Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hrta wrote: »
    I can offer the use of hrta for training for any of the teams going to PR 3,
    for free, any evenings at the weekend or week day, and the best of luck to all going over.

Paul.

Paul that is a super jesture on your part it really is.

We will be in touch with you soon in relation ot this. And once again thank you ever so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

nice gesture paul., I'm hoping to get motivated on this asap and see if we can get everyone who's going, training off the same sheet., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

HRTA is proud to support our troops

hrtalo8.jpg
    w466.png

Masada wrote: »
    nice gesture paul., I'm hoping to get motivated on this asap and see if we can get everyone who's going, training off the same sheet., :)

Sir I've been hard at work in your absence.

Will brief you asap on the training thing.

Essentially the whole irish platoon will be performing weekly training, in both room clearance, and breaching buildings from outside.

Paul your offering is going to prove vital in your quest abroad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I will definitely attend this training (work permitting). Thanks for that Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Chears paul, really nice gesture on your part...

EDIT: By the way does everyone going belong to a team of some sort, apart from me:o

Hey lads when is everyone planning on paying for there fairy tickets, from my understanding anyone needing to bum a lift will need to give there money to the person whos car thy are going in, so they can pay for everyone in there car, or am i mistakin?

P.S i need a lift so if theres anyone with a spare seat i would greatly appreciate it.

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Chears paul, really nice gesture on your part...

EDIT: By the way does everyone going belong to a team of some sort, apart from me:o

Yes everyone is, besides yourself,Keith Douglas and possibly diceman?

But like that you are assigned to a section, my section in fact. So you will be playing with a team, and we will make you feel apart of the team no doubts about it. Your also part of a larger platoon.

This time round feels great, with such a hefty irish prescenece its going to be amazing really, I cannot wait to go.

TGhostWarrior and myself have been discussing training etc for Azerbajan members. Paul obviously has made this lovely gesture, but it also has to be mentioned The Warehouse also made a similar gesture, before they even decided to go.

It is great to see support coming from site owners. This is a big enough thing for Irish airsoft, that a contingent of this size is going abroad to represent the irish community on the playing field. The same thing I guess happening in berget come summer.

Ozcam has also kindly messaged us and said he would be more then happy to pass on some knowledge he has personally.

So a training schedule will be devised to suit all, ir not the majority of the players, and will kick of asap. Things need to be done rather sharpish before the event.

Room Clearance
    Building breachers
    Defensive perimeters
    Communications, basic hand signals
    Light and noise discipline
    Tactical columns
    Fire and manouvres
    Covering/suppressing fire

As much as it may sound, done properly and everyone paying attention could be realistictly done in two weeks I think.

Yes everyone is, besides yourself,Keith Douglas and possibly diceman?

But like that you are assigned to a section, my section in fact. So you will be playing with a team, and we will make you feel apart of the team no doubts about it. Your also part of a larger platoon.

This time round feels great, with such a hefty irish prescenece its going to be amazing really, I cannot wait to go.

TGhostWarrior and myself have been discussing training etc for Azerbajan members. Paul obviously has made this lovely gesture, but it also has to be mentioned The Warehouse also made a similar gesture, before they even decided to go.

It is great to see support coming from site owners. This is a big enough thing for Irish airsoft, that a contingent of this size is going abroad to represent the irish community on the playing field. The same thing I guess happening in berget come summer.

Ozcam has also kindly messaged us and said he would be more then happy to pass on some knowledge he has personally.

So a training schedule will be devised to suit all, ir not the majority of the players, and will kick of asap. Things need to be done rather sharpish before the event.

Room Clearance
    Building breachers
    Defensive perimeters
    Communications, basic hand signals
    Light and noise discipline
    Tactical columns
    Fire and manouvres
    Covering/suppressing fire

As much as it may sound, done properly and everyone paying attention could be realistictly done in two weeks I think.

Chears DOC, really appreciate it, cant wait for the training either should be great crack:D

Np man, dont know if we have met on the field yet, always great to meet new players.

Going to one of these events tests your metal as an airsofter imo :)

• Advertisement

Np man, dont know if we have met on the field yet, always great to meet new players.

Going to one of these events tests your metal as an airsofter imo :)

No man dont think we have met before, havnt really been to any games the only one i can recall being at was the test play at fingal. Work at a paintball sight though so i think ill be preety skilled out on the airsoft field:o...... Any idea on the dates of the training days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

Ah... Another Convert to the church of airsoft (sorry for the copyright infringement rabbit)

Lads just wondering if anyone can offer me a lift over and back, would really appreciate it....:)..... I live in Bray but can meet someone in dun laugheire or Dublin for the Fairy,

EDIT: Im 17 BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

^^ I think you should confirm your age (from previous posts you may be under 18) and it is a big responsability to bring an under 18 to a game especially one over night and in another country.

cpb wrote: »
    ^^ I think you should confirm your age (from previous posts you may be under 18) and it is a big responsability to bring an under 18 to a game especially one over night and in another country.

Put down my age (17) but im responsible enough, the person bringing me doesnt need to look after me just give me the lift:D..... Seriously though you wouldnt have to worry about "minding" me:P

EDIT: obviously ill be giving a few bob towards petrol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

Put down my age (17) but im responsible enough, the person bringing me doesnt need to look after me just give me the lift:D..... Seriously though you wouldnt have to worry about "minding" me:P

yeh but i think the car ur in the person driving is automatically responsible for u i think now lol, but it does sound dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Heyjay, in an ideal world 17 shouldn't be a big issue, and it may not be to you, but to the law it definitely is. You should probably drop in to your local Garda station and find out what paperwork you need. They're very helpful with this stuff.

At the very least, Stena Line will not let you on the ferry without written authorisation from a parent or guardian. IIRC, whoever agrees to take you in their car is legally responsible for you "in loco parentis", whether either of you like it or not.

Also, PLEASE read the TA-events website thoroughly (from some of your questions you do not appear to have done this yet). I don't mean to put a damper on you, but this isn't an afternoon skirmish. It's a 24hr full-on MilSim in the Brecon Beacons and - camping experience or not - it's really not recommended for beginners.

OzCam wrote: »
    Heyjay, in an ideal world 17 shouldn't be a big issue, and it may not be to you, but to the law it definitely is. You should probably drop in to your local Garda station and find out what paperwork you need. They're very helpful with this stuff.

At the very least, Stena Line will not let you on the ferry without written authorisation from a parent or guardian. IIRC, whoever agrees to take you in their car is legally responsible for you "in loco parentis", whether either of you like it or not.

Also, PLEASE read the TA-events website thoroughly (from some of your questions you do not appear to have done this yet). I don't mean to put a damper on you, but this isn't an afternoon skirmish. It's a 24hr full-on MilSim in the Brecon Beacons and - camping experience or not - it's really not recommended for beginners.

OzCam, i appreciate what you are saying, but the idea of it being a 24 hour skirmish is what has me so adimint to go. I have been away from my parents and camping out alot more then your average 17 year old, obviously i do see exactly were you guys are coming from with this so i may have to come up with another way of getting over there, hey maybe ill have my full licence in time so i can drive over. But anyway i know were you guys are coming from and if you dont want to have the burden of a under 18 year old with you i understand.:)

But dont get me wrong i am more then capable of playing for 24 hours as i have done much tougher things in the past that required me to stay awake for that lenght of time.

OzCam, i appreciate what you are saying, but the idea of it being a 24 hour skirmish is what has me so adimint to go. I have been away from my parents and camping out alot more then your average 17 year old, obviously i do see exactly were you guys are coming from with this so i may have to come up with another way of getting over there, hey maybe ill have my full licence in time so i can drive over. But anyway i know were you guys are coming from and if you dont want to have the burden of a under 18 year old with you i understand.:)

But dont get me wrong i am more then capable of playing for 24 hours as i have done much tougher things in the past that required me to stay awake for that lenght of time.

well aslong as u know what ur getting into than ur grand, just id say it be best to get ur own way over, also show up at some of the training skirmishes for phoenix rising 3 in warhouse or hrta when there on, and u can prove ur determination to ppl :)

Lacertus wrote: »
    well aslong as u know what ur getting into than ur grand, just id say it be best to get ur own way over, also show up at some of the training skirmishes for phoenix rising 3 in warhouse or hrta when there on, and u can prove ur determination to ppl :)

Im deffinitly going to be showing up at the training, no dought about it.....

P.S if someone wouldnt mind taking a 17 year old along with them i will really appreciate it. But if not i understand.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Glad to hear it, sounds like you may be more used to roughing it than some of the rest of us. Once you get the legalities sorted out you should be ok.

Based on previous experience, we will have a short interview with the Heddlu/Police on the way back. They will be asking a lot of questions when they see your passport; if the answers are all lined up like ducks in a row it'll all go a lot smoother.

It might be worth seeing if you can persuade an older family member to come along as your legal guardian. That might be worth a shot. They don't need a game ticket. Any responsible site in Ireland will also welcome you bringing an observer at any time, so your folks (or whoever) can see what's involved or have their questions answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Im deffinitly going to be showing up at the training, no dought about it.....

P.S if someone wouldnt mind taking a 17 year old along with them i will really appreciate it. But if not i understand.....

Or you could fly in to Cardiff Airport, and then get the train to Merthyr Tydfil train Station, there is a bus from this train Station up to Sennybridge, but i think it's for army lads only, so best bet is a taxi it's a bout 40 minutes taxi journey, so now all you need is for some one to take over your AEG.

hrta wrote: »
    Or you could fly in to Cardiff Airport, and then get the train to Merthyr Tydfil train Station, there is a bus from this train Station up to Sennybridge, but i think it's for army lads only, so best bet is a taxi it's a bout 40 minutes taxi journey, so now all you need is for some one to take over your AEG.

Chears that sounds like a possability but i dont think i can get anyone to come over with me, might have to give this one a miss and just make sure i attend the next one:(.......(once im 18 of course)

Chears that sounds like a possability but i dont think i can get anyone to come over with me, might have to give this one a miss and just make sure i attend the next one:(.......(once im 18 of course)

I'd be positive about it mate. At 17 I was travelling to america and the uk on my own to play paintball.

My advice would be to contact Ian in TA event directly and get an anwser from him. Should he be cool with your attendance and you get parental consent form signed or something, I'm sure you can bum a lift from someone over really.

There was people there last year I wouldnt have given more then 16 to be honest.

I'd be positive about it mate. At 17 I was travelling to america and the uk on my own to play paintball.

My advice would be to contact Ian in TA event directly and get an anwser from him. Should he be cool with your attendance and you get parental consent form signed or something, I'm sure you can bum a lift from someone over really.

There was people there last year I wouldnt have given more then 16 to be honest.

Chears DOC, i got in touch with Ian and he said just try and organise something with the other Irish lads going, so it seems to be cool with him, Just need someone to except me in there car. If they agree to take me i can arange for them to meet my mum or whatever if it makes them more comfortable with the whole thing:)...

EDIT: He just got back to me again and said to give a 17 year old fellow airsofter a brake:P:P.........:D

Chears DOC, i got in touch with Ian and he said just try and organise something with the other Irish lads going, so it seems to be cool with him, Just need someone to except me in there car. If they agree to take me i can arange for them to meet my mum or whatever if it makes them more comfortable with the whole thing:)...

EDIT: He just got back to me again and said to give a 17 year old fellow airsofter a brake:P:P.........:D

Yeah im totally with you to be honest. Granted there is some reservations regarding some people, I believe them to be anal. If your going to travel to this event, its milsim, your going to start acting your role now.

That means you act an adult, you look after yourself, and you take responsability for yourself.

I'm 20 years of age...with the maturity of a 15 year old :D

I'm sure someone can sort out some sort of lift for you, wether the full way, or just from port to sennybridge.

To be honest, you wanting to come to this event, and being completely cosure with the milsim enviroment, and the fact youve shown a massive interest in the training and clearly have motivation, in my eyes makes you more then adequate to attend.

Yeah im totally with you to be honest. Granted there is some reservations regarding some people, I believe them to be anal. If your going to travel to this event, its milsim, your going to start acting your role now.

That means you act an adult, you look after yourself, and you take responsability for yourself.

I'm 20 years of age...with the maturity of a 15 year old :D

I'm sure someone can sort out some sort of lift for you, wether the full way, or just from port to sennybridge.

To be honest, you wanting to come to this event, and being completely cosure with the milsim enviroment, and the fact youve shown a massive interest in the training and clearly have motivation, in my eyes makes you more then adequate to attend.

Chears DOC, really appreciate that:)

Lovely words doc, u should get a Oscar for that:D

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone has a spare seat in there car can meet in dun laugheire or dublin fairy ports. (sorry dont mean to be annoying people for a lift just really need one:o)..........:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone has a spare seat in there car can meet in dun laugheire or dublin fairy ports. (sorry dont mean to be annoying people for a lift just really need one:o)..........:)

My Lot are Finalising the transport arrangements, ill let you know if we have room for you. i'll pm you more when i know it

Advertisement