Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lancer

Options
  • 13-01-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Lads, to be honest im not big into doing cars up, i'd rather save me money n buy a decent up the years car.

But last year i bought a 2008 1.5 mivec lancer, its quick enough but still needs a little more uummpphhh.

Whats the first thing i should tune or upgrade ? If you know average price that would be savage.

Thanks,
    Domo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well its a nice looking car, b i dont think you can pull out alot of ponies out of this engine m8.

In mine opinion engines shouldnot even be touched. Its usless, you will spend alot of money, and gain very small power.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

wont gain much power but look into breather mods, filters, cold air feeds, and exhaust systems, decat maybe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

draffodx wrote: »
    wont gain much power but look into breather mods, filters, cold air feeds, and exhaust systems, decat maybe

Yup thiese are [retty much the only thing you can do.

Although someone else might be able to confirm/dismiss this... The Mivec engine can be tuned in a similer manner to a Vtec'd Honda (Dropping the point etc at which the Mivec kicks in) but I'm not sure as I was never really into Mivec's after seeing a few "Lazy Mivecs" a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yup thiese are [retty much the only thing you can do.

Although someone else might be able to confirm/dismiss this... The Mivec engine can be tuned in a similer manner to a Vtec'd Honda (Dropping the point etc at which the Mivec kicks in) but I'm not sure as I was never really into Mivec's after seeing a few "Lazy Mivecs" a few years ago.

The point at which Mivec or Vtec kicks in will have no effect on preformance.

Maybe engine swap? Only so much you can do with a N/A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

DomShelley wrote: »
    Lads, to be honest im not big into doing cars up, i'd rather save me money n buy a decent up the years car.

But last year i bought a 2008 1.5 mivec lancer, its quick enough but still needs a little more uummpphhh.

Whats the first thing i should tune or upgrade ? If you know average price that would be savage.

Thanks,
    Domo

save up for an evo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

tbh if you want more power dont bother.

the engine is pritty good at doing what its doing now the entire car was designed to take the power in it .

if you put more power in it you will have to start thinking about suspension mods not to mention breaks.

you might not like what im saying but its comming from a evo 4 driver whois tuned a altezza from 170bhp to 300 and now to what i hope will hit the 380 ish mark

if you want a quick car and do have 2k-5k do go out and buy a car.

the evo 4 can be bought for 5k in some places .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A cold-air intake, de-cat and re-map would probably be the best value for money, but you're still not going to see much power increase and it'll probably cost at least 2k. Needless to say, you wouldn't be able to pass an NCT without a cat, you'll see your fuel bill go up and your service interval go down. I wouldn't even consider it unless you're going to be keeping the car long term and even then you have to be realistic in your expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

DomShelley wrote: »
    a 2008 1.5 mivec lancer,

Is that proper MIVEC as in cam changeover, or like a Diet MIVEC, like i-VTEC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Sell it and buy an evo 5 :)
    FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Savage looking car, not much you can with it performace wise.Its not going to win any races, but its more than fine once you push it a bit.I had a test drive on the 1.6 old shape a few weeks ago ( they are going for nothing now ), which had only 96bhp, yours has 109bhp which sounds decent for a car this size.

Anyway I think you would be mad to sell such a nice yoke, you will get nothing for it :(.

They are suppose to be an ultra reliable car and you only have to pay 300e road tax.A good evo will cost you over 6000e,20mpg , 2000e road tax, higher insurance and all the hassle that comes with turbo's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement