Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for inkjet cartridges?

• 13-01-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi

I've done a search of boards.ie but cant reallly find any good posts re cartridges. I went to inkjet.ie and they were €19 for a black cartridge, not an original either! They're hardly that price in the shops.

Any other suggestions?

And is there any way to use my colour cartridge as the black always goes first!?

thanks

h

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got out of date ones on ebay, about 1/10th the price of new ones in pc world at the time, worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

I recently bought a batch of generic inkjet cartridges from InkJetDirect in the UK. After several phone calls and emails I eventually got my order completed but it was still wrong so I gave up on getting it completed according to what I had ordered online. I then found that one of the cartridges (Magenta) had burst in the plastic bag so that went in the bin.
    Only last night, when trying to print a simple poster with a bit of colour on it, I could not remove coloured banding caused by the blue and black not printing properly. After several attempts using the print utility to clean the heads and realign them, I eventually had to remove them from the printer and replace them with the proper Epson inks. I now have my printer running on Epson inks only and it is perfect again.
    I most certainly won't be ordering from them again despite all the adds the have in the photo magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

What printer are you looking for ink for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I buy mine from this guy on eBay - discountcartridges. Have bought from him for a few years now and never had any problems with the cartridges. I have an Epson.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

Eventually went into local Tesco and the HP ones were 19.99 but I got Tesco's own brand for 5.99 !! They had only 3 left so I bought them all. May have to raid the other tescos too! The "copy" cartridges were 14.99 in a pc store.

Tescos might have made a mistake but Im not complaining!

h

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 herim22

I get mine from Recharge cartridges bandon, think they have shops all over, never had a problem and the guys seem to know what there talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Hi - I get mine in recharge also (they used to be called ???? - I can't remember) - I've had some problems but the lads in store always got me sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I get mine from justmedia.ie. Their own brand stuff is amazingly cheap (about €3) and next day delivery is spot on.

The ink isn't the absolute mae west (have had problems on a rare occassion - maybe 1 out of 10) but at €3 I just replace the cartridge if I've had problems!

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I ordered some ink cartridges from Just Media for an Epson Stylus SX 405 (for my dads printer). I went to install the ink yesterday and none of the cartridges were recognised by the printer. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That can happen with compatible cartridges for all types of printers. The best thing to do with a new printer if you plan using compatibles cartridges is to not use the cartridges they give you with it. Once you don't use the official cartridges in the printer, you wont get errors with compatibles ones.

As for you, contact justmedia, they will refund you im sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement