Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumors....

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

just in the talbot last night for dinner and the place was packed to the rafters, people in and out with gym gear, groups of guests there in the the bar ready to go out on the town, local families in for there evening dinner, the place was a hive of activity just weeks after Christmas when you would expect it to be quiet, dont think they will be closing for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

just in the talbot last night for dinner and the place was packed to the rafters, people in and out with gym gear, groups of guests there in the the bar ready to go out on the town, local families in for there evening dinner, the place was a hive of activity just weeks after Christmas when you would expect it to be quiet, dont think they will be closing for a while

I can't see why the place would be closing down, they just added new gym equipment before xmas and seen plenty of wedding plans being organised while in an out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

don't you just love carlow for the rumor generator. i love when someone doesnt get good service once, just after a place opens, they say its closing....
    talbot when they open first had crap service(and i worked there when it opened!!!). as the same for homebase- business has never been better, and the deals on big ticket stuff is mind blowing!!

**bang**!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Many hotels close down some of their rooms for a period. Soemtimes complete floors. Its normal practice in the industry.

I agree with above - Talbot is very busy recently and I believe the Dolmen has all Saturday weddings booked out for the coming summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

aynon wrote: »
    don't you just love carlow for the rumor generator. i love when someone doesnt get good service once, just after a place opens, they say its closing....
    talbot when they open first had crap service(and i worked there when it opened!!!). as the same for homebase- business has never been better, and the deals on big ticket stuff is mind blowing!!
    !

I also opened the Talbot and the service was ****e!
    I was in there last year for a wedding and it was excellent. I also got a great reception from the management even though I walked out on them. Weird, but nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

The gym in the talbot seems very good, not that I've been in that many or that often. Always busy early in the evening & the staff are sound.

Advertisement