Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PRO WRESTLING FORUM ROYAL RUMBLE MEETUP!

• 13-01-2009 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Ok folks, we were discussing this a while ago and myself and Dray as in Dre have been chatting about it behind the scenes and we were just wondering who would be up for having a meet-up and watching the Rumble? Considering the Rumble pools on the go and all that I can't think of a better time for a PW forum meet-up and a few beers to watch a PPV :)

Dray can sort out a venue (in Dublin city centre) if we get enough numbers, but since we will pretty much kinda have to hire the place for ourselves, there would be a minimal fee for anyone who attends to help us cover the costs. I can't say how much it will be, as the individual cost will depend on how many people attend.

We're thinking of having a SVR competition before the PPV too for a bit of a laugh :)

So click the poll if you're interested in coming along so we can get an idea of numbers to see if this is viable to run with :)

Are you up for attending the PW Rumble meet-up? 9 votes

Yay
    0%
    Nay
    100%
    [Deleted User]The Bulljoe123Reganio 2orestesJohnJerichoD.QCMpunkedNuri Sahin 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Outside commitments prevent me from going but I think it's a fine idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'd love to go but I'm headin away to Amsterdam begining of Feb and need to save money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm back in college the day after so I'm not sure yet if I can make it. I'll put myself in the maybe pile though as I reckon it's a brilliant idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Nay
    I am in college the next day as well Nice Guy, shoddy excuse :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A meetup is a good idea, but not on a Sunday night to watch an event that will be on til five in the morning when most people have work the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Nay
    so in! IF its happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Work commitments make it an impossibility for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If something like this was done for Wrestlemania I would be 100% up for it. As it is, there is no way I could swing this.

Nay
    Its a tester for wretlemania , if we can get the numbers for this Wrestlemania will deffo happen .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Nay
    sounds like a good idea but a lot of people have work an other problems like travel into dublin and tryin to get home after and the like. Maybee if there was somthing organised online like a multiple skype chat that people could join on line and have the craci or even an instant message board to chat amounst while people where watchin the PPV.

I would think that if there was goin to be an event for wrestlemania it would need to be organised in conjunction with a hotel or somthing. Look it i see two of them there on the news this evening closing next week. If say someone or ones from the board where to go to a hotel in and around dublin or elsewere in the country, that lets say was not as busy with the slow down and say. Where lookin to organise an event here at ur hotel, on sunday night/mon morning. All the hotel has to do is organise a big screen in a function room with the event been shown big enough to hold a 100 or more and a reasonable rate for a room for 2 or more people. Then i would be up for that, i would say there would be a good number in favour of it as well. lets face it it hard to get home at that time of night, and most people could take the mon off. furthermore we could all meet up on the sun afternoon have the craic have a few bevies and have a great old night, off to bed at 4 and make ur way home on the monday. me and my mate are from the west of ireland and we have been to WM 21 22 and would have no problem traveling up for the sun and takin the monday off. i surpose u could call it the first wwe garthering for WM in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The problem is that everyone (including me) has to do something on Monday morning so maybe scheduling something for the next time WWE come to town or a European UFC show would be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Work on Monday morning makes this impossible for me. I will be recording the live version on the Rumble and watching it on Monday evening.

A forum beers at some stage though is defo a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Nay
    Ok, I think it's pretty safe to say this isn't gonna go ahead.

Myself and Dre are in talks about setting something up for Wrestlemania, I'll start a new thread soon after we have gone over things to see if people are interested.

Setting something up for an event when WWE are in town again is a good idea too, I'll definitely keep that in mind

Advertisement