Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorbike parking in UCD

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

whats the craic with parkingspots for us who ride bikes? i just throw mine werever i want but has anyone ever had theres removed for this? also has anyone ever been stopped for driving along the paths tru campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

bmcgov86 wrote: »
    whats the craic with parkingspots for us who ride bikes? i just throw mine werever i want but has anyone ever had theres removed for this? also has anyone ever been stopped for driving along the paths tru campus?

There's dedicated bike parking at the rear of the JJ Library but anywhere near bicycle racks where it's not obstructing people seems to be OK. The concourse opposite the restaurant is pretty popular. I don't think they'd be removed, more likely clamped, but I've never seen a bike clamped in UCD.

There's signs up saying no motorcycles on the concourse, it'd be pretty dangerous in term during the day when there's a lot of people about. Often see bikers in the morning and evening using them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've seen a few motorbikes parked up near the entrance of the Newstead building, the former Philips building halfway to Richview past the rugby fields. The service desk is usually manned, with a good view of the bikes, so there's some security. You'd come in the Clonskeagh Rd. entrance, take left and left again just past the water tower (I think).

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

bnt wrote: »
    I've seen a few motorbikes parked up near the entrance of the Newstead building, the former Philips building halfway to Richview past the rugby fields. The service desk is usually manned, with a good view of the bikes, so there's some security. You'd come in the Clonskeagh Rd. entrance, take left and left again just past the water tower (I think).
    thats probably my bike u see i always have it outside newstead! altho ur man at the desk is so lazy i dont know if he'd be bothered if someone was robbing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Behind the library is the 'designated area' but anywhere not in the way is fine. I know someone who had their bike clamped behind the library as it encroached onto the disabled parking space beside it by a matter of inches, so be vigilant!

Advertisement