Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSS horn

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

well im not sure whether its the HSS horn or the fog horn they use on the piers but i was just wondering whats the farthest place anyone can hear it from? i live near killiney shopping centre and it can be heard clearly from here on cold days(think sound travels further in cold air)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

If its repeated every 10/15 seconds then its the fog horn - ive heard it in Ballybrack in the early mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mcgov

I can hear it from the square in galway city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

ooookeeeyyyy....might be another one????;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ihop

you are an absolute geek. do you have too much time on your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

ihop wrote: »
    you are an absolute geek. do you have too much time on your hands

ihop banned for dragging up an old thread just to abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Since it's been dragged up anyway. Can certainly hear it (the foghorn) at Tesco in Ballybrack and In Bayview in Killiney.

Listen out for the HSS horn between 13.10 and 13.25 daily that when it leaves, usually sounds it twice; once bout 10 mins before leaving the again just as it pulling away. Not nearly as loud but you may be able to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I can hear the foghorn in Belfield, especially at nighttime. Don't think I can hear the HSS horn...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Linku wrote: »
    I can hear the foghorn in Belfield, especially at nighttime. Don't think I can hear the HSS horn...

Never mind I read that the first time as Belfast, D'oh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I used to hear it in Rathfarnham at night when I lived there, particularly on still nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

This thread isn't about what I thought it was going to be about !:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement