Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside derby super duper double bill mega thread..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Stekelly wrote: »
    He wasnt even the worst player on the pitch tonight or the worst player over the season out of what was on show tonight. Calm yourself and go to bed or else you wont be up in time for school.

Settle down young man, the exuberance of your verbosity is not inebriating. Kuyt was so bad over 2 seasons that close to 50mil was spent on his replacements. He can barely stand upright with his bowlegs let alone deserve the liverbird on his chest. An embarrasment to liverpool tradition, shankly and paisley would weep at the thought of him gracing the anfield turf.......night night son;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

One of lifes great mysteries where do anti Liverpool fans go when Liverpool win

I can't answer for everyone else, but I log in as Mr. Alan. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

joe123 wrote: »
    With regards to kuyt hes a grafter and a good squad player to have. But for Rafa to start him week in week out and leave the likes of babel (who needs games/confidence) and Keane (who needs games/confidence) on the bench more often than not something is up.

Kuyt should be a squad player not a player who starts every week. I just feel after tonight liverpool are still missing that extra player with the flair and quality. And Babel getting a minute just does no good for a player.

it should have been the other way around, babel should be playing 3/4 of a game and kuyt brought on when Rafa wants to defend a lead..which i dont really agree with. people giving out about torres taken off but he missed a sitter and had long enough. we should have been running at the full backs putting them under pressure not casually trying to beat them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ntlbell wrote: »
    we might not have to win it...

Hahahahaha...................

I see you are working hard to retain that award in your signature for 2009 eh?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

would a bigger mystery not be the liverpool fans leaving early during a derby game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Hahahahaha...................

I see you are working hard to retain that award in your signature for 2009 eh?:pac:

No.

If we're to loose against fullham and we both win our remaining games assuming you don't make up the GD we wouldn't need to win it to win the league like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The same place ABUs go when United win.

Look at that even. ABU's have a term, do 'anti-liverpool' fans have one. Pah, nope, small timers...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Boggles wrote: »
    I can't answer for everyone else, but I log in as Mr. Alan. ;)

I'd thank that, but having a second account is against the rules...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Does anyone else feel sickend that its fa cup weekend? I just want the next league game. (were playing Wigan next Tues/Wednesday) This year more than any im feeling really impatient when we have cup games in the way.

Im looking at the Fa cup this year as a hindrance more than anything.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Guys, discuss the match, United fans, keep the trolling down. Stay on topic and lets keep level heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Everton are the new Wimbledon and we had two chances against them. Says enough for me.

For once I won't blame Rafa, terrible performances by half the team.

Sell three or four quick and get a decent right winger in.

Start planning for next season. hopefully we will qualify for CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ntlbell wrote: »
    No.

If we're to loose against fullham and we both win our remaining games assuming you don't make up the GD we wouldn't need to win it to win the league like?

My mistake. I was assuming you were reverting back to that crystal ball of yours and claiming Man U were going to run away with the league regardless, so the game in hand wouldn't even matter.

Posted before I saw GY's post, I'll leave it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Considering Evertons injury list we were at least worth a draw.

Id like to see how Pool would fare without Gerrard, Torres, Keane or Kuyt...:rolleyes:

And Pool will never win the league, and they know it:D

Man United have all the tricks up their sleeves to wrap up another title IMO.

Man of the match??

Probably Cahill with Baines a close second.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Iang87 wrote: »
    i'll never figure out how a side who just marginely got a draw are so proud and happy that they want to slag the other fans. wake up everton ye are ****e and barring the 9-0-1 formation ye played in the majority of the second half ye'd have been battered.

Anyone else surprised everton did united ANOTHER favour, i believe instead of the toffees we'll call ye Fergies bitches, has a better ring

1 point away from home against the joint top side is 1 reason to be happy. Another is the injury crisis and still draw with a team who spent more on 1 player then they did no the whole team.

• Advertisement

Man of the match??

Thoughts?

would have said reina myself

coco06 wrote: »
    would have said reina myself

God no, he dropped 3 crosses in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Man of the match??

Thoughts?

Gerrard would have been a shoe in before the equaliser, was very impressed with Piennar and Anechebe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sizzler wrote: »

They were bang on :). Have Liverpool actually won on Setanta this season :confused:
    1. Usually when a Big Club plays a small club the Big Club wins out...
    Really?
    daithijjj wrote: »
    The football lesson you were taught at goodison should be at the forefront of your mind, rather than a few draws liverpool have had.
    LOL. Another draw. Woopsies for you. You should wait till these games are at FT before getting giddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pool fans should be ashamed of themselves with some of the reactions in this thread.

Kuyt won yous 3 points at City earlier on in the season didn't he?:confused:

Anyways, that's the league over imo. Liverpool aren't going to start beating these teams at home. United will keep plodding away. I don't expect them to lose top spot again this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stekelly wrote: »
    Torres refusing to pass the ball is gettign very old as the season wears on.

I found I've got very pissed off with him most games he's played this season. He's running at groups of players with absolutely no hope of gettign through them.

Really annoyed me too. It has obviously gone to his head somewhat.

God no, he dropped 3 crosses in the first half.

5 really good saves though, some that were crucial in the first half. jagiaelka (or how ever ye spell it) was good for toffees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

If you don't know basic defending you shouldn't be playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Liverpool got what they deserved tonight the never created enough IMO.
    I know everton sat back but you would expect that with them being a small club away from home. As for Liverpool they are awful at breaking down teams too often relying on moments of brillance.
    Going to be tough to win the league now but we have a chance and if we can beat the teams around us there's hope . We are lacking pace on the flanks big time and we need arbeloa back quickly at right back.
    Don't think benitez made bad decisions tonight by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I don't think it was a dig at the pool rather a point that Everton did well without some important players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I see the Legion of Doom is back in force....

annoying game. liverpool are very sloppy. roy of the rovers had to do it for us again. robbie keane is a waste... it was a good night for me and my liverpool supporting mates as we play "Where's Robbie?" which is basically wheres wally but with live football. its harder then u think.

skrtl f'd up for the goal, simple as. everton i thought played pretty well and created a few chances with their limited striking options. nando did decently and probably deserved a goal but a lack of sharpness caught him at the wrong moment. alonso played well imo

another home draw. PHB was right all those months ago when he said liverpool couldnt kill teams off and lacked sharpness up front. unless we f**kin get our heads together and stop being as sloppy as we are then Utd wont have much trouble winning the PL this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Sizzler wrote: »
    They were bang on :). Have Liverpool actually won on Setanta this season :confused:

Really?

LOL. Another draw. Woopsies for you. You should wait till these games are at FT before getting giddy.

LOL..:D.........sounding a bit giddy yourself and you have waited till FT, havent seen much of your contributions since i enquired about your 'fantasy football world'........hope you got alot points tonight:D

Don't think benitez made bad decisions tonight by the way

I don't know about that, as soon as I saw Lucas coming on and no strikers up front I thought personally it was the wrong move.

thank god, some good news for feb .. kaka aint goin to city! bellamy there now instead.. phew!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

oh - and evertons starting XI cost £1.5m more then fernando torres.

just think about that

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »

. alonso played well imo

I'd have to disagree. Fantastic season, but thought this was one of his poorer matches. Frequently gave the ball away (first half - which is unlike him to be fair) and didn't create one decent chance for our 2 strikers. up until the goal I thought Skyrtel was about our best player, again this says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Bluetonic wrote: »
    If you don't know basic defending you shouldn't be playing football.

when was the last time everton shipped less goals than pool in a season.

bit of perspective please mr. baresi

Will Rafa tinker much with the team for the cup game do ye reckon?

What do you mean by "latter stages"?

It is not exactly rocket science boggles. I am sure if ye think about it and the expert knowledge that you have of Liverpool FC, you should be able to figure it out.. Maybe ask your little buddy to help you out - he is another genuis and between the two of ye, ye will defo figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Iang87 wrote: »
    i'll never figure out how a side who just marginely got a draw are so proud and happy that they want to slag the other fans. wake up everton ye are ****e and barring the 9-0-1 formation ye played in the majority of the second half ye'd have been battered.

Anyone else surprised everton did united ANOTHER favour, i believe instead of the toffees we'll call ye Fergies bitches, has a better ring

And Everton fans are bitter;)

As posted earlier, a point away at the now 2nd best team in the league at the death of the game is worth celebrating in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Without Gerrard, Liverpool would be....

mid table side at the very best.

Thats why ye lot wont win a league, not this year or next year either.

And how many 'winbledonesque' goals have ye scored this season..:p not very good for a 'big' team is it...

el rabitos wrote: »
    when was the last time everton shipped less goals than pool in a season.

bit of perspective please mr. baresi
    When was the last time Everton started the season thinking they were going to win the league?

....or spent an absolute fortune trying to do so?

A bit of reality please.

It is not exactly rocket science boggles. I am sure if ye think about it and the expert knowledge that you have of Liverpool FC, you should be able to figure it out.. Maybe ask your little buddy to help you out - he is another genuis and between the two of ye, ye will defo figure it out.

:D

Give us a hug.

