Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to get to Dublin Airport in the morning?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

I used to be a regular commuter (driver) to Dublin from Carlow, but I haven't done an early morning drive in about 5 years. I have a flight at 9:20 on a Wednesday morning next month so I'm just wondering how long the journey roughly takes these days, would like to be hitting the airport for about 8:00-8:15 - would leaving a 6:00 give me plenty of time? Its a regular Wed no school hols etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

3 quartars of an hour to an hour is standard to the airport. i wouldnt leave and later then 6 like you said, thats my expierence, pre xmas on a tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's all about the traffic if you leave between 6 and 6.20 you'll have plenty of time, just over an hour should do it, leave any later and you hit traffic at redcow, m50 etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Thanks for that guys 6 ish should do it so

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

Was in airport for 8.30 last thursday morning and left carlow at 6.55am. No traffic, and i even parked in the long term car park!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

aynon wrote: »
    3 quartars of an hour to an hour is standard to the airport. i wouldnt leave and later then 6 like you said, thats my expierence, pre xmas on a tues.

You must be going well above the speed limit....I travel to the airport for work reasons twice a week from Carlow town leaving at 6am so roads are quite and it takes me a bit over an hour approx 1.15 and I dont drive slow....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

You must be going well above the speed limit....I travel to the airport for work reasons twice a week from Carlow town leaving at 6am so roads are quite and it takes me a bit over an hour approx 1.15 and I dont drive slow....:rolleyes:

well im on the dublin side of carlow so that would account for part of it. but no just a little over the legal maybe, thats about it, like in some spots its 40kmph and i'd be going at about 60-80kmph....thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

bluebell1 wrote: »
    Was in airport for 8.30 last thursday morning and left carlow at 6.55am. No traffic, and i even parked in the long term car park!

the schools weren't fully back last week, traffic has been well heavy this week compared to last week

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paulfitzg

from Castledermot at 6:10am you will be through newlands cross in 45minutes max. If ou leave 15 minutes later add 10 minutes to journey time. Newlands cross to airport, leave 20 - 30 minutes. Total journey time leaving Carlow at 6am would be a 1hr15 to 1hr30 but leave additional 30 minutes just in case there are any accidents on M50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

aynon wrote: »

Aynon: That's BS!! There's no way you'd make it to the airport in 45 minutes. its a 60 miles trip. To make it in 45 minutes you'd need to be doing an average speed of 80mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Aynon: That's BS!! There's no way you'd make it to the airport in 45 minutes. its a 60 miles trip. To make it in 45 minutes you'd need to be doing an average speed of 80mph.

True, most friday nights I drop into the parents before heading to Carlow, they live about the same distance from the M50 as the airport is and it takes an hour and fifteen minutes to get from there to Braun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement