Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Beginners Guide to Darts!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

The stupid link is not working,
    I give up:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

It works for me and thanks, might be something useful in there - will give it a watch.

Maybe if you're posting from work it's a blocked site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Wouldn't like to run into those two in a dark alley! Especially Doug!

LOL!
    Me neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Hey good videos. Was just thinkin it might be an idea to have a thread with tips and that, might help *cough* some people out there (not me, i swear!:D)

On that note, can anyone explain how to actually aim the darts?! used to play back in the day, but just got a proper board and a set of arrows, but for example if im throwin at the bull, the darts'll go single 20, triple 17 triple 14, i.e. absolutely zero consistency. But if i try to aim, ill look down the shaft and not be able to see the goddamn board!

Anyone help a desperate newbie?!!

• Advertisement

coyle wrote: »
    Hey good videos. Was just thinkin it might be an idea to have a thread with tips and that, might help *cough* some people out there (not me, i swear!:D)

On that note, can anyone explain how to actually aim the darts?! used to play back in the day, but just got a proper board and a set of arrows, but for example if im throwin at the bull, the darts'll go single 20, triple 17 triple 14, i.e. absolutely zero consistency. But if i try to aim, ill look down the shaft and not be able to see the goddamn board!

Anyone help a desperate newbie?!!

Great post!
    For me number 1 is to get your stance right. Having a weight balance so you can stay still while throwing your three darts. My natural throw will go right to left so if I'm aiming for say treble 20 I will stand about 3/4 of a foot to the left and aim to the right side of the treble 20. You will have many answers to your post as people's aiming and targeting will be completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

just after watching that video,did anyone else notice that they said the distance back from the board was 7'9'' and 3/4's where in fact it is 7'9''and 1/4.just brought it up in case anyone new to the game would use that measurement for practice then when they play on a properly measured oche there darts would be way out.

DFD wrote: »
    just after watching that video,did anyone .else notice that they said the distance back from the board was 7'9'' and 3/4's where in fact it is 7'9''and 1/4.just brought it up in case anyone new to the game would use that measurement for practice then when they play on a properly measured oche there darts would be way out.

Well spotted, I reviewed it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

What I usually tell guys starting off is to stand in line with the bull, use their elbow to point at what part of the board they want to hit, say longitudinally, and then use their throw to determine where it's gonna hit as in the weight

Sounds a bit strange but when you have them on the board and demonstrate what you mean it makes alot of sense

Never look at the dart itself when throwing

There is hope for us all!
    :eek:
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=tK9Eg4EGAMY

:eek:!

• Advertisement
Advertisement