Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

+1

so far there is 5 definites going and 2 should be's

As it stands we've started training for this already (More of an excuse really) and all those going to PR3 are welcome to tag along.

Guys.

I'd like to get a cemented list of confirmed players, who are definitely going to attend the event in april.

The reason for this, is that when we submit our booking, we can arrange to be placed into the same sections/platoons. Obviously its grealt beneficial to be with people you know.

I'm sure Ian ( organiser) will have no problem matching us up into the same sections.

After we get a cemented list. It would be wise to start diving up into the certain sections/platoons. The reason for this, is that platoon leaders get briefings before the start of the game, to which they pass to the men.

It would be wise that all our sections have officers in place upon arrival, so there is not mixups or bad last minute appointments.
    It would then also be advisable to select a number of other officers/ ranks. Reason for this being, as happend with me , if the section leader gets a hit, you can be out of the game for up to 20 minutes, if not longer. Also its handy to throw orders,objectives etc to squad leaders and know its all in good hands.

So i propose, get a list sorted.

Then disect the list into equally balanced squads.

Select a number of officers and people to run the sections and platoons. Also second in commands

Then assign these people to the various groups.

Not only does it save time, its obviously helpful to have this **** sorted first.

Also, for example

7 Ghost + 3 hawks = 1 section

3 other players left in the cold. This means they can be thrown into any other squad, and may not be with other boards members, which i personally wouldnt mind, but some may want to be with their lads in battle. So this way we can pre arrange to have evenly spread numbers.

Just an idea, open for debate, but i think it wise to get **** sorted sooner rather then later.

Now would be a good time to run your own logistics, and make a decision " yes im definitely going" Then start getting gear together to be ready ( sleeping bags, rasied beds etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i always get confused with the teams?

Easier to say Green or Tan

If your green, i look foward to killing you, and no matter how many AK's puding brings with him it wont spare him from the armalite pain

( although i could have my VN loadout very soon, so might go green team oooooo)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

If your green, i look foward to killing you, and no matter how many AK's puding brings with him it wont spare him from the armalite pain

If you're tan, I look forward to riddlin' you. And riddled you will get (and you all know it) :pac:

Hunter1100 wrote: »
    Is there anyone other then me and puding going for the Armenia side?

Umm, me?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

I am definitely going missed last year when they changed the dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there should be at least one or two more going from cork hopefully

Might take you up on that Ghosty if the dates suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Ill be doing my best to get to this one ;) so that will make 3 from Cork.
    Still got to run it by the BOSS (woman) But if I give her just as much cash as it will cost me, it will be ok (I think??) :D

With only 200 players, will tickets sell fast??
    How quick did they go last time?

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    Ill be doing my best to get to this one ;) so that will make 3 from Cork.
    Still got to run it by the BOSS (woman) But if I give her just as much cash as it will cost me, it will be ok (I think??) :D

I think they sold quick enough, its pivotal to actually get yourself all on the one section.

I dont know if ASI are doing a group booking this time, im just doing it on my own like last time, and you can name people you want to be with in your section.

I believe they sold steady enough, but there was places left for the event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The last one didn't sell out because the date and venue moved, because it was coming up to Christmas, and because of the anticipated weather. Those don't apply this time; it's the first of the year and a lot of people who missed PR2 will want to attend so I reckon this one will sell out soon enough. Don't panic though, it doesn't happen overnight, and there's always some returned or unpaid tickets available for a short while.

The important thing is to get your booking in and your name down. Worry about paying for it afterwards. It's helpful to do a group booking, but not essential.

Note that our beloved Jellybean is not on the list of approved camouflages, being neither green enough for one side nor tan enough for the other :(

• Advertisement

(QUOTE)
    Note that our beloved Jellybean is not on the list of approved camouflages, being neither green enough for one side nor tan enough for the other.

Yea I know, :( but I have some Brittish DPM that I have never used.
    So ill go green for this one :)

Feal sorry for the lads in ACU. :D

Best bring the RPK for this one, Pudding!
    :D

Just to clarify, ACU (Universal (yeah, right) Camouflage Pattern) is allowed on the Desert/Tan side.

Azerbaijan: Desert DPM, Multicam or ACU
    Armenia: Green DPM, such as British DPM or US Woodlands, Flectarn or O/D clothing

The restriction is that the uniform must be instantly recognisable as one side or the other. Jellybean and some of the Russian tropical camos fall between two stools. You can also wear some black (a vest, for example) on the green side.

I just mentioned this in case anyone thought that ACU was not allowed. You can still feel sorry for them being BB magnets, although it sort of works at twilight.

(although it sort of works at twilight.)
    Haha, gives us about half an hour to worry about em :D:D
    (just making fun) :)

Cant wait, this is a perfict warm up to Berget ;)

I dont know if ASI are doing a group booking this time, im just doing it on my own like last time, and you can name people you want to be with in your section.

unfortunately I don't think there'll be many traveling from ASI this time around since the dates clash with an event being run up in Northern Ireland.

last i read the limit was 250 so that should help :)

250 people i assume you mean :P Fps there a little higher

If anyone is going with a sniper rifle, you can have up to 550fps as far as I'm aware. Really somethnig we missed last time I feel.

Well I've settled on going Multicam for definite.

I'll be at the warehouse tomorrow where ill be having a chat with the ghosts. ( whom shuld be there) They will just want a little bit of info of me, but its a good way to exchange informaiton and ideas, and I'll mail the rest of multicam attendees who might not be present ( ozcam,fayer,gerrout,mcguivar etc) with what was discussed.

It would be advisable for you Greeny scum :P to have a chat among yourself and get your section ( 10 men to a section, 3 sections to a platoon) sorted. If you get your nubmers early you can mail Ta and request you all be allocated together.

Also it would be an idea to start asking questions you have about the game type, the play area, requirements, supplies etc.

Although you WILL be getting dominated by my beautiful m16, I do not see why us irish folks can't all help each other.

We should also come up with a forfeit should boardsies from one side kill boardsies from another.

:P

It would be advisable for you Greeny scum :P to have a chat among yourself...

Hostage to Fortune = Silly. Never motivate your opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

(QUOTE)

Ah its ok rob, we've got use to the idea of having to pay a lot of money and travel a some distance just to kick your ass and look good in the process :)

For those who doubt ACU remember that its an mainly Urban/desert uniform but works anywhere (your opinion wont change this, so dont bother) and since its an URBAN setting, woodland wont help you blend in to a building lads.... and sure as sh1te wont help you when the ghosts come a knocking with some pyro. you can take my word on this.... ive done some FIBUA training and can tell you without a doubt that i can wear pink and still whoop ass six ways from sunday

my only regret is that i have to face the pig! Lemming, i wont take lightly to returning fire at such a beautifull device but some things must be done for the greater good! i hope you understand!

my only regret is that i have to face the pig! Lemming, i wont take lightly to returning fire at such a beautifull device but some things must be done for the greater good! i hope you understand!

Don't worry about it. Heavy trigger fingers are a curse. I'm sure you'll understand too ;)

• Advertisement

Ah its ok rob, we've got use to the idea of having to pay a lot of money and travel a some distance just to kick your ass and look good in the process :)

For those who doubt ACU remember that its an mainly Urban/desert uniform but works anywhere (your opinion wont change this, so dont bother) and since its an URBAN setting, woodland wont help you blend in to a building lads.... and sure as sh1te wont help you when the ghosts come a knocking with some pyro. you can take my word on this.... ive done some FIBUA training and can tell you without a doubt that i can wear pink and still whoop ass six ways from sunday

Well said :D:D
    And in good sportsmanship, I wish you all the best, and look forward to playing with, and against you all.
    This is guna be great.

Sorry Ghostie, if you think ACU's gonna work in Sennybridge, you're in for a big disappointment.

See also. Copehill Down looks just like Celieni village, just bigger. Same environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

OzCam wrote: »
    Sorry Ghostie, if you think ACU's gonna work in Sennybridge, you're in for a big disappointment.

See also. Copehill Down looks just like Celieni village, just bigger. Same environment.

I don't think ACU is the best camo out there, but I'd rather be wearing ACU then British DPM to be honest :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

still though i believe better to take ur enemy on with him seeing u but aslong as u shoot first, :D

bit off topic but is it me or doe sthe reproduction acu seem a lot lighter, from my experience its biggest disadvantage is it reflects a lot of light, we the copy's anyway, where as the real versions seem to be a nice matt darker grey that seems to be far more effective in urban/mountain enviroments

anyway back on topic,

Theres was a squad of guys in acu last year, granted they were on a lot of woodland missions, when they were around buildings they blended in well enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ACU,
    acuatwand.jpg

Multicam FTW!
    multicamwand.jpg

mclaubnw8.jpg

:D

Richie, will ya feck off and enjoy your holiday, or go to sleep, or take your mot out to dinner or something.

Richie, will ya feck off and enjoy your holiday, or go to sleep, or take your mot out to dinner or something.

its moth, and you dont have the accent to pull it off :P

Anyways it wont matter, we will be so busy kicking ass, we will be kicking people out buildings leeft right and centre.

Ill want my bolognaise, and not in the woods and rain, so building occupiers wont have a chance

• Advertisement

<sigh>

http://www.hiberno-english.com/archive.php

Mot
    // n. a girl, a female companion; 'the mot', the female in one's life, 'the little one' < E dial. n. mot, an atom. fig. (suggesting something precious, the object of great affection, etc.) a small creature (e.g., 'a mot of a lamb', a little lamb); the connection with Irish 'maith', n. and adj. seems unlikely. 'She's my mot; what do you think of her?', 'Along we went, me, the mot, and the mot's mother', 'Tell me now: Is Michael motting', = Does Michael have a regular girl-friend? (colloquially invented forms such as motting are a feature of HE).

Advertisement