Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Day back

Options
  • 13-01-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

im in 3rd year so i should know but i cant remember if the first day back after christmas is good for a piss up in the student bar?
    first day back after summer is always good and last day of term...well no explanation needed really.
    so yea, what will next monday be like?scoops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

yea...it'll be pretty much the exact same as first day back after summer. everyone generally heads to student bar and it usually gets busy around noon. plenty of scoops shall be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Our staff Chirstmas party is Monday night. Which means I will have to take a Lifeline at 11am with my first drink, then I won't have a 5 o'clock hangover and can thus enjoy the Christmas party!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Our staff Chirstmas party is Monday night. Which means I will have to take a Lifeline at 11am with my first drink, then I won't have a 5 o'clock hangover and can thus enjoy the Christmas party!

Christmas was ages ago. Where do you work? They should really get with the times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Christmas was ages ago. Where do you work? They should really get with the times.

In pubs we do what we feel like

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, my one is tomorrow night...with people coming to places where we work for their christmas parties before it, we have to have it after.

Monday should be fun, can imagine the bar being over-packed again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

the price of a pint of fosters better not have gone up again!

FockRoysh wrote: »
    the price of a pint of fosters better not have gone up again!

Eugh...going back to drinking this!!! Just back from Berlin, and I don't want to sound snobbery, but its going to be awful. Financially and taste wise at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

was looking forward to a good session monday, but timetable goes up to 6pm!...

but wait a minute, labs and practicals would harldy be on the first week..? like ive a lab and a practical monday, but i wont even have been to the lectures to know anything about them...

someone just say it aint so.. then il only have one lecture at 10am!

drunkens.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

.Bob wrote: »
    drunkens.gif
    Thats a great smiley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

.Bob wrote: »
    was looking forward to a good session monday, but timetable goes up to 6pm!...

but wait a minute, labs and practicals would harldy be on the first week..? like ive a lab and a practical monday, but i wont even have been to the lectures to know anything about them...

someone just say it aint so.. then il only have one lecture at 10am!

drunkens.gif

I cant remember if we had labs on in the first week last year. Though something tells me we did...?? You might be lucky!

This is my last semester in UCD. Feels really strange and a lil sad....:(
    As bad as it gets sometimes, Im gonna miss it.

oh no.....my LAST semester....aghhhh what am I gonna do with my life!!! Help!!! reality kicking in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's my last semester too - thankfully! I'll be very glad when it's over, it's taken me long enough to finish a degree.

Mushy wrote: »
    Eugh...going back to drinking this!!! Just back from Berlin, and I don't want to sound snobbery, but its going to be awful. Financially and taste wise at that!
    I too just got back from Berlin on Monday....hmm.... Berliner anyone?! Yummy...

I too just got back from Berlin on Monday....hmm.... Berliner anyone?! Yummy...

Berliner was gorgeous. Where abouts were ya staying? I met loads of people from UCD where I was staying, who left on Monday.

Mushy wrote: »
    Berliner was gorgeous. Where abouts were ya staying? I met loads of people from UCD where I was staying, who left on Monday.

Generator hostel. They didnt appreciate our noisiness!!

Generator hostel. They didn't appreciate our noisiness!!

Haha, definitely met ya then, was my location too. Did they not appreciate it? I only remember a lot off drink being consumed.

Advertisement