Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

Not really...

Our platoon is the only ones who need to know. and as he has said in that forum the object of it is to give everyone the lay of the land as it stands.

Realisticly it should be like this ... but thats subject to change depending on people turning up and such.

2nd Platoon

1 Section

OzCam (Lyons) Medic
    diceman7 (oreilly)
    Kilo Delta (Douglas) Section Commander
    Dr.Pepper (Scolard)
    TommyBoy (Keogh)
    Gerrout (O'Connor)
    God (Mangan)
    Dar (O'Toole)
    Fayer (Fay)
    moggser (o gorman)

2 Section
    Hawkeye (Lumsden)
    Helo (Ryan)
    Mousie (O'Connor)
    Machine (McLoughlin)
    Eightball (Richardson)Section Commander
    Doc Smith (Smith) Medic
    The Contractor (Cummins)
    Duchy (McDonald)

3 Section
    Jay (Fagan)
    Kiwi (Keogh) Section Commander
    Bert (Gore)
    Karrel (Bobaly)
    HOMMER (Bergia)
    mini waller (wall) Medic
    Kinser (Pritchard)
    JT (Tweedie)

Platoon HQ
    Spectre (Kenna) Platoon Commander
    DOC (O'Connor) Platoon Sergeant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Not really...

Our platoon is the only ones who need to know. and as he has said in that forum the object of it is to give everyone the lay of the land as it stands.

Realisticly it should be like this ... but thats subject to change depending on people turning up and such.

Platoon HQ
    Spectre (Kenna) Platoon Commander
    DOC (O'Connor) Platoon Sergeant

This "Platoon HQ" is a makeyupy place right?
    i.e you will actually be with your section.
    I dont wanna lose a great squad leader to some room.

Also our entire team are 100% confirmed so no worries there.
    When we confirm, we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

Its not "makeyupy"

its the command element within the organisation. as such it moves between the sections and stays within the platoon. its main function is to corridnate and direct the platoon actions in game and make sure we dont run around likea bunch of headless chickens, & Section and platoon commanders are there to lead and by example, sitting in a room with a radio wont fulfill this role. so no need to worry yourself there connor.. you'll get to play with doc quite a bit... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I wish I was going, and that list only taunts me further...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Erm... TA don't appear to have published platoon commander roles, and as far as I remember, there wasn't one. Every section is controlled by Zero

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Heres an idea though....

How about we all just go over there and play airsoft? All this bitching is very bleedin childish.

Anyway, to any of the lads there the last time, would it be recommended to bring identification with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Masada wrote: »
    Anyway, to any of the lads there the last time, would it be recommended to bring identification with us?

Yes. The official position from Stena Lines is "Irish citizens travelling to Britain do not need a passport but are advised to take a form of identity." It's always a good idea to take something... a Driving License is ideal if you have one, but anything with your photo on it will do.

It's probably not a good idea to travel with no ID at all, what with the G20 on at the moment and them all worried about ructions in London. I wouldn't be surprised to see slightly more checks than last time arriving at Holyhead. There's also the short chat with the Police when coming home. Once they see some paperwork, they're happy, it's no big deal.

I am looking for 4 snipers from each side for a special mission at the start of the game on Saturday.

If there is any sniper out there that would like to be considered for this task that will last approximately 1 hour (a wild prediction), then reply to this email stating:

1. Your full name
    2. The side you are playing on.

Only 4 snipers will be selected from each side and the lucky 8 snipers will be notified within the next 24 hours.

Regards,
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

kdouglas wrote: »
    Erm... TA don't appear to have published platoon commander roles, and as far as I remember, there wasn't one. Every section is controlled by Zero

Thwere may not have been one last time, but there is this time - then again, maybe Ian is showing some favour to the Irish by allowing us to have our own platoon commander

Its not "makeyupy"

its the command element within the organisation. as such it moves between the sections and stays within the platoon. its main function is to corridnate and direct the platoon actions in game and make sure we dont run around likea bunch of headless chickens, & Section and platoon commanders are there to lead and by example, sitting in a room with a radio wont fulfill this role. so no need to worry yourself there connor.. you'll get to play with doc quite a bit... :D

Wow now thats precisely why you should have read what i typed.
    Talk about a bad interpertaion of communication.

i said

This "Platoon HQ" is a makeyupy place right?
    i.e you will actually be with your section.

I was only asking if it was a building or a command structure.
    You got that all wrong and then ppl think were bitching when i was merely asking for clarity on the HQ element.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

Ive never heard such pointless back and forward B*%^ing in all my life.
    Not even going to bother to add my cents..
    This is the kind of beaucracy thats going to ruin this weekend..
    Forget Hawks,Ghosts,Aon and Contractors
    We fight for one team and one team only over there...IRELAND!!!!! (Or Azer)

Leave the Brass in the rear to run the show..
    So to all section commanders just switch on get your people in gear and get stuck it from the moment that whistle blows and we will win this.!!

Tbh the whole things a misunderstanding so i took it to pm.
    My apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Yea, defo, travelling outside of the country essential to have.

In your case Richie might be a good idea to bring someone else's ID though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭moggser

i think he has about eleventy twevle i'ds as standard practice where he's from lol

I'm reminded that the formation of any team has four stages: Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing. Unfortunately you can't skip stage 2, which is where we are at the moment.

Sorting things out on a board doesn't help, and in fact is probably the most inefficient and prone to misunderstanding way of doing it. Add some pre-game nerves, and it's an explosive mix. That's the fault of the medium, not the people. Let's all bear that in mind and relax a little.

When we get face to face on Friday and resolve things with a smile and a brew, we'll start Norming, and then we can Perform on Saturday for IRISHPLAT.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

keep reminding each other its just a game and the 'storming' stage should be cut put ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭moggser

to true Puding it is but a game that we are travelling to play along way i might add, we are all on the same side well most any way so why is everyone fighting and a fussin now with each other??? this might make an awkward time on the boat cause thats when we,ll all clap peepers on each other before we get there
    and any unresolved spats here might get brought on to the boat and im holdin no ones coat and chips while they sort it

get a grip lads we are not kids..leave the fights in the play ground and lets get ready

fayer wrote: »
    Yea, defo, travelling outside of the country essential to have.

In your case Richie might be a good idea to bring someone else's ID though :D

ROFL!....

you bastid.

ROFL!....

you bastid.

I heard a rumour that you were bailing? Still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dr_Pepper wrote: »

After the sex-sada he has built he ****ing better not.

And there is some epic mis interpretation going on here, its definitely better to speak in person.

Hopefully all sorted, lets rock n roll gentleman, theres some greenies who need to get a good old licking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hopefully all sorted, lets rock n roll gentleman, theres some greenies who need to get a good old licking :)

You're not licking me .... you wierdo fetish deviant! FFS Doc, always bringing the conversation into the gutter you are :pac:

Dr_Pepper wrote: »

Errr. No such thing, where did you hear that from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

TheDoc wrote: »

I may have been lied to, but that is not the sort of "game" I was expecting.

Ah well, time to re pack.

Checklist:
    1. Spandex catsuit - check
    2. Gimpmask - check
    3. Ball gag - check

OK. I'm good to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Just like to say good luck to you all. Dont care who wins or looses as long as you all have a great time. Im sorry I can not make this one, but ill be with a lot of you in Berget :)

Remember to play fair, we want them all to say, "Those Irish lads are great sports".

Be cool, take care on the trip and get home safely.

Best of luck.

(Up the Armenian's) :D:D:D

I got my m16 working, can i bring it uncle tommy? if we can fit it?

If we can fit it - maybe. I just packed my gear as small as I could. Holy sh1t.

If it is a thing that we cannot fit everything in, and you still want to take the M16, I will consider forsaking the campbed but you have to do the same. I have a roll mat and basha/bivvybag to keep me dry.

Weather forecast. Rain on Saturday morning, then mostly cloudy, light winds, 8 degrees. Not too bad.

At least we're going to be below the cloudbase this time.

I would just like to say "Up the Azer-byjays-ians":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Very best luck and wishes to all the Irish (North and South) heading across. You lucky sods.
    Looking at the list of who's going - it should be mighty crack.:D

Do yourselves and us all proud - it's really not about the winning so just enjoy and play with honour.

But dont come back unless you complete all objectives and win.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yep, just to echo Defenderdude and the Mad Antipodean.....have a blast lads, and show dem furriners how the Irish play Airsoft :)

Advertisement