Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Ill retract my previous protest about putting it on the roof, fair play for getting it up there, looked the biz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

BioHazRd wrote: »
    i wasnt having a go at you richie about the flag but rather the fact that it was originally a ball of material on the roof. I was proud as punch when it was then mounted on a pole and remained there for the rest of the game. I hope it stayed there - i would dearly love to see some squaddies face when he returned to work to see that :) (no offence to mod staff - its a cracking site)
    kdouglas wrote: »
    Ill retract my previous protest about putting it on the roof, fair play for getting it up there, looked the biz.

Sorry lads, it wasn't either of you i was referring to, I actually respected the fact that you two spoke to my face about it so my apologies if you felt that was aimed at you. it was someone else who was quite backstabbing about it in a very conniving snipey bastid way which i wont go into. at the end of the day im quite proud to see it flying up there as it was. :).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It looked awesome once the wind took it, and was flowing majestically, much like ourselves.

And I think fair do's should go the man for bothering his arse climbing up there to shine it high and mighty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

My hat however goes off to the crazy dutch dancing whilst under fire, and the truly awesome Irish who seemed to be the only people on our side who A) had an actual plan, cool.gif had the command ability to carry it off. Once we got an airstrike on the saturday morning on 15, most of the village fell like dominos!

a quote from the TA Events forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 |I.R|PaddyPower

Well the only thing that had me nervous about the Irish flag flying was what would happen if anyone tried to burn,break,take it down, as I said to the Ghosts Doc First english git to even think it gets a M16 rifle butt to the face.

It Really Made me Proud to see it flying anyone who thinks otherwise can feel free to bring their complaint to the department of rifle butt in face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Well the only thing that had me nervous about the Irish flag flying was what would happen if anyone tried to burn,break,take it down, as I said to the Ghosts Doc First english git to even think it gets a M16 rifle butt to the face.

It Really Made me Proud to see it flying anyone who thinks otherwise can feel free to bring their complaint to the department of rifle butt in face.

As much as most airsofters from the UK would have considered the flag flying a non-entity (i.e. "oh cool, look at that .. an Irish/French/American/Whatever flag flying. Looks good it does flying like that"), British airsofters are members of, and do read, this forum so I would point out that a measure of decorum rather than suggesting contempt or insult might be in order? We were welcomed openly by all at the event and I see no reason given our reception that anyone would have wanted to defile the flag.

Sorry to the mods if it feels like I'm backseat moderating, but seeing attitudes of "the old enemy" make me whince.

my thoughts exactly lemming, anyone who would do that to the flag would deserve the bigoted reputation that comes with it, same goes for any of the irish lads.

tis all a bit off topic though and seeing as it didnt actually happen, theres no point rebating it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

First english git to even think it gets a M16 rifle butt to the face.

Hardly the attitude and behaviour expected of a guest, is it?

Oh, and by the way, we've had nothing but compliments from the English. Let's keep it like that.

His post was funny as **** though in fairness

TheDoc wrote: »
    His post was funny as **** though in fairness

Yes it was, but that's missing the point. Not everyone gets the joke. This is a public forum and lots of non-airsofters read it.

There's no need to be aggressive or insulting. Everyone we met all weekend - English, Scots, Welsh, French, Dutch, Belgians, Scousers, Mancs, Geordies, Cockneys, Brummies and on and on - were as nice as pie to us. The only people who caused us grief were Stena Line. There's a time and a place for insults, this isn't it.

I swear to God, some of the people on this board show all the developmental progress of an overactive three year old sometimes.

• Advertisement

As has already been pointed out, this didnt even happen, so theres no point in debating it. the post my have been sarcastic, (maybe not to your taste, but possibly sarcastic) so you are as guilty of over reactionary response as anyone else.

Anyone remember that yokey we went to where we shoot balls at foreign people?... oh err, i think it was called airsoft and there was a ship involved in there somewhere? ahh yeah, i remember now. twas the original topic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Settle folks. The point of my post was not to start attacking people but to remind everyone that
    • We are not the only ones who read and/or post on this airsoft forum
    • Show some decorum towards our neighbours who have to date been othing but welcoming and supportive
    • airsoft is a game that I have found to stretch across nationalities and demographics and to be without bigotry or racial/religions/political bias to date, and I'd like for it to continue like that

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say and I'd rather end PR3 on a high than some internet argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭moggser

well said
    i dont want the highlight of my softing days spoiled by some of you brats fighting now when its over jaysus was bad enough watchin it happin before
    we went ffs put your toys back in the pram and get on with it

what your fightin about didn happin so grow up

Good man lemming.,

so, does anyone know if theres anymore videos or photo's availible? dying to see some more of the action., :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

OzCam wrote: »
    There's no need to be aggressive or insulting. Everyone we met all weekend - English, Scots, Welsh, French, Dutch, Belgians, Scousers, Mancs, Geordies, Cockneys, Bummies and on and on - were as nice as pie to us. quote]

I don't know where you were regenning:D but I do suspect you meant Brummies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭moggser

whaaa haa haa haa how'd i not see that this mornin
    i think where oz was regening it was the tent that the bumming was goin on each to there own i suppose different type of game i figure

would explain why didn see much off him the weekend

diceman7 can you explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

Howdi,

Im thinking of putting together a montage of photos/clips once i get all my stuff together and the official photos go up on the net from FRAGHARRIS.

Ive put together a short clip which features a number of pics/clips already on the net. Most of this material (Pics/clips) was captured by memebers of this board. So before I post it on the web as a brief taster does anyone mind any of their material being taking for this purpose...
    It contains mostly material of the HAWKS.

Think most will enjoy this... and eventually the finished product.:):)

Cant wait to see Corporal Badass

(your new nick btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

TheDoc wrote: »
    Cant wait to see Corporal Badass

(your new nick btw)

Thats not what we called him over there - and for the fact that this is a family show, i aint tellin you what it was :p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

Just a small sample on what im planning...
    Have to love 1:28 when the airstrike drops on building 15 and Ritchie goes off like a madman to storm the building

"What the F%^& were you doing standing in the doorway....BOOOOOMM!!!!!!"

GO GO GO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMrOl04X4I

• Advertisement

cplcummins wrote: »
    Just a small sample on what im planning...
    Have to love 1:28 when the airstrike drops on building 15 and Ritchie goes off like a madman to storm the building

"What the F%^& were you doing standing in the doorway....BOOOOOMM!!!!!!"

GO GO GO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMrOl04X4I

No objections to using any of my stuff man. :)

as for the video, it wont load for me on this pi$$ poor connection but i have a feeling i know what its gonna be. rofl :D
    there was some c onfusion as to which building was actually going to be hit so i couldnt really be sure, but as soon as it was hit i said, "ahh feck it, lets get aggressive and take this village". :D

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    I don't know where you were regenning:D but I do suspect you meant Brummies

Same place as the rest of you. But I did, thanks Tommy. Fixed it.

Sweden may be a different matter ;)

Also, I want to put it on record that although I disagree with Richie occasionally on specific issues, he played a blinder over the weekend. Especially spotting that Greenie sneaking into the basement of 16.

Someone left behind a black cleaning rod in building 6, near where DOC was sleeping. Whoever it belongs to can PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

moggser wrote: »
    whaaa haa haa haa how'd i not see that this mornin
    i think where oz was regening it was the tent that the bumming was goin on each to there own i suppose different type of game i figure

would explain why didn see much off him the weekend

diceman7 can you explain?
    i knew i should'nt have taken that coffee from lemming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

http://www.fragphotos.com/

all the photos are up, some great shots of the ghost/hawks, you guys got some great coverage on the first day

Advertisement