Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Broadband Experience? (In Wicklow Especially)

Options
  • 13-01-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Hey there just curious if anyone has any feedback on what the Vodafone broadband services are like? I'm thinking of going with their 3 or 7 meg service and would love to know what the actual connections are like. They're relatively new so it'd be nice to hear some first hand experience of them.

Cheers
    Ry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I'm using 3Mb Vodafone at home, and have had it for about 6 months. I've not had any problems with it at all. No service outages or contention issues. I regularly get between 100kb/s and 250kb/s on Vuze. Its saved me about €20 a month on phone charges as my wife can now call her mum and sister for free as they are on Vodafone mobiles and you get calls to 3 Voda mobiles for nothing. I'm not sure if thy enforce their download caps, I'll know soon as this is the first month I've gone over my 30Gb cap.

Im in Bray by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Vodafone resell Eircom, so it'll have the same problems. The upto 7.6mbit package has high interleaving which causes extra high ping times, terrible for gaming. The 3mbit package doesn't suffer from this.

Advertisement