Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery booster for €40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Bought one of these from Lidl a while back and find if the battery is totaly dead it doesn't work .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Fair sure Dunnes Stores had that for €38 something lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

has than enough kick to jump start a JCB on a frosty morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

Barr wrote: »
    Bought one of these from Lidl a while back and find if the battery is totaly dead it doesn't work .

You may not have had the pack charged up fully, it does make a difference.
    I've used one to start a 2.5td jeep from a totally dead battery a few times. (Crappy radio kept draining it)

These are really handy and also have a compressor in-built. Great value for €40.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

has than enough kick to jump start a JCB on a frosty morning?

That might be pushing it a bit I reckon. Any hills you can park on?:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement

I bought 1 today for my own yoke, even if it only gets you out of trouble once it's well worth it.

Includes:
    -Battery for jump starting
    -Air compressor for pumping wheels (& attachements for footballs, etc.)
    -Tyre pressure gauge
    -Flashlight function
    -Flashing yellow lights for breakdown, etc
    -3 12V sockets (cigarette lighter type)
    -Mains charger & in car 12V charger
    -Loads of spare fusses and light bulbs.

Good value for 40 squid.

EDIT: crap, 3 posts in a row, i'm really stalking this 1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

They were definately a good yolk & started petrols no effort, but struggled to start a citroen belingo 1.9 diesel van so I'd avoid as it did the same with 2 of the berlingos.

I had one until March this year but alas I'll share my story again :mad::

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055252031
    My Car wouldn't start today. Anyways used the jump booster pack to get it started and it starts fine but when i restart it, it won't start without the booster pack. I'm thinking the alteenator is gone. its a 1995 primera (180,000 ,miles). Also when i turn the lights on their flickering and other accessorie stuff inside the car isn't powering up / powering but getting loow voltage messages.. What do you guys reckon??

To add to my woes this car pulls in with 4 lads, passenger sticks his hands out the window and nicks my jump starter, can you believe that!!!and me sitting in the front seat. i got the reg and reported it to the garda. Unfortuantley i wasn't quick enough to **** a rock through his back window. The car is a blue almera 95CW1312 ,...probably nicked as well.

They were definately a good yolk & started petrols no effort, but struggled to start a citroen belingo 1.9 diesel van so I'd avoid as it did the same with 2 of the berlingos.

I had one until March this year but alas I'll share my story again :mad::

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055252031

Those scumbags, they'll steal anything.:mad:

Ye, the one I was using on the jeep was a very old one, maybe had more grunt? Although that jeep was extremly easy to push start for some reason.

I suppose you could use it on a diesel to get the plugs going and then push start it.

Advertisement