hope Man city do the same to United League is not over what ever andy gray or and so on say there is 17 games left and anything can happen

True, but it's more form. Liverpool will probably draw more games than United over the rest of the season, but lose less. They just don't look confident enough to move on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

17 games left and anything can happen

yup many more home draws i'd say based on that performance

i'll never figure out how a side who just marginely got a draw are so proud and happy that they want to slag the other fans. wake up everton ye are ****e and barring the 9-0-1 formation ye played in the majority of the second half ye'd have been battered.

Anyone else surprised everton did united ANOTHER favour, i believe instead of the toffees we'll call ye Fergies bitches, has a better ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy the blue kangaroo...
    Liverpool havent a chance of winning anything this season based on that performance and if everton werent protesting over the penalty they'd never have scored..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Liverpool doing what they have done for over 10 years falling away just when you think they will Challenge.

Oh and great for result for Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

dirk kuyt has played 180 mins against stoke and everton and done absolutetly fk all............is it any wonder that babel fancied 5 months back at ajax?

kuyt is the worst footballer playing in the top half of the prem by a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool havent a chance of winning anything this season based on that performance and if everton werent protesting over the penalty they'd never have scored..

if the push on Alonso was not a free kick it was not a pen for neverton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Anyone else surprised everton did united ANOTHER favour, i believe instead of the toffees we'll call ye Fergies bitches, has a better ring

Did Everton not draw with United too? Bitter much. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

i'll never figure out how a side who just marginely got a draw are so proud and happy that they want to slag the other fans. wake up everton ye are ****e and barring the 9-0-1 formation ye played in the majority of the second half ye'd have been battered.

We played to our strenghts and if it wasnt for an opportunistic goal would for Gerard would've won. Don't be so bitter.

• Advertisement

if everton werent protesting over the penalty they'd never have scored..

? The 3 players tryign to block the shot certainly werent distracted protesting.

Post of the year...:D

daithijjj wrote: »
    dirk kuyt has played 180 mins against stoke and everton and done absolutetly fk all............is it any wonder that babel fancied 5 months back at ajax?

kuyt is the worst footballer playing in the top half of the prem by a country mile.

ha you called kuyt a footballer. thats what he wants you to believe, and i'm a liverpool fan too

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

thank god neither utd or chelsea are playin much better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Villain wrote: »
    Liverpool doing what they have done for over 10 years falling away just when you think they will Challenge.

Oh and great for result for Villa

and Arsenal, Chelsea and Man utd imo

Shockingly i do think some liverpool fans are over-reacting. Joint top of the league - yeah, United have a game in hand, but they could be in a far worse position. A draw at home to your local rival is not unheard of. As has been pointed out, United have dropped points on a number of occasions to City; Chelsea only recently dropped points to Fulham.

These things happen, and although they have been happening a little more lately for liverpool, its not like United or Chelsea have been on top form either.

As has been said, 17 games left, plenty of football to be played.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    yup many more home draws i'd say based on that performance

Oh ntlbell, no-ne more than you deservers that award you are showcasing in your signature.

We traditionally under Rafa are at our best in the latter stages so we'll see how things play out shall we? Or do you just want to continue on trying to bait people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Gotta love that little Ozzie. :)

coco06 wrote: »
    thank god neither utd or chelsea are playin much better

but united are winning

that's the difference

daithijjj wrote: »

He wasnt even the worst player on the pitch tonight or the worst player over the season out of what was on show tonight. Calm yourself and go to bed or else you wont be up in time for school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gotta love that little Ozzie. :)

some header of the ball

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Oh ntlbell, no-ne more than you deservers that award you are showcasing in your signature.

We traditionally under Rafa are at our best in the latter stages so we'll see how things play out shall we? Or do just want to continue on trying to bait people?

just giving my opinion going based on FACTS

you know like

stoke....

west ham....

fullham...

everton..

should i go on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Teams that get late draws tend to celebrate like it's a win. Look at Arsenal at home to united last season. Celebrated at the end as if they won the league having really drawn at home. Also as a derby match they saved face from a tonne of slagging from Liverpool mates I'm sure.
    Don't know about them doing United a favour. They held them to a draw in goodison and could still do damage at Old Trafford (Hopefully not ;)) as they are really not ****e as you call them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

We traditionally under Rafa are at our best in the latter stages so we'll see how things play out shall we? Or do you just want to continue on trying to bait people?

What do you mean by "latter stages"?

Shockingly i do think some liverpool fans are over-reacting. Joint top of the league - yeah, United have a game in hand, but they could be in a far worse position. A draw at home to your local rival is not unheard of. As has been pointed out, United have dropped points on a number of occasions to City; Chelsea only recently dropped points to Fulham.

These things happen, and although they have been happening a little more lately for liverpool, its not like United or Chelsea have been on top form either.

As has been said, 17 games left, plenty of football to be played.

I agree Mitch but its just frustrating to see so many home draws and especially when we see the other contenders not on top gear either.

Just hope we arent sitting around in May thinking of all the 'could have been' results against the so called lower teams at Anfield.

Boggles wrote: »
    What do you mean by "latter stages"?

I think he means the run into 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

He wasnt even the worst player on the pitch tonight or the worst player over the season out of what was on show tonight. Calm yourself and go to bed or else you wont be up in time for school.

With regards to kuyt hes a grafter and a good squad player to have. But for Rafa to start him week in week out and leave the likes of babel (who needs games/confidence) and Keane (who needs games/confidence) on the bench more often than not something is up.

Kuyt should be a squad player not a player who starts every week. I just feel after tonight liverpool are still missing that extra player with the flair and quality. And Babel getting a minute just does no good for a player.

ntlbell wrote: »
    just giving my opinion going based on FACTS

you know like

stoke....

west ham....

fullham...

everton..

should i go on?

Meh........it was a similar problem last season but combined with an abysmal away record in the first half of the season. This season, we still have that "too many draws at home" problem, yet are sitting level on points with you (and before you say it, you have to first win that game in hand against the solid Fulham).

I'll take the position that we are in considering we usually kick it up a few gears from February onwards.

Rockee wrote: »
    I agree Mitch but its just frustrating to see so many home draws and especially when we see the other contenders not on top gear either.

Just hope we arent sitting around in May thinking of all the 'could have been' results against the so called lower teams at Anfield.

Oh, i understand the frustration, and I suppose people have every right to be pissed off with the result tonight, but I would certainly not be delivering champagne to Old Trafford tonight. United have come within minutes and inches of poor performances turning into poor results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

One of lifes great mysteries where do anti Liverpool fans go when Liverpool win

Meh........it was a similar problem last season but combined with an abysmal away record in the first half of the season. This season, we still have that "too many draws at home" problem, yet are sitting level on points with you (and before you say it, you have to first win that game in hand against the solid Fulham).

I'll take the position that we are in considering we usually kick it up a few gears from February onwards.

we might not have to win it...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement