Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside derby super duper double bill mega thread..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ts only January and you already have my vote for worst post of the year. i might change my mind if you can prove that you are only six years of age.

Lol whats that supposed to mean, every man and his dog knows that pool would be utter useless without Gerrard.

Liverpool spend millions ever year and natter on about winning the title EVERY year.

its the same old story, Everton never claim to win a title every year because we know we have no hope in hell, Liverpool should come clean also and admit they are no where near as good as ye make out.

The bookies have Man U clear favourites for winning the League, they dont get it wrong do they? Pool will finish 4th probably with zero silverware..

dejavu anyone.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Do you feel dirty now?
    Filthy Ciaran, Filthy. It'll be the sack cloth and ashes for me in the morning :D
    Best manager on Merseyside? Has to be David Moyes. It’s incredible that Everton can even compete with Liverpool, given the gulf in their resources and the difference in the quality and size of their squads.

There’s often reason to question the tactics of Rafael Benítez, but, while you could argue that Moyes is cautious, you can’t deny that his game plans are effective.

Even with their injury problems, Everton are hard to beat and a side that opponents hate to play, perhaps more than any other in the division. So dogged, so organised, they get stuck in, make life uncomfortable and, in Mikel Arteta, have a player who can open you up; in Tim Cahill, one who can finish you off. Cahill, like Joleon Lescott and Phil Jagielka, is a former Championship player who has become a rock in the top flight.

Full article

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Bluetonic wrote: »
    have you analysed all the goals Everton have conceded over the last number of years?

?

soo.....are you mocking liverpool for having ambition or are you using evertons presumed lack of ambtion to justify slagging off liverpool? or is it both?

random jibes are cool n shit, just seems kinda lame to use your own teams lack of ambition (your insinuation) to get your point across.
    Here have a kiss x

:eek:

not the worse result in the world, since we won at everton, but when combined with the results running up to it, pretty much killing our title hopes, whatever they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Filthy Ciaran, Filthy. It'll be the sack cloth and ashes for me in the morning :D

I aplogize:) I didn't know you were a Everton fan, but judging by your post I assumed. My bad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was unaware Everton do compete with Liverpool on a regular basis.

The recent Merseryside Derby results have been heavily in favour of the reds and, furthermore, I can't remember the last time Everton either won a trophy or qualified for the group stages of the CL.

He is a great manager however, no doubt about it.

noodler wrote: »
    I was unaware Everton do compete with Liverpool on a regular basis.

I can't remember the last time Everton either won a trophy or

More then 10 years ago! 95 Fa Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

More then 10 years ago! 95 Fa Cup

Paul bloody Rideout :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

event wrote: »
    if they draw, its only benitez to blame

taking off 45 million or so work of striking talent and leaving dirk kuyt on the pitch?

madness

some people are never happy.

Keane was shit and Torres is quite simply not fit enough to play 90mins, especially at Derby match intensity.

el rabitos wrote: »
    soo.....are you mocking liverpool for having ambition or are you using evertons presumed lack of ambtion to justify slagging off liverpool? or is it both?
    Everton have arguably progressed more than any other team in the Premier League over the last half dozen season and matched the current ambitions (to get into Europe) of the club given their limited resources.

I am mocking Liverpool for achieving far less than their resources allow, something of which an imbecile could not argue otherwise.

On a side note, now that Her Majesties Government own RBS, do you think they call in your loans? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Torres is quite simply not fit enough to play 90mins, especially at Derby match intensity.

Cud have been the wide screen but He looked pretty chunky tonight.

• Advertisement

We all know the importance of actual match fitness but Torres better sort this out soon.

We can't rely on Gerrard wonderstrikes on their own, more clear cut chances need to be created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We all know the importance of actual match fitness but Torres better sort this out soon.

We can't rely on Gerrard wonderstrikes on their own, more clear cut chances need to be created.

what about Robbie

Everton have arguably progressed more than any other team in the Premier League over the last half dozen season and matched the current ambitions (to get into Europe) of the club given their limited resources.

I am mocking Liverpool for achieving far less than their resources allow, something of which an imbecile could not argue otherwise.

Couldn't agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Dropping points against irrelevant clubs always hurts.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You must be hurting a lot so.
    If you woke up feeling blue today then the chances are you are not alone. For Monday, January 19, 2009 is going to be the most depressing day in history, according to experts.
    Feeling Blue? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

you think liverpool should be winning the league?
    On a side note, now that Her Majesties Government own RBS, do you think they call in your loans? ;)

dunno, but maybe if they do, we can both debate the merits of both clubs from a common frame of referance

You must be hurting a lot so.

Feeling Blue? :D

I am. You seem happy enough though. But then, those with little ambition are easily satisfied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

And Liverpool know this better than anyone - dropping points at home to teams like Stoke and Fulham. They have no chance of winning the league, same old Liverpool - all hype and no bottle. Now at least we can concentrate on the big 2 fighting it out for the league (again).

