Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

OzCam wrote: »
    <sigh>

http://www.hiberno-english.com/archive.php

Mot
    // n. a girl, a female companion; 'the mot', the female in one's life, 'the little one' < E dial. n. mot, an atom. fig. (suggesting something precious, the object of great affection, etc.) a small creature (e.g., 'a mot of a lamb', a little lamb); the connection with Irish 'maith', n. and adj. seems unlikely. 'She's my mot; what do you think of her?', 'Along we went, me, the mot, and the mot's mother', 'Tell me now: Is Michael motting', = Does Michael have a regular girl-friend? (colloquially invented forms such as motting are a feature of HE).

Touche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

<sigh>

http://www.hiberno-english.com/archive.php

Mot
    // n. a girl, a female companion; 'the mot', the female in one's life, 'the little one' < E dial. n. mot, an atom. fig. (suggesting something precious, the object of great affection, etc.) a small creature (e.g., 'a mot of a lamb', a little lamb); the connection with Irish 'maith', n. and adj. seems unlikely. 'She's my mot; what do you think of her?', 'Along we went, me, the mot, and the mot's mother', 'Tell me now: Is Michael motting', = Does Michael have a regular girl-friend? (colloquially invented forms such as motting are a feature of HE).

He was right about the accent though :)

And calling someone a mot isnt some of precious affection.

Its identifying the two legged thing that you go to get your rocks off now and again and know it will make its own way home afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Shiva wrote: »
    He was right about the accent though :)

Maybe so, I've lived and worked in a lot of different places, and had to make myself understood to many people for whom neither English nor Dublinese was their first language. But I've been using that word as a term of affection for more years than I care to remember.

I also use honey and sweetie from time to time, depending on circumstances ;)

Can we get back on topic please?

The two most likely opening scenarios for PR3 are a) reversal of PR2 with the Greens occupying the village and the Dessies approaching from the woods, and b) both sides starting from opposite ends of the village and advancing towards the centre.

In either of those scenarios, camouflage will be of very little benefit, if any. As usual, it'll be decided by tactics and teamwork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

b) both sides starting from opposite ends of the village and advancing towards the centre.

Definately much warmer.

Both army units have sent out forward attachments to start scouting during the evening before the rest of their units arrive. In the dark of night both forces slip past each other and consequenlty both forces have a number of sniper positions deployed around the village.

This will make the occupation of the town slow and treacherous for both units.

hehehe....it was never going to be easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Definately much warmer.

Both army units have sent out forward attachments to start scouting during the evening before the rest of their units arrive. In the dark of night both forces slip past each other and consequenlty both forces have a number of sniper positions deployed around the village.

:D im grinning grinning a lot, sounding better and better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

wormbyte wrote: »
    Definately much warmer.

Man that sounds like a dream I HATE that I'm going :'(

wormbyte wrote: »
    In the dark of night both forces slip past each other and consequently both forces have a number of sniper positions deployed around the village.

Ha! Flushed you out Ian, you lurker.

I've been telling them all along that's how snipers are supposed to work :)

There seems to be some confusion among some people about the event now.

I'm being told its not really attackers and defenders, its both teams fighting for the towns control.

Therefore really, making camo type irrelevant. Is this true?

If so, it may be the case we can fit out a full boards platoon in woodland colours.

I kinda want to know before i book my side.

• Advertisement

Any information about the scenario in the past has been pure assumption. It has never been said that it is a attack/defence game.

Camo types are as relevant as ever because they enable you to establish who is friend and who is foe.

Azerbaijan: Desert DPM, Multicam or ACU
    Armenia: Green DPM, such as British DPM or US Woodlands, Flectarn or O/D clothing

:)

thank you for taking the time to post wormbyte, with camo i take it Russian camo will be fine for Armenia e.g flora or partizan ?

No problem mate.

As for the camo, flora is ok but partizan is stepping a little bit too far away from the desired look.

thought as much :) , i had an idea partizan might be a bit to light for the look, flora it is then :)

Be aware that booking is due to go live today at some stage.

So please keep an eye on the TA website.

It has been confirmed to me that The Ghosts and Hawks will be attending the event using ACU and multicam respectively. Confirmed numbers are roughly 15. Would be great to get an all irish platoon.

I'm hoping to place a group booking today for the following people.
    KDouglas
    Vtec
    Gerrowat
    Fayer
    Dr.Pepper
    Dar
    Tommy

Could all please send me the following information required for the booking.

Name
    Email Address

If you do go ahead and book by yourself and are one of the above named people, you can email TA events and request to be placed alongside the rest of the team. Similarly if you are planning to go alone or with another and wish to be with irish players, I'm sure there is no problem requesting to be placed with us in the section/platoon.

?

?

its pretty self explanatory

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Where is this event taking place?

Wales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Where is this event taking place?

The Exact location has yet to be confirmed.

DOC, details sent by PM.

• Advertisement

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    The Exact location has yet to be confirmed.

DOC, details sent by PM.

Thanks pepps

Yeah should be noted it is a mod base so should it be required for official military usage, they get priority.

Sounds like it could be really good, how much is it and when? Or do you guys know that yet?

shoot back through the thread here and you should get all the info you need.

Chears was just looking at the prices there, sounds interesting..... Ill have to see about this id love to go:)

Chears was just looking at the prices there, sounds interesting..... Ill have to see about this id love to go:)

just noticed you posted in the young guns thread.

AFAIK, this is a strictly over 18's event. Not too sure on that though.

Ye im only 17, thats a b**** if your right:(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

Ye im only 17, thats a b**** if your right:(

no its 16 on the rules,

Lacertus wrote: »
    no its 16 on the rules,

Some luck after all:D, is there a website or something with all the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

Some luck after all:D, is there a website or something with all the details?

this is what i read.Eye protection is mandatory in the form of goggles or approved glasses, full face protection is advised and is required for player under 18 years of age.

so id presume that they allow younger players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Pm'd you my details Doc.

The website is http://ta-events.co.uk/events/phoenixrising/pr3/

Advertisement