Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinons on women in MMA

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Send me some details we could work something out. baz.oglesby[at]gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Send me some details to. . . . measurments, turn ons, etc. Maybe throw in a couple of pics of you and some girlfriends with pillows, non compromising positions only of course.:D

As for the O.P, I'm pro choice, you wanna do something do it. regardless of age, gender or any other descriminating factors. I've no problem watching woman compete either. I can't say i'd agree with the earlier post of them being sub standard to male fights, any i've seen have been just as entertaining and technically sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

tell this woman not to do mma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drP4-g1djp8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

That'll be me soon Jason ;) She's amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

she can fair rock

looks like an ex-judo player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Wow! she rocks! when judo works in MMA its looks so freaking cool! im doing judo at the moment to add to my game so far Im enjoying it but mostly getting my ass handed to me at competitions :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 a.con

angeldance wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just thought I'd get your opinons on wether you think MMA is suitable for women. What's making me ask that I've been doing kickboxing for years now and fight competively, but I started MMA last week and I loved it. Theres lots to learn and takes alot of skill, however at the weekend I was amazed at the amount of people saying 'you can't do mma your a girl what about your face' haha. Now I fight light and full contact so I'm wondering why so many people are shocked that a girl would want to do mma. Just wondering have any of you come across this?

women who can fight, in my opinion is quite hot!
    nothing wrong with wanting to compete physically with other women like this. and ur face wont get messed up, unless ur shocking and cant defend at all..! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

If they want to do it then I see nothing wrong with it.

It's not my cup of tea and I don't like to watch it but it's their choice so what else matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I would not be a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gorilla_image

I have no problem with women in MMA. It's your face if, if you want to risk it, so be it. No-one has the right to tell you can't fight in MMA because of your gender, this is 2009 for g*dsake! If you find girls fighting in an octagon gruesome then don't watch! It's a free world. If women can do kickboxing in the Olympics or play rugby then why the hell not MMA?!

Go Ash the bash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

If women can do kickboxing in the Olympics or play rugby then why the hell not MMA?!

Go Ash the bash!

Kickboxing is not in the olympics

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gorilla_image

Yeah, I realised my mistake, meant Taekwondo, which is in the Olympics.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Kickboxing is not in the olympics

WAKO's are supposed to be bringing over a team to the next Olympics, as a demonstration sport. Although I think it's mostly semi-contact. I know a few people hoping to be on the team, it'd be some opportunity. :)

Demonstration sport means little, there not part of the actual olympics.

TKD is on its last legs in the olympics too and has a good chance of getting the boot.

I didn't know TKD wasn't doing well at it, although TBH the only sports I watch at the Olympics is Boxing and swimming. I hear there is a long list of sports waiting to get into it, so do they just get rid of the sports that aren't doing well, then bring in a new sport?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I didn't know TKD wasn't doing well at it, although TBH the only sports I watch at the Olympics is Boxing and swimming. I hear there is a long list of sports waiting to get into it, so do they just get rid of the sports that aren't doing well, then bring in a new sport?

It is more based on money and occasional bribe than anything else.

Its more about fans interest and how the sports behave too, the lad kicking the ref in the head done TKD no favours..

Someone kicked a ref in the head? Why?

because they did not like the way the ref done his job, i think he took points away losing the guy a medal or something like that..

anyway lets get back on topic please..

Haha sorry, I always get side tracked. I'm still doing mma (was off for 1 1/2 month due to back injury I sustained in hip hop), and love it, I'm just treated the same as everyone else, which is great.

• Advertisement

Haha sorry, I always get side tracked. I'm still doing mma (was off for 1 1/2 month due to back injury I sustained in hip hop), and love it, I'm just treated the same as everyone else, which is great.

I train 4-5 girls and they love it too, 3 are only new and not yet used to rolling with lads yet and get weird about it!!

im also training 4-5 u16's girls, they all love it..and learn fast..

I'm the only girl so far in our club, but its all fella's I train with in Kickboxing too so I'm used to it. The fella's grapple with me no bother now, and really help me try and get it right. I'm used to stand up but finding I'm really enjoying ground work, although I do get mental blocks about what to do next haha

OP -
    Personally I wouldn't want to watch 2 women fight, but I'm not going to tell anyone not to do it if that's what they want.

So I say go for it

Advertisement