Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grinding noise / Open tray error

• 13-01-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

For the last few days anytime I try to run a disc I'll get two loose, grinding noises off the disc drive and instead of launching the game, all I can do is 'open tray'.

I've found that if I squeeze down on top of the disc drive when it is reading, I can sometimes run a disc, but this is becoming rarer.

I've already moved the console from vertical to horizontal, no red lights yet.

I don't know what else I can do besides maybe open it up and clean it or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

If its under a year old then I would get microsoft to fix it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If it's under a year old, and you still have the receipt, just bring it back to where you bought it and get them to replace it.

Advertisement