Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym w/ Swimming Pool Cork city - close to Kinsale Roundabout?

Options
  • 13-01-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi all,
    I'm new to the area and looking for a gym/health club that is not too far from the Kinsale roundabout in Cork city. I'm living close to the South Link & Douglas and would ideally like to have access to a swimming pool, gym, instructor-led-classes (obviously the least expensive the better)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Douglas public swimming pool fulfils the cheapness criterion It was filthy the last time I visited several years ago, but maybe they've cleaned it up since. I believe they have a gym too, but I've never seen it.

http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/recreationamenityculture/sportsrecreationalfacilities/

The opening hours advertised on the web site look a bit strange, I'd advise calling them to find out.

The Rochestown Park Hotel is also reasonably close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Avoid Douglas Swimming Pool!!!!

Bishopstown is just a few minutes out if you drive, thats a good one,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Trabeg (nemo) isnt too far. Pretty good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I'd also second bishopstown leisureworld. Its pretty handy to get to and has a nice clean pool and a decent gym and lots of classes. I'd also second avoiding dougal swimming pool or any other public swimming pool. They're all nasty and the private ones are about the same price to most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Leisureworld Bishopstown is also a public pool. It's owned by the city council. Although I have to admit that any time I've been there it's been a lot more pleasant than Douglas pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

really i didn't know that at all. I suppose I thought it was private cuz it seems to be run better and is actually clean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

so private isn't always better?

Advertisement