Everton are a fantastic team with no resources - to think that the whole Everton team playing tonight cost £6m more than Robbie (60 mins) Keane shows what a joke Liverpool and Benitez are. People say you cant buy the Premiership and Liverpool are the prime examples of this. Take out Gerrard and they wouldnt even be in the top 4 - Go on the Toffees.

el rabitos wrote: »
    you think liverpool should be winning the league?
    Yes they should.

I would be an extremely disappointed Everton fan if we had the same resources available to us as have been made available to Liverpool over the last numerous yeas and we had not won the league.

• Advertisement

I am. You seem happy enough though. But then, those with little ambition are easily satisfied.
    Please see my other posts. I have realistic ambitions based on the resources we are working with compared to the resources Liverpool are working with.

Only a fool would equate my happiness with little ambition.

Warper wrote: »
    And Liverpool know this better than anyone - dropping points at home to teams like Stoke and Fulham. They have no chance of winning the league, same old Liverpool - all hype and no bottle. Now at least we can concentrate on the big 2 fighting it out for the league (again).

Everton are a fantastic team with no resources - to think that the whole Everton team playing tonight cost £6m more than Robbie (60 mins) Keane shows what a joke Liverpool and Benitez are. People say you cant buy the Premiership and Liverpool are the prime examples of this. Take out Gerrard and they wouldnt even be in the top 4 - Go on the Toffees.

March on for a mid table future!! Huzzah!! A truly fantastic team alright. That the highlight of your season is a snatched draw at Anfield says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Boggles wrote: »
    Cud have been the wide screen but He looked pretty chunky tonight.

didnt notice myself, wouldn't be at all surprised, twice this season he's gotten injuries where he wouldnt even have been able to jog for a good while. Bound to set back someone's fitness a lot, particularly when they have the metabolism of a professional athlete where they're body is hungry a lot of the time and he cant burn it off. Now, i doubt its at any serious level, but id be surprised if he was 100% perfect condition. That'll take another 2 or 3 weeks.

Little Ambition? Our Amibition is realistic with the money we have compared to the top clubs.Finishing between 5,6,7th in the last few years with little money and little signings and still consecutive finishing.

The result today just proves it.

We had Anichibe up front, well imo hes useless so we may as well had no strikers.Unbeaten in,is it 7 games? With Injured strikers.

So our ambitions are realistic.

With the way united and chelsea started off the season they were basically inviting you to take a high lead in the table.

But you couldnt do that.

More recently you dropped points againts stoke and now Everton. So imo your Ambitions are to high to be competing for the league title if that happens and maybe just be happy with your 3rd and 4th place

Edit after LuckyLoyds new post: My highlight of the season will be when Aston Villa finish ahead of you tbh, because they deserve it alot more then Liverpool atm.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Now at least we can concentrate on the big 2 fighting it out for the league (again).

You do know that it was only a couple of points dropped by Liverpool?

so much for the BEST SUPPORTERS in the world leaving after 88 minutes of a tense local derby.

They had flights to catch I guess

• Advertisement

That the highlight of your season is a snatched draw at Anfield says it all really.
    The highlight so far has been beating Stoke away from home to be honest. ;)

March on for a mid table future!! Huzzah!! A truly fantastic team alright. That the highlight of your season is a snatched draw at Anfield says it all really.

Mid-table future? Everton have been the best team outside of the top 4 for the past 5-6 years, if i remember correctly, a team of our "humble resources" finished above Liverpool a couple of years ago. It must feel awful to be the only team from the Big 4 that havn't won the Premiership and wont be winning it any time soon. I wonder what £20m substitute ye are going to buy this year. Liverpool are the laughing stock of the Premiership - always have, always will be.

Edit after LuckyLoyds new post: My highlight of the season will be when Aston Villa finish ahead of you tbh, because they deserve it alot more then Liverpool atm.

Just another club to fight your battles for ya I guess? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    didnt notice myself, wouldn't be at all surprised, twice this season he's gotten injuries where he wouldnt even have been able to jog for a good while. Bound to set back someone's fitness a lot, particularly when they have the metabolism of a professional athlete where they're body is hungry a lot of the time and he cant burn it off. Now, i doubt its at any serious level, but id be surprised if he was 100% perfect condition. That'll take another 2 or 3 weeks.

torres has had more game time than the fully fit babel this season.........im surprised babel can run at all in games, shocking waste of talent sitting on the bench practically every week.......bet he really apprecited the minute and a half he got tonight..:rolleyes:

Mid-table future? Everton have been the best team outside of the top 4 for the past 5-6 years, if i remember correctly, a team of our "humble resources" finished above Liverpool a couple of years ago. It must feel awful to be the only team from the Big 4 that havn't won the Premiership and wont be winning it any time soon. I wonder what £20m substitute ye are going to buy this year. Liverpool are the laughing stock of the Premiership - always have, always will be.

Lol, starting to really like to forum. Honestly can't see Liverpool winning this debate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Some observations from a Neutral (happy with a draw btw)...

The Red Half:
    Stevie G (or GBH as I hear is his nickname on the terraces), Torres and Alonso the heartbeat of the Liverpool side.
    Kuyt - nobody works as hard, but...is that it??? Strange one tbh.
    Riera - not impressed with him at all
    Keane - oh dear. poor, poor game. not looking good.

The Blue Half:
    spirited effort considering no real outlet up front, didnt create much but deserved a point IMHO.
    good defending at times and great work rate off the ball.
    Baines looked very good at LB, as did Anichebe who was tireless.
    Pienaar was pretty decent too.

Remember, form goes out the window in a derby, so all things considered it's not a bad result for either side. Thought the Gerard goal was gonna nick it but as a Villan I'd be lying if I said I wasn't delira' when Cahill scored :o

Keeps Everton off our arse and keeps us within touching distance of the Pool.

[cue robbie keane backlash thread]

what about Robbie

Theres no need for me to criticize Keane. Plenty will do that job despite the fact it isn't all his fault at all.

I love black and white statements like these. Was Keane's goal at Arsenal a joke? Or his match winning display against Bolton?

You know alot about what Liverpool have spent in the transfer market then?

Can you tell me about what they have taken in during the same period?

Don't even answer that, just be quiet for a while.

Just another club to fight your battles for ya I guess? :)

Judging by today we fought the battle fine m8:)

The one time in over 20 years too!! And my, didn't you guys really push on from that huh!! Qualifying for the Champions league ain't a whole lot of use when you can't get into the group stages!! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

That the highlight of your season is a snatched draw at Anfield says it all really.

The DVD goes on sale tomorrow in the official Everton club shop. Seriously.

All the money raffa has wasted on players would save a global recession.

Sir Alex Ferguson right now is enjoying a glass of vintage vino, safe in the knowledge that the title is theirs to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

so much for the BEST SUPPORTERS in the world leaving after 88 minutes of a tense local derby.

They had flights to catch I guess

Have you ever been to a game in the prem?.........people leave early at every single game be it at united or hull; ive driven from old toilet and liverpool back to bristol numerous times over the years and leaving 5 mins early can make the difference between getting back at midnight or getting back at 3/4am....no joke......perhaps a little thought before you post drivel.

I love black and white statements like these. Was Keane's goal at Arsenal a joke? Or his match winning display against Bolton?

You know alot about what Liverpool have spent in the transfer market then?

Can you tell me about what they have taken in during the same period?

Don't even answer that, just be quiet for a while.

lol, I wouldn't even bother putting up a reasoned response to these boys. Their brains are alive and excited after a surprising point - as one would expect. Mixing it with the big boys once every few years should feel good. And don't forget, when the vast majority of their footballing time is spent adrift in the ocean mediocrity - a late equalizer at Liverpool is quite the landmark result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

All the money raffa has wasted on players would save a global recession.

Sir Alex Ferguson right now is enjoying a glass of vintage vino, safe in the knowledge that the title is theirs to lose.

Blame Rafa on the recession! Like he organise something that big.

snatched draw at Anfield

Snatched Draw my ass, apart from the goals, we had the best clear cut chances from Cahill and Vic.

Them rose tinted glasses bothering ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is there any chance we could get a thumbs down sign as well? And is there no school tomorrow, all the kids seem to be up very late tonight?

lol, I wouldn't even bother putting up a reasoned response to these boys. Their brains are alive and excited after a surprising point - as one would expect. Mixing it with the big boys once every few years should feel good. And don't forget, when the vast majority of their footballing time is spent adrift in the ocean mediocrity - a late equalizer at Liverpool is quite the landmark result.

Don't be so bitter cos you've no chance of winning the league, Benitez has bottled it, He's done a keegan, he may as well just get a perm.

spockety wrote: »
    The DVD goes on sale tomorrow in the official Everton club shop. Seriously.
    Ah ha ha ha ha the old jokes still get a laugh alright.

No wonder he has gall stones or whatever with all them chicken fillet burgers he goes thru.

He should go back to spain and try league success there, with a big team.

Snatched Draw my ass, apart from the goals, we had the best clear cut chances from Cahill and Vic.

Them rose tinted glasses bothering ya?

lol. Yeah, we gained a lucky point tonight as Everton always looked likely winners. I stand corrected.

Don't be so bitter cos you've no chance of winning the league, Benitez has bottled it, He's done a keegan, he may as well just get a perm.

Well, you certainly don't sound bitter at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

No wonder he has gall stones or whatever with all them chicken fillet burgers he goes thru.

He should go back to spain and try league success there, with a big team.

Quality stuff.

Who's writing your material?

Have you ever been to a game in the prem?.........people leave early at every single game be it at united or hull; ive driven from old toilet and liverpool back to bristol numerous times over the years and leaving 5 mins early can make the difference between getting back at midnight or getting back at 3/4am....no joke......perhaps a little thought before you post drivel.

BS TBH, Real fans wouldnt leave a derby when there was around 5 minutes still to play for and it was up for grabs

getting back at midnight or 3/4am... lol

and yes, I have been to alot of games.

and I do wait until the end, even if we are all square.

Well, you certainly don't sound bitter at all!

I actually wasn't bitter but i wouldnt expect a bitter Pool fan to understand.

• Advertisement

Liverpool fans can go to bed realising that their dream of challenging for the Premiership is now well and truely over - must be deja vu for them now that we are just past halfway in the season.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement