Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around the World in 80 Faiths - BBC Series

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been watching this?

It's a eight part travelogue documenting world faiths, narrated by English Anglican vicar Pete Owen-Jones. Really interesting viewing! Makes such a welcome change from celebrity dancing, or dare I say it, Dawkins going on about religious evil!

Not sure how many episodes have aired already, but the dates for the remaining ones are on the site. (Next up this Friday, 16th).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/80faiths/

To watch the earlier episodes, BBC's iPlayer requires you to be in the UK (or to use a UK proxy for the nerds amongst us...), but there's loads of YouTube and other video material to be googled too. :)

Comments

Dades wrote: »
    To watch the earlier episodes, BBC's iPlayer requires you to be in the UK (or to use a UK proxy for the nerds amongst us...), but there's loads of YouTube and other video material to be googled too. :)

It's not nerdy if it's useful:p

Looks good. You'd actually get sick of the constant anti-theism in most religious documentaries.

I'll take a look at a few episodes and see how it goes anyway. Thanks for the up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Meant to watch it. How would one go about setting up a UK proxy? Can't stand the 10 minute bursts of youtube.

Meant to watch it. How would one go about setting up a UK proxy? Can't stand the 10 minute bursts of youtube.

It isn't really worth doing it with most of the public/free ones, as they usually offer little bandwidth; so it might take hours for the video to load, if it even loaded at all (could be wrong, hopefully somebody knows of a fast, free one).

Edit: I could offer an alternative, but I suspect it would be against Boards rules (torrents).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm also very much enjoying this series.
    Can't wait until they get to the Burmese cargo cults...

Advertisement