Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good backup weapon(Mp7)

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Mp7 is this a good backup weapon or is it to underpowered:confused: any other comments would be appreciated.:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Not over powered ''Energy: 0.49 Joule'' , under powered if anything, still a nice device .I would go for a handgun as a backup

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

if you are going for an mp7, get the TM one if you can, it's a bit more expensive, but the clone ones weren't very reliable last I heard (although this may have improved since)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah the clone ones are sh*te., im not sure what brand the one is you have in mind.

I noticed on RSOV there today that JG has released a scorpion SMG, going off JG's reputation alone i would expect it to be good and its a bit smaller than an MP7,.,

I was planning on buying one for the gearbox alone and sticking it in a Well MP7.,

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

sorry about that other one ................http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?products_id=6 this is the one I was thinking of getting
    if any one has other ideas on a good side arm let me Know please;););)

Yep i have 2 of them myself, the quality is a bit hit and miss though, some are great and others are pieces of cr*p., the Scorpion i mentioned above uses all the same internals as the MP7 (only not made by WELL of course) and its a little smaller, it also has a fold out stock. theres a drum magazine available for it too if thats your thing.,

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=3323

• Advertisement

The scorpion looks cool (correct me if im wrong) it says its made by well and how would it be shipping it in

No, the bit where it says WELL, is links to related items, I got the WELL version for the little fella and its actually pretty decent. its still working fine after a few months but the reason i suggested the JG was because WELL are known for being a bit "hit and miss" whereas JG are known for being the best clone manufacturer there is.,:)

this is the WELL version,
    http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2473

Great thanks ..........as it is an airsoft device when customs stop it what would happen from there.

nothin., they'll bill ya for tax probably, the gun is perfectly legal though so i wouldnt worry about it getting taken off ya.,

so would they stop it and send it for testing or just bill me for tax,,,does it come with a bottom rail attachment do you know thanks

• Advertisement

Im not sure about the JG one but the WELL comes with the RIS attachment.

As for the customs, they'll most likely just bill you for the import. their wide to airsoft by now and theres no reason why it should get stopped. Theres always the chance though and if it does it'll go to garda HQ for testing which could take a couple of months but you'll get it back in the end.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

vtec wrote: »
    yeah the clone ones are sh*te., im not sure what brand the one is you have in mind.

I noticed on RSOV there today that JG has released a scorpion SMG, going off JG's reputation alone i would expect it to be good and its a bit smaller than an MP7,.,

I was planning on buying one for the gearbox alone and sticking it in a Well MP7.,

do you ever stop thinking out of the box lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I have the WELL skorpion a good while now, hasnt let me down ever, and I use it a good bit at home, and usually skirmish it.

The 46 bb mids by well for it are great, and very small too.

It can be awkward to carry though, you'll need to use a large pouch or find some way of carrying it.

Edit: The JG may be better, but the mags are 90 bb wind up ones afaik, and thats crap to be honest, I just got 2 extra Well mags for my skorp, and I'll be sure to use it heavily for cqb.

Up to yourself, but defo get the Well mags, they rock.

Review: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055313785&highlight=well+vz61

Ignore me saying the hop didnt work, its was fixed in 5 minutes.

Advertisement