Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

My Lot are Finalising the transport arrangements, ill let you know if we have room for you. i'll pm you more when i know it

That would be great thanks man.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

Ten commandments of MOUT.
    1 Thou shalt not stack outside.
    2 The city is a danger area.
    Thou shalt use bounding and overwatch.
    Thou shalt not "slide and glide" in the open.
    Thou shall use suppressing fire when maneuvering.
    Thou shalt use "guns and eyeballs".
    Thou shalt mark what thou has cleared.
    Thou shalt communicate and coordinate.
    Thou shalt have multiple breaches.
    Thou shalt maintain spherical security.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

OzCam wrote: »
    Heyjay, in an ideal world 17 shouldn't be a big issue, and it may not be to you, but to the law it definitely is. You should probably drop in to your local Garda station and find out what paperwork you need. They're very helpful with this stuff.

At the very least, Stena Line will not let you on the ferry without written authorisation from a parent or guardian. IIRC, whoever agrees to take you in their car is legally responsible for you "in loco parentis", whether either of you like it or not.
    Casper wrote:
    I, *parents full name here*, hereby grant permission for my child: *HeyJay14s Full name here*, to travel to and attend the airsoft game event called "Phoenix Rising 3" at Sennybridge Army Training Estate in South Wales; between the dates of 3rd and 7th April 2009.

I grant permission for my child to travel within the UK and ROI with *guardians name here* between the above mentioned dates.
    I also aknowledge that *guardians name here* will be the guardian for my child during the above mentioned duration and I grant him permission to be so.
    I also aknowledge the fact that *guardians name here* will be unable to watch over my child when the airsoft gaming is in play and during such time the staff running the event will be legally responsible for my childs safety and welfare.

Additionally, I allow my child to wear only eye-protection as opposed to full-face protection and I am aware of the risk of injury / dental damage involved.

*parents signature here*

My phone number is: *parents mobile number here*

Game Location:
    Celieni Village, SENTA, Sennybridge, Powys, Wales.

Contact Info:
    -*guardians name here* ( *Guardians mobile number here* )
    -Ian Wermerling, Game organiser ( *Ians mobile number here* )
    That's what I've used for previous events to bring a few 16 / 17 year olds to events. Obviously the bit about face protection is optional depending on what the parents allow.
    If the persons parents are seperated, it's usually wise to get a copy from both.
    If the permission obtained is verbal instead of written & signed, then it can be later denied by the parents in court in the event of a worst case scenario.
    If permission isn't obtained, then technically that's abduction, in UK law at any rate. I'd imagine Irish law is rather similar.
    Acting as a legal guardian for a minor isn't a responsibility to take lightly. More so if you don't know them.
    Your Casper the friendly ghost you boon :)
    ok,
    Fixed that... for some reason i thought Casper was ASI casper (Duh)
    So did I! I nearly died! I thought someone had paid for a place for me or something! blink.gif
    Unfortunately, due to the fact that there's another event on in NI on the same weekend, none of the ASI guys will be there. Was really wanting to go to this and was still considering going, even when everyone up here bailed for the NI event, but I don't really have the funds to go to be honest. Just got too many upcoming events that need paid for.
    It'll be the first of the TA Events games I've missed, but I think twice in a row at Sennybridge is enough for me anyway, a 3rd time would just be overkill. :(

Give 'em hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

ASI Casper wrote: »
    If the permission obtained is verbal instead of written & signed, then it can be later denied by the parents in court in the event of a worst case scenario.
    If permission isn't obtained, then technically that's abduction, in UK law at any rate. I'd imagine Irish law is rather similar.
    Acting as a legal guardian for a minor isn't a responsibility to take lightly. More so if you don't know them.

The big issue here was never heyjay's level of maturity (there doesn't seem to be a problem with that), or even the paperwork for the event itself. It was always about the transport of an unrelated minor across an international border. On his 18th birthday he can travel as an adult on his own responsibility, the day before that is a legal minefield. It's a pity, but unless someone comes up with a solution, it looks like he's stuck.

Have a great day at Ballykinlar. When my Event Calendar goes live (soon) it'll be a little easier to avoid those pesky scheduling conflicts :)

Stirling are organising a big game in CDV in the autumn, hope to see you at that one. And if Heyjay's 18 by then, we hope to see him there too.

Well i have no problem getting written permission off both parents if requested, anyway ill be going to the training and the milsim in HRTA so hopefully ill meet some of you face to face and maybe someone will be more comfortable offering me a lift after meeting me....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Well i have no problem getting written permission off both parents if requested, anyway ill be going to the training and the milsim in HRTA so hopefully ill meet some of you face to face and maybe someone will be more comfortable offering me a lift after meeting me....:)

if i was driving id bring you :)

I'll inform you of training schedules etc, and sure come along your more then welcome. I will not be posting publicly the training times, not to be elitist, but merely we are getting great help from paul and warehouse team, to use their facilities to prepare ourselves for a big overseas event. And I wouldnt like to see their generosity exploited by people looking for a free game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'll inform you of training schedules etc, and sure come along your more then welcome. I will not be posting publicly the training times, not to be elitist, but merely we are getting great help from paul and warehouse team, to use their facilities to prepare ourselves for a big overseas event. And I wouldnt like to see their generosity exploited by people looking for a free game.

