Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

There should be a few ghosts going to this one....
    ... maybe even a contractor or two...

now the hard choice, what to wear???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

There should be a few ghosts going to this one....
    ... maybe even a contractor or two...

now the hard choice, what to wear???

If youse wear the ACU, you're more than welcome to try to keep up with the Hawks on the Azerbaijan side :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm going Pr3

Cant take the bailing comments any longer. I'm there, count me in.

Granted i get the time of work, im going and will dominate again.

Ghosties, rock it with the ACU... we can have epic times :)

with enough people going we know, we can form our own ten man unit, which would be pretty sweet in fairness.

Alpha 4-1 back in business

I'm going Pr3

Cant take the bailing comments any longer. I'm there, count me in.

Granted i get the time of work, im going and will dominate again.

Ghosties, rock it with the ACU... we can have epic times :)

Easy on the fraternisation there DOC, remember they're still the ghosts. The GHOSTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

10 more targets for me! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

gerrowadat wrote: »
    If youse wear the ACU, you're more than welcome to try to keep up with the Hawks on the Azerbaijan side :-P

There's just one teeny weeny snag with wearing ACU: it's Sennybridge. They'll stand out like a lit Christmas tree.

Oh, wait, they can distract the opposition and take the first hits. Ingenious plan there, Gerrout. Just have to make sure the rest of us stand behind the Ghosts. ;)

They will be in front alright

Because they are more educated on breaching and assault and do a hell of alot more work and training then us.

So lets be reasonable here, by right we should well be cannon fodder.

They will be in front alright

Because they are more educated on breacking and assault and do a hell of alot more work and training then us.

So lets be reasonable here, by right we should well be cannon fodder.

Guys.

I'd like to get a cemented list of confirmed players, who are definitely going to attend the event in april.

The reason for this, is that when we submit our booking, we can arrange to be placed into the same sections/platoons. Obviously its grealt beneficial to be with people you know.

I'm sure Ian ( organiser) will have no problem matching us up into the same sections.

After we get a cemented list. It would be wise to start diving up into the certain sections/platoons. The reason for this, is that platoon leaders get briefings before the start of the game, to which they pass to the men.

It would be wise that all our sections have officers in place upon arrival, so there is not mixups or bad last minute appointments.
    It would then also be advisable to select a number of other officers/ ranks. Reason for this being, as happend with me , if the section leader gets a hit, you can be out of the game for up to 20 minutes, if not longer. Also its handy to throw orders,objectives etc to squad leaders and know its all in good hands.

So i propose, get a list sorted.

Then disect the list into equally balanced squads.

Select a number of officers and people to run the sections and platoons. Also second in commands

Then assign these people to the various groups.

Not only does it save time, its obviously helpful to have this **** sorted first.

Also, for example

7 Ghost + 3 hawks = 1 section

3 other players left in the cold. This means they can be thrown into any other squad, and may not be with other boards members, which i personally wouldnt mind, but some may want to be with their lads in battle. So this way we can pre arrange to have evenly spread numbers.

Just an idea, open for debate, but i think it wise to get **** sorted sooner rather then later.

Now would be a good time to run your own logistics, and make a decision " yes im definitely going" Then start getting gear together to be ready ( sleeping bags, rasied beds etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yes i'm definitely going :)

Booking opens on 2nd Feb according to the website.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I'm there., but i wont be able to book me ticket until i get back., is this event expected to be a sell out like berget ya think?

Definitely going. Richie, if you want me to bok you in you can sort me out when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

kdouglas wrote: »
    Booking opens on 2nd Feb according to the website.

"The current plan is to have the booking system open for Thursday 29 January. This may be slightly delayed if we have not received a booking confirmation from the MOD by that point."

Do I have out of date information?
    I got it from the Community Section -> Common Questions and Answers -> When does booking start?

And I'll be going to this, I would like to be in a squad with fellow boards members as it will be my first event. I have US Woodland and ACU BDU's are next on my "To Get" list so I can be on either team.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I have US Woodland and ACU BDU's are next on my "To Get" list so I can be on either team.

It goes without saying that I'm going. US Woodland will put you on the Armenian side, like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i will be going, looking to go for the Armenian side like lemming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I am a definite. Should have my Multicam sorted in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Tommy in MultiCam!! OMG!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I'm very interested in going, can anyone who's been give a rough estimate of the total cost of the weekend though?

I'd like to get an idea of A) the total cost for someone driving over

and

B) the total cost for someone scrounging a lift but splitting petrol/ferry costs with a driver and possible other passengers.

I'm pretty hard up at the moment and I don't want to say I'll definately go only to find that it's beyond my budget.

If I do go I'll be on the Armenian side popping bbs in all your smelly Azerbajanian asses.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    I'm very interested in going, can anyone who's been give a rough estimate of the total cost of the weekend though?

