Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ten technologies to save the planet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

probe wrote: »
    Pat Kenny interviewed the author - you can hear the interview at
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/player_av.html?0,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-todaywithpatkenny-Tuesday.smil

The interview starts 1h17m into the programme - you can zoom to that point using the slider control.

The book is a paperback. ISBN: 184668868X
    Available at amazon.ie, amazon.de amazon.fr etc
    (Find it fast by putting the ISBN into the search box)

no offense couldn't be arsed listening to Kenny, really is an annoying ________ (fill in your own swear word here).

any chance you would list the ten items....:):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

robtri wrote: »
    no offense couldn't be arsed listening to Kenny, really is an annoying ________ (fill in your own swear word here).

May I suggest that you create a "why I don't like Pat Kenny" type topic on boards or some other venue of choice and move your posting over there. Your posting has nothing to do with green issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I've just finished reading the book and it's very interesting indeed. I'd definitely recommend it as worth reading.

I'll have a listen to the interview later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Your posting has nothing to do with green issues.

see below

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

1. Capturing the wind
    2. Solar energy
    3. Electricity from the oceans
    4. Combined heat and power
    5. Super-efficient homes
    6. Electric cars
    7. Motor fuels from cellulose
    8. Capturing carbon
    9. Biochar
    10. Soil and forests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I was not aware that the planet needed saving....

While I say that with a slight grin on my face, the truth is that the the planet is not in danger. We are.

May I suggest that you create a "why I don't like Pat Kenny" type topic on boards or some other venue of choice and move your posting over there. Your posting has nothing to do with green issues.

my post asks for a list of the ten items....which is green related...

your post has nothing to do with anything.... so why don't you quietly push off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

my post asks for a list of the ten items....which is green related...

your post has nothing to do with anything.... so why don't you quietly push off

The emphasis of matter in your post was a negative expression of your personal opinion of Pat Kenny. You didn't even bother to listen to the interview - which was quite good in my view - or use the information provided in the root posting.

If you bothered to use the ISBN provided, you could view an outline of the book at amazon and probably several other sites - assuming you were really interested in getting your hands on the information!

The emphasis of matter in your post was a negative expression of your personal opinion of Pat Kenny. You didn't even bother to listen to the interview - which was quite good in my view - or use the information provided in the root posting.

If you bothered to use the ISBN provided, you could view an outline of the book at amazon and probably several other sites - assuming you were really interested in getting your hands on the information!
    I am not going to have this discussion with you, this thread is about the ten items raised by the OP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

+1

I also didn't bother with the original link because Pat Kenny is so repulsive.
    Yet was curious about the list of 10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement