Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

+1
    Very envious of you guys heading over! Have a great time and do us proud as you rock Sennybridge :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

lucky sods.....

on the plus side i get to play with a catapult tomoro as part of college

on the con side im missing out on what is most likely gna be the most epic weekend of winsoft ever.

lucky sods........

best of luck lads!
    ghosts, bring back war-treasure! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Enjoy it lads, and make us proud. Wish i was going but maybe the next time.:)

And remember play fair and with honour.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Thanks for the props folks.

I'll be twittering from the journey to and from the event (there's no mobile phone signal in sennybridge, let alone GPRS or 3G).

See http://twitter.com/timeline/home#search?q=%23nafianna for the timelines, feel free to use and/or follow #nafianna on the road or from the envious comfort of home, nerds.

All packed, time for bed. Later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Good luck lads, go haul some ass! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

What can i say, Im all packed and ready for what might shape up to be the best Airsoft game I've ever had....

Gentlemen, When we wake up tomorrow we will no longer be the hawks, Ghosts, Contractors, AON etc etc. We will be Team Ireland! This is our chance to put Irish airsoft on the map and to earn the respect of the international players and for a community of only 2 years young, thats a very big thing.

Please try to remember that while you are there, you are representing the team as a whole and that your actions reflect on the team as a whole. Petty Personal or team rivalry's are left at home and everyone should respect the chain of command. We don't need to like it, but we do need to respect it.

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow and over the weekend to everyone making the trip, its gonna be great craic and i cant wait :D

Richie,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Masada wrote: »
    What can i say, Im all packed and ready for what might shape up to be the best Airsoft game I've ever had....

Gentlemen, When we wake up tomorrow we will no longer be the hawks, Ghosts, Contractors, AON etc etc. We will be Team Ireland! This is our chance to put Irish airsoft on the map and to earn the respect of the international players and for a community of only 2 years young, thats a very big thing.

Please try to remember that while you are there, you are representing the team as a whole and that your actions reflect on the team as a whole. Petty Personal or team rivalry's are left at home and everyone should respect the chain of command. We don't need to like it, but we do need to respect it.

Anyway, best of luck tomorrow and over the weekend to everyone making the trip, its gonna be great craic and i cant wait :D

Richie,

+1
    See you on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

And I'll see all of "Team Ireland" down the business end of the '60

Have fun running folks :pac:

And .. errr ... have fun!

And Doc ... no licking ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Although it's been already stated just to chip in with best of luck lads make us proud. Meanwhile the west and the east are going to war in the reckoning II. Looking forward to seeing some good pics frm Phoenix Rising III.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well, typical doc style

Its now 7:40, and I havnt packed a thing, this is kind of much like last years preperations

So this is going to be deadly :D

Thanks for all the praise and good lucks, and thanks to Dave for being ub3r nerdy and going MTV on us so you can follow us on the road.

Hope to bring back a few whopper stories. But I think we are set so far for a good one

Doc with flu, not packed at 7:40, must get to Sodo Swords at 8:00 to get Gerrouts mags, and be back for Fayer to pick me up at 9:00am....

Find out how it all panned out Sunday night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭moggser

Lemming wrote: »
    And Doc ... no licking ok?

i swear to the gods if he try's to lick me during the night i shall
    drag him to you and you can put the business end of the pig
    where ever you like lol

any way best of luck to everyone the weekend stay safe sound and for the love of rice krispies no licking docs not the only one lol
    YOU KNOW WHO YA ARE

see ya'll later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

OzCam wrote: »
    Weather forecast. Rain on Saturday morning, then mostly cloudy, light winds, 8 degrees. Not too bad.

At least we're going to be below the cloudbase this time.

lovely... great day to leave, lets hope it stays like this.

thanks to all the well wishers. i hope to have some nice photos and better tales of awesome epicnes.

and just for the craic...

the_military_sucks_909.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

well i must say , the stena plus lounge here in rosslare is most agreeable - free coffee and muffins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

horgan_p wrote: »
    well i must say , the stena plus lounge here in rosslare is most agreeable - free coffee and muffins :D
    Dun laoghaire looks like a famine ship is leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Just back from the best airsoft/gaming/teamwork experience of my life.
    Thanks to every single one of you who went, you were all......

.. EPIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭moggser

yeah that was amazing alltogether very well played by all and big thanks
    to the Hawks for letting me tag along with ya's for the best ever
    game i ever had

p.s one more thing "take that sling backer ya knacker................medic" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Just home and, tbh, I'm still digesting the last 2 days.

Insane building assaults and desperate last stands...
    Playing pyrotechnic tennis with the Armenians...
    Players frantically dragging their wounded teammates into cover...
    The satisfaction of seeing the last enemy building turn blue on the realtime tac-map...

Thanks to every single member of 2 Platoon for making this an absolutely epic experience.

Was **** the way the game ended at 6pm though on Saturday wasnt it

;)

And on a serious note.

Obviously my first major thanks goes out to Ian who organised another fantastic game of airsoft that is simply THE BEST embassador for airsoft around these waters as to how the game is ment to be played. Ian went out of his way to take time from his busy schedule to come pay us a visit in our building the night before the game so a huge thanks to Ian and his staff.

Secondly I would obviously like to thank every man and child(mouse) for their company,laughs,abuse and downright impeccable play during the weekend. I can safely say this country received superb representation from our players on the Azerbajan side, cannot say the same for Lemming and the Cork boys, because they got pwned :)

I'd also like to extend some personal thanks to Johnny,Conor,Dar,Gar and Neil who were extremely helpful in a number of circumstances whilst I was fulfilling my Plt Sgt duties, it was really the first time I'd done such a task and although I have to admit I was not happy with my performance, there was great help at hand and I definitely learned a lot.

There will be stories going for weeks about this one. But once again, a skillful, honourable hard fighting Irish group were at the forefront of the war, and were the pivot in ending the conflict at 6pm on Saturday :D.

I'm definitely feeling the effects now, I really should have taken it easy over there in my state, but the prospect of storming buildings, jumping fences, jumping in and out of windows to link with other platoons, doing "Spears link ups" and the sort, I couldn't resist.

Thank you one and all for making it the best airsoft trip I've been on.

Gerrout for me had the best quote of the weekend

"**** lads, Ian is probably up there fuming we ruined the game and finished it this early, but then he will be ****ing rubbing his hands at the thought of commanding us in Sweden"

Buzzword for PR3

Slingbackers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Well, at least Richie might get to look down the barrel of the Pig when he's fixing it.

PR2 changed Airsoft for me, totally. This is despite it being in november, baltic, psising rain, and running around with haf a squad and no comms from 1IC.

PR3 was like PR2, except with fine weather and a lot more people I know to be good players. Even the fact that I gerrouted 2 guns couldn't spoil it for me.

'Epic' doesn't even come close to covering it.

• Advertisement

Just back now after Stenaline completely f*cked us over. Made it for the ferry crossing at 20.30, booked in and all, and notified the girl at check in that we were carrying RIFs and she said to go pull in to the police ...

... meanwhile nobody's bothered to tell the load-master that there's a car checked in and unaccounted for because it's doing a police check. We get out for 20.15 to discover that the boat is closed up and gone, which is funny since it was only meant to leave at 20.30. Cvnts.

Anyway, cracker of a game and a big thank you to Ian & co. for taking the time and effort of organising it, and a thank you to everyone who played. Was a lot of fun if Armenian command & communication structure broke down badly in my opinion around lunchtime before reasserting itself in the early evening of Saturday.

As for the moany complaints about "how the game ended" at 6pm, it didn't actually ... but I'll await more officious posts on the TA events forum before I actually elaborate on that one. Indeed, I could counter the moany complaints with equally moany complaints about something that happened just prior to a ceasefire being called earlier during the day which badly affected Armenian ability to play, but I wont because it will serve absolutely no purpose except to engage in a p*ssing contest on the internet.

The '60 suffered its first malfunction (in the year and a half I've owned it) with what looks like a locked gearbox. So I was down to pistol only making ammo runs at night-time as and when requests came in to Armenian HQ. Come Sunday morning I volunteered to be a marshal and spent mixed time between Armenian HQ handling respawns and supervising play in the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

one word....

AIRSTRIKES... when you absolutly, positivelyhave to spank the **** out of every motherf**ker in a building....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lemming wrote: »

The '60 suffered its first malfunction (in the year and a half I've owned it) with what looks like a locked gearbox. So I was down to pistol only making ammo runs at night-time as and when requests came in to Armenian HQ. Come Sunday morning I volunteered to be a marshal and spent mixed time between Armenian HQ handling respawns and supervising play in the field.

So you were right then...
    I will be staring down the barrel of the 60 huh...

:D

Should have dropped over to our side with it though, those are handy enough to unjam and it would be sh1te to be down to a slingbacker for the entire game.

Masada wrote: »
    So you were right then...
    I will be staring down the barrel of the 60 huh...

:D

Should have dropped over to our side with it though, those are handy enough to unjam and it would be sh1te to be down to a slingbacker for the entire game.

As much as a pain in the arse it was, ammo runs were entertaining considering I was running around in the dark with no light (I lost it, only for Puding to hand it back to me on Sunday .. legend that he is), and ran the gauntlet of enemy occupied buildings and at times poor intel on my objective.

e.g. Ammo run for building 23. As it turns out, was for 11 preparing to storm 23. So I run my arse off to building 23 and make it unmolested carrying molle pouches of mags, bags of ammo, and my pistol - ready to dispense firey BB death.

Shouting up to the window since there's a greenie standing outside the back wall that I'm the ammo run for building 23 only to be told back by a voice inside the window to go to "1-1". But hang on a sec ... I'm in section 1-1 and they're over the far side of the site. Unless .. oh wai .. ****!! RUN!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Sounds like you guys had an amazing time. Getting over to one of Ian's events is high on my to-do list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Seriously good fun had by all at the weekend. The Irish contingent showed out very well in my opinion. Well done and thanks to everyone for making it a really fun but intense weekend.

As section medic, I didn't get to breach any of the buildings (roll on August) but when there was a firefight it was everyone to the ready and open fire. We were spread out, at times, with other sections but always managed to get together for the big pushes.

Night games with parachute flares, burning vehicles, pyro going in through windows just looked amazing.

A big thank you to Ian and his staff for the organisation and execution of an excellent event.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Great to hear every one had a great time, i was going to go, but 6 hours down in a van, didnt sound like fun, so i bailed, nick and i, made some generation 3 pyro's on thursday,
    just wondering did any one get to use them, and what you you think of them, as i was going to put an order in this week for some.

Paul.

hrta wrote: »
    Great to hear every one had a great time, i was going to go, but 6 hours down in a van, didnt sound like fun, so i bailed, nick and i, made some generation 3 pyro's on thursday,
    just wondering did any one get to use them, and what you you think of them, as i was going to put an order in this week for some.

Paul.

They are win :) Theres something satisfying about running towards a building with nade in hand, then just letting the spoon fly off and launching a small joy of death on the enemy.

And lemming the 6pm thing isnt moaning :) Its a sarcastic joke on your expense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Glad to hear all of you had a good time, cant wait to attend one of these events.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

TheDoc wrote: »
    They are win :) Theres something satisfying about running towards a building with nade in hand, then just letting the spoon fly off and launching a small joy of death on the enemy.

And lemming the 6pm thing isnt moaning :) Its a sarcastic joke on your expense :)

So the price is alright, for the, flashbangs and the new smokes.

Advertisement