Ps. Twas an honest question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I won't be asking anyone to play nice a 3rd time. :)
    [/modding]

• Advertisement

:D

Give us a hug.

Ps. Twas an honest question.

No, it wasn't. You knew exactly what he was talking about..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

When was the last time Everton started the season thinking they were going to win the league?

you use this analogy when an everton defender makes a mistake? its cool because you werent going to win the league anyway? :confused:

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Will Rafa tinker much with the team for the cup game do ye reckon?

yip he doesnt rate it as much as champs league and premiership.. likes of lucas, arbeloa, agger will be brought in for a run.. prob be loads of goals in that one..

Without Gerrard, Liverpool would be....

mid table side at the very best.

Thats why ye lot wont win a league, not this year or next year either.

And how many 'winbledonesque' goals have ye scored this season..:p not very good for a 'big' team is it...

Its only January and you already have my vote for worst post of the year. i might change my mind if you can prove that you are only six years of age.

coco06 wrote: »
    yip he doesnt rate it as much as champs league and premiership.. likes of lucas, arbeloa, agger will be brought in for a run.. prob be loads of goals in that one..

Yeah was thinking there would be goals in that game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

....or spent an absolute fortune trying to do so?

A bit of reality please.

Tbh, you's(Liverpool) are spending a fortune ''trying'' to win the league. Its the word ''trying''

As a few posts up evertons starting a 11 was 1.25mil more then Torres and he misses in the 6yard boss which is harder to do then score ffs.

So money wise, yes you should be winning the league especially when atm the ''only'' competition would be the Arsenal,Man-U,Chelsea Money/Skill wise. Altho Villa are doing great this season.

Liverpool are spending all that money and getting nowere this season. Imo I dont even think they'll finish top 3 but get 4th and barely getting a Champions League spot.

After not winning sinse Beneitz outburst at the referee's Liverpools confidence is low. If they lose the cup match againts Everton come Sunday there confidence is getting lower.

Your next premier league game is againts Wigan away and if you dont beat Everton at Anfield come Sunday tbh I can see you not winning againts Wigan.

One thing I hate is when Liverpool players say '' Were well better then Everton. What good players have you got?''

Well it doesn't matter how many ''good players'' you have in your squad. If your teamwork is dredful your getting nowere.

And my last point: Without Gerrard running his heart out every game he plays you wouldn't even be ahead of Everton.

My two cents.

/Awaits Heavy flaming:)

• Advertisement

el rabitos wrote: »
    you use this analogy when an everton defender makes a mistake? its cool because you werent going to win the league anyway? :confused:
    Oh dear, have you analysed all the goals Everton have conceded over the last number of years?

Here have a kiss x

Tbh, you's(Liverpool) are spending a fortune ''trying'' to win the league. Its the word ''trying''
    I'll thank you not to quote my post and declare yous as being Liverpool.

I'll thank you not to quote my post and declare yous as being Liverpool.
    Do you feel dirty now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Disaster.

Bottlers.

Now all my posts about those other f*** ups at home being important are showing their worth.

Too many were too happy to say "Were top" and thats all that matters, always thought we would need a cushion.

Best position we have been in for years and I am absolutely gutted and just can't see it for the life of me at the moment. If every home game is to be a struggle like this then what hope is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I made comments to similar to what some are saying now and I was shot down but that was about a game against Stoke not Everton.

I made a comment tonight but nobody really bothered about it.

Before I go on, I'll say this, Liverpool were unlucky in the end tonight and while there have been a lot of draws lately, this result is very rare, in that a team went behind to Liverpool and came back for a draw. Usually when Liverpool go ahead its game over, other than the two Athletico games iirc.

Anyways Benitez seems to me to have his team selection all wrong too often. He puts in one striker against the likes of Stoke and then two against Everton. It was clear early on tonight that it did not suit Liverpool, they would have chances but would run the risk of Everton scoring on the counter and Reina made a fantastic stop to deny that happening in the first half.

Also some guys are going on about Torres being greedy, well its natural for a strker to be greedy and even moreso when he is not seeing much action and wants to put a marker down to say he should be.

I blame Benitez again, I think Liverpool should have started with the 4-2-3-1 tonight, I'd expect them to beat Everton using that system. Anyways enough about it, they are not out of the PL race by any means but unless they get it together against the weaker clubs they can forget about it. Tonights results is not a bad result for Liverpool. It would not be a bad result for Manchester United or Chelsea or Villa or Arsenal either because Everton are a top team who are up there in the top six almost every season.
    But there is no use beating United and then throwing them points away against the Stokes and Hulls.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement