Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not necessarily alien but a flying object I couldn't identify

Options
  • 13-01-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

:pac:

Anyway I used to go to boarding school in South Germany. Myself and my friend were driving back to school on Sunday evening and it was a really cold clean night and suddenly we saw this light zooming back and forth in the sky. It just looked like a bright star except that it zigged and zagged and it seemed like it followed us for a bit. It was quite a lonely road going through a forest and there was nothing for miles. We actually got quite a scare. It then just disappeared of a sudden.
    Now I'm a huge skepdic and really don't know what it was.
    A friend of mine who is a physisist (Is that spelled correctly? :-) ) said that he doesn't believe that we are visited by aliens on a daily basis because of how far away everything is. He said that if aliens are visiting us then it would mean that they have technology so much more far advanced then anything we have that we would look like cavemen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

jessbeth wrote: »
    :pac:

Anyway I used to go to boarding school in South Germany. Myself and my friend were driving back to school on Sunday evening and it was a really cold clean night and suddenly we saw this light zooming back and forth in the sky. It just looked like a bright star except that it zigged and zagged and it seemed like it followed us for a bit. It was quite a lonely road going through a forest and there was nothing for miles. We actually got quite a scare. It then just disappeared of a sudden.
    Now I'm a huge skepdic and really don't know what it was.
    A friend of mine who is a physisist (Is that spelled correctly? :-) ) said that he doesn't believe that we are visited by aliens on a daily basis because of how far away everything is. He said that if aliens are visiting us then it would mean that they have technology so much more far advanced then anything we have that we would look like cavemen.

That's true. It's believed they can come here because they have the technology. I read about something in the mechanics of the ship (when I was in Roswell ;)) than can create a 'worm hole' and basically travel great distances in less time.

I was driving along a back road of North County Dublin 2 years ago and I saw a bright white light way over to the left, assumed it was a plane as they're normally coming in thereabouts. So I looked away and then a few seconds later I saw the same thing right over my car, high enough up in the sky. I kept an eye on it and stayed there in the same place for about 10-15 seconds and then it just took off and an incredible speed! And it moved with such fluency, like the pointer on a computer monitor. It was so fast and travelled high and away from me, it was out of sight in about 3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jessbeth

Wow same kind of thing.
    Myself and my friend calmed ourselves with the idea that there was a military base nearby. We thought it must have been some sort of test of a new plane or something. :o

Wow same kind of thing.
    Myself and my friend calmed ourselves with the idea that there was a military base nearby. We thought it must have been some sort of test of a new plane or something. :o

:pac: A sceptic even then eh?! It's amazing the amount of 'tests' and 'new planes' that never actually make it to production :D

That thing I saw: I my Mam about it and she swears she saw something similar years ago on the same road.

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    :pac: A sceptic even then eh?! It's amazing the amount of 'tests' and 'new planes' that never actually make it to production :D

That thing I saw: I my Mam about it and she swears she saw something similar years ago on the same road.

If there are Aliens that visit us then we should be freaked out. What would they want with us? We would look so backward, they would only want to steal our planet and get rid of us. (Psycho music plays)

LOL

Ok I've been watching too much sci fi

If there are Aliens that visit us then we should be freaked out. What would they want with us? We would look so backward, they would only want to steal our planet and get rid of us. (Psycho music plays)

LOL

Sci-Fi is awesome!

Well there are theories and drawings (especially in Incan heiroglyphics) about aliens visting even then and helping to build their ancient civilizations. Nobody really knows how the pyramids of Giza were built. As far as we know they didn't have the technology back then...so who had? How did the rocks on Easter island get there? They didn't originate on that island..

As to what they could want, I've no idea, all I know is I'm going to be leading the earths resistence in the fight if they become hostile :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr. Frost is going to get really Frosty against our Alien invaders :p

Anyway I must away on my chariot. Be back later.

Cool talk to you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

LOL

why would anyone be freaked out,about aliens??,they haven't harmed us yet........or why would there steal our plant , do you not think there couldnt get soil,plants,water,etc... on other plants??or where do you think you came from the sea??,or did god place adam and eve on earth ,there's more evidence for,then against,the possibility that extra terrestrial beings are visiting our plant is not something to be freaked out about[immature],people are immature to assume things just because of fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

jonbravo wrote: »
    why would anyone be freaked out,about aliens??,they haven't harmed us yet........or why would there steal our plant , do you not think there couldnt get soil,plants,water,etc... on other plants??or where do you think you came from the sea??,or did god place adam and eve on earth ,there's more evidence for,then against,the possibility that extra terrestrial beings are visiting our plant is not something to be freaked out about[immature],people are immature to assume things just because of fear.
    Fear is different for everyone and everyone reacts differently to everyone else so its a bit naive to say its immature to be fearful of the unknown.

Ziycon wrote: »
    Fear is different for everyone and everyone reacts differently to everyone else so its a bit naive to say its immature to be fearful of the unknown.
    when man first seen fire, man was immature towards fire at the start,aka....lacking experience and/or wisdom, to over come fear you need experience and/or wisdom....

• Advertisement

I believe it is a natural human reaction to fear what you don't know and believe me I have never to the best of my knowledge met any extraterrestrials. Of course if you like to believe all the conspiracy theories I could surmise that I've probably met plenty who walk among us in their human disguises.
    Just because I would approach a situation with extraterrestrials with fear does not (IMO) make me immature but cautious.

:)

I believe it is a natural human reaction to fear what you don't know and believe me I have never to the best of my knowledge met any extraterrestrials. Of course if you like to believe all the conspiracy theories I could surmise that I've probably met plenty who walk among us in their human disguises.
    Just because I would approach a situation with extraterrestrials with fear does not (IMO) make me immature but cautious.

:)
    it is natural to fear.....and im not goin to go on & on about it!!I dont believe in most conspiracy theories.The thread was about ufo's or ufi's not alien's or extraterrestrial's ,its immature to chat about alien's when we can't understand ufo's or where there from....alien's are just sci-fry:)..fry your brain media stuff ,so its immature to the subject ,and thats not personal:p

Advertisement