Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting old

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭Naos

I believe you become old when you start telling every person you meet your age.

"I'm 83 you know."
    "Oh right, fair play."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

themadchef wrote: »
    Working today for a funeral of a man i knew very well. Just literally dropped where he was standing age 66.
    Personally i don't consider that to be old, yet when i was a teenager i thoughg 40 was ancient!

What is old? Is it how active they are physically or mentally. Hardly a number as i know a 99yr old that would give any 70yr old a run for her money.

When you're old your ears might be hairier than your head and your drug of choice will probably be vitamins :D

So, AH what do you consider to be "old age" and what is your biggest fear about hitting that number. For me, i'd say 80... and the prospect of being the female version of Victor Meldrew scares the hell outta me :o

It depends - everyone has a different scary age... my sister is 30 in november and says she gonna lock herself in her room all day.

Im 25 in a year and a half and ill just kill myself:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

a person came up to me in the street last week and told me jebus loves me, he is 2000 years older than me, the pervert

...Half his age... + 7 ... .......

What age are you admiral??

...If you are younger than 1011... ...then Jebus is officially a filthy fúcking pervert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

75-80...if i can hit that age i'll be happy...my granny was 93, my great granny was 90, my other granny was 76 and my mas granny was 88...:D

thats a lot of granny's...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

Berty wrote: »
    When you get old you learn the difference between a house and a home.

A house is where you live now.

A home is where they will put you. :D:D

Brilliant!

Old is a mental state anyone of any age can be in. We all know people old before their time and older people who don't even look old cos their attitude and vibrance has kept them young looking and acting. There's the odd time I have felt old over the years and it's one of the worst feelings! But then it was only cos younger people than me mentioned something to the effect of me being old.. but really, wtf do they know?! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement