Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza questions

• 13-01-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I'm Looking to buy a pizza stone in the Dublin area - anyone know where I might pick one of these up? I hear they aren't too expensive and apparently they make a huge difference when making homemade Pizza. Also, while I'm on the subject I've read that there is a special type of flour that you can get for making Pizza dough - it's called '00' or'0' I think - has anyone ever seen this for sale anywhere? Apologies in advance if this topic has been already covered - I looked for this but couldn't find any existing threads on the subject.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi, I had a look and managed to find a previous thread on where to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

In Italy the types of flour are called 00, 0 and so on, based on how much part of the actual wheat grain was milled, this also results in a different content of protein.

If you want to compare a good 00 in Ireland is Odlum's Cream (protein around 10%), and a good 0 is the strong white (same brand, protein around 11%); there are also other particular flour which are used for pastries but this is a different topic.

For my homemade pizzas I use the strong white.

If you want to use a different flour and compare them with the italian ones check the protein content, 10% means 00, greather than 10% up to 11% is 0, the whole-grain one (which obviously has more protein) is called 'integrale'.

The 00 is usually used for cookies or other sweet things, the 0 is used for bread, pizzas and other 'derivative work' :-)

Advertisement