Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5310 Security Code

• 13-01-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Never entered one in on my phone and went to use it today but when I try the usuals (0000, 00000, 1234, 12345) and nothing, any idea how the hell you can get the security codes for phones?

Googled it aswell, seems a few people have had the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the default code is 12345 so the possibilities are:

1. You changed it so try to think of what you might have changed it to
    2. Someone else changed it so ask friends and family
    3. The phone's faulty and not recognising the right code (very unlikely)
    4. You typed 12345 wrong

If you can't get it to work i think you have to bring it to an unlocking type shop. There was a way of generating a master code for old nokias but it wouldn't work for that one and i never heard of a newer one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Does that program do anything to your phone CR e.g. delete messages, etc...?

Have everything read and when I click search on NSS, nothing is found.

Have everything read and when I click search on NSS, nothing is found.
    You sure you have the latest Nokia drivers? If you can connect to Nokia PC Suite with your phone you should be able to use NSS. Just make sure you have the latest version of Nokia PC Suite.

If you can't get it sorted, drop me a pm, I can read the code for you in about 10 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

If you still have not found your Security Code go here and watch tutorial video, and download the software and follow the steps in the tutorial
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1689410/reset_nokia_security_code/

You should have your security code within 2 minutes

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

what are you trying to do. All nss does is update the firmware. If you cant update from that just debrand your phone and then try nss.
    Standard code is 12345. If that dont work then im guessing the phone is second hand.
    If ya cant figure it out just "hard reset" the phone. That will bring it back to factory settings. It will wipe memory on phone

You sure you have the latest Nokia drivers? If you can connect to Nokia PC Suite with your phone you should be able to use NSS. Just make sure you have the latest version of Nokia PC Suite.

If you can't get it sorted, drop me a pm, I can read the code for you in about 10 seconds.

PM;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Tried NSS again and it keeps coming up "error" at the bottom.:confused: I'll give it a try on another phone tomorrow and see if it's just teh computer or what.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever gone to a "Nokia Care point" to get their phone sorted?

Anyone ever gone to a "Nokia Care point" to get their phone sorted?
    mprc.ie
    Resetting Of Security Locks €20.66

Advertisement