I'd like to get an idea of A) the total cost for someone driving over

I'm driving over to Coventry in two weeks time to get kicked up one end of a field and down the other by Stirling Airsoft and the cost for two people plus car on the ferry is €324 (Stena line).

The figures can fluctuate obviously depending on the time of sailing, day, etc.

B) the total cost for someone scrounging a lift but splitting petrol/ferry costs with a driver and possible other passengers.

See above, and factor in a 3 and a half hour drive. On a 1.4 lt engine I can get upto Predator from Dublin (roughly 2 hours drive) on around half a tank (approx. €37 to do a near full tank-fill) with one person plus a load of crap in the boot (or two people in the back :p )

So splitting the ferry costs + petrol, including event ticket price, food + Pyros. You're looking at around €350 - €400 all told.

Hmmm, I might be able to do it. But I'm not going to know until mid-Feb. Hopefully there's still tickets left at that stage. I really don't want to miss this one.

• Advertisement

Spetzcong wrote: »
    So splitting the ferry costs + petrol, including event ticket price, food + Pyros. You're looking at around €350 - €400 all told.

Hmmm, I might be able to do it. But I'm not going to know until mid-Feb. Hopefully there's still tickets left at that stage. I really don't want to miss this one.

Less than that probably. I'll work the figures off the following criteria/assumptions (alter as required):
    • 1.4 lt hatchback (Ford Focus)
    • 1 driver
    • 2 Passengers *
    • Ferry costs of €320 (return)
    • Approximately €40 to completely fill the tank

€324 / 3 is just roughly €110 per person (I'm keeping to rounded figures for ease here)
    €85 per person for event ticket.

Total of €200 (roughly) per person for event & ferry.

For fuel costs, that's about €20/30 per person although mileage (pun intended) may vary.

So, bare minimum that's roughly €230 per person, which will get you there and back, and in the door of the event. After that, it's your call what you want to spend money on.

* 2 passengers to take into account boot and 3rd passenger space taken up with kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Lemming wrote: »

snip>
    So, bare minimum that's roughly €230 per person, which will get you there and back, and in the door of the event. After that, it's your call what you want to spend money on.

been looking at it too and just wondering what you do for accomodation on the Friday night? I assume all just head home on the Sunday after the event (as opposed to staying another night...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Dont forget to factor in food costs of course :)

And you'll want at least £30-40 for pyro if you can afford it, definitely worth it, I only had £20 to spend on pyro last time and so was very hesitant about using my limited supply, I'll be buying alot more next time :)

been looking at it too and just wondering what you do for accomodation on the Friday night? I assume all just head home on the Sunday after the event (as opposed to staying another night...)

Friday night we slept in the buildings on site... Assume it's the same again. As previous though, you'll want a raised camping bed to sleep on if you can manage it, the buildings get very wet inside very easily (granted the weather should be at least marginally better in april though), alternatively you can bring a tent or sleep in your car.

As regards Sunday, yea, just head home, unless you want to book a B&B somewhere and stay the night (which if you have monday off work,might not be a bad idea if a group did it, head out for a few drinks Sunday evening, after a trip to the B&B for a shower etc... :))

This is sounding more affordable by the minute.

I'm gonna take a leap here and put myself down as a definate.

The expensive part is the ferry, I'm till shocked at how much it costs :)

Realisticly everyone should be pooling people in cars.

Preferably two drivers in a car to rotate ( its a hefty drive)

Your looking at roughly

€90 ticket
    €150 ferry

So thats €240

Give yourself €60 for in game stuff ( burgers, coffe, pyros)

€300 euro.

Remember with you in your pack you should have food and water.

Located in a town before you come to the site, is a massive lidl, where you can stock up on water, booze and red bull pretty dirt cheap. We also got epic chinese there.

do remember to factor in equipment you need for the event. Warm clothing, waterproofs all that ****.

Then again, i did it in regular bdus and thermals, in the pissing rain.

I'd say €400 is a bit inflated and exagerated, but if you can bring that much your definatly safe.

€300 should be enough id reckon, then again ferry prices are a rip and change all the time.

The expensive part is the ferry, I'm till shocked at how much it costs :)

I'm very shocked at the price as well. I went to an industrial club in London last Halloween and it only cost me €55 return. And that included the coach to the port from town and the eight hour coach up to London.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I'm very shocked at the price as well. I went to an industrial club in London last Halloween and it only cost me €55 return. And that included the coach to the port from town and the eight hour coach up to London.

You can't really compare a coach to a car since a) they're doing it frequently and are bound to have favourable business rates, b) VAT tax-back for coaches and c) €55 times how many people on the bus?

You can't really compare a coach to a car since a) they're doing it frequently and are bound to have favourable business rates, b) VAT tax-back for coaches and c) €55 times how many people on the bus?

Oh yeah...It seems so obvious now :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

OzCam wrote: »
    Tommy in MultiCam!! OMG!! :eek:

Have to get it for the team loadout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Is there anyone other then me and puding going for the Armenia side?

Advertisement