Are the training sessions open to opposing forces? I ask since I think there's about only me on the Armenian force in Dublin. I can't quite well train by myself. Well .... I find myself scoping out ways to breach my office, the toilets, the local shops, my car, etc. constantly thanks to the CRW weekend held by Stirling the other week, but there's only so far you can take that before you get arrested and/or sectioned :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

Just wondering does anyone have a site map for this place so i can get a lay of the land or a grid ref on google maps so i can make a map?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Sennybridge201.jpg
    Sennybridge_village1.jpg
    Sennybridge20Area1.jpg

Chears DOC, appreciate that. Cant wait to meet you in person you seem like a top bloke.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'll be putting together a pretty comprehensive "How to get there" document probably tomorrow sometime, I'll link it here. It'll be a bit dublin-centric, but it's aimed at the "Big three" teams heading (i.e. Hawks, Ghosts and AON). Once you've done it once, getting there and back in one piece is pretty straightforward.

I'll possibly also be looking into a commemorative patch for the Irish contingent at PR3. Ian himself has mentioned how he's looking forward to the Irish lads heading over. Pricing will happen soon. If anyone's into designing a patch, drop me a PM. I'm a design leper.

Other stuff possibly in the pipeline, watch this space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

cheers for the maps puddin

OK, check out http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=EventsPR3

Edit and correct as required. I've added some quick advice on ferries and specifically the optimal ferries to get for this event (no really).

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Will you not need some tango's to train with, it some times helps, if the target shoot's back at you, the stray dogs would be a good call, and some of the young guns:D

Afraid im going to have to drop out of this lads, recently lost the job and getting a lift is proving hard and its wrong of me to expect someone to claim responsibility of me.. But enjoy it and i want you lot to post loads of your war storys:D:D, hopefully ill be 18 for the 4th one and ill be able to make it to that one.. Anyway hope to meet you all on the field some day..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Sorry to hear that Jay. Catch you on the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Thats a pity dude. I am sure we will see you on the field.

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Afraid im going to have to drop out of this lads, recently lost the job and getting a lift is proving hard and its wrong of me to expect someone to claim responsibility of me.. But enjoy it and i want you lot to post loads of your war storys:D:D, hopefully ill be 18 for the 4th one and ill be able to make it to that one.. Anyway hope to meet you all on the field some day..:)

Probably for the best, after pr events, you come home and jsut hate every skirmish you play on the weekend.

Atleast you can drive yourself towards the next one, which will be later this year afaik.

OzCam wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Jay. Catch you on the next one.
    Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Thats a pity dude. I am sure we will see you on the field.
    Probably for the best, after pr events, you come home and jsut hate every skirmish you play on the weekend.

Atleast you can drive yourself towards the next one, which will be later this year afaik.

Chears lads, cant wait for the next one..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

For attention of Doc!

From the TA PR3 Site
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=377#
    Don’t be tempted to take red bull or any other caffeinated drinks, these will kill you dead.

LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Red Bull? That's for women.....

At PR2 I was on straight 200mg pills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

I'd be in full agreement. A couple of red bull or pro plus throughout a non-stop event do no harm and even plenty of benefit, but if you intend to red-bull your way through the entire event or eat nothing but chocolate and sweets and coke, then you'll end up regretting it and unable to last the distance.
    There's plenty here that were at PR2 that can vouch for how difficult it is.

Getting through the event and enjoying it don't always go hand in hand. ;)

Wormbyte was 40 yesterday btw, in case any of you want to pop over to the TA Events forums and wish him well.

fayer wrote: »
    For attention of Doc!

From the TA PR3 Site
    http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=377#

LOL :D

That is ****ing hilarious

14 cans ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

14 cans ftw

Lightweight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

That is ****ing hilarious

14 cans ftw :D
    Dar wrote: »
    Lightweight ;)

Remember Dar, he only shot 15 BB's, smoked 674 fags, and ate NOTHING!

fayer wrote: »
    Remember Dar, he only shot 15 BB's, smoked 674 fags, and ate NOTHING!

yeah, im really hoping to fire more rounds this time :)

Considering going with sniper

This event is just over a month away. Time to get ferries and the like sorted and booked. Hawks will be booking our ferries this week.

Info on the best ferries to get is at the info wiki at http://www.irishairsoft.info/index.php?title=EventsPR3

If there are bits to the wiki that people want filled in, just create the page or heading and someone will get to it (you need to create an account)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

does anyone have room for a lift?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its been so long since I last signed up for this, does anyone know is there a way to check if i have payed already? I just wanna see what i have sorted and what i still have to do.,:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Think that DOC paid for you.

Advertisement