Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vienna State Opera Tickets

Options
  • 13-01-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

I'm going to Vienna next month and want to go to the State Opera (hopefully to see the Barber of Seville).

Can anyone advise me on the best place to get tickets? There is a link from the State Opera website to an online ticket sale site, but the site seems very confusing (e.g. entering min and max number of tickets, min and max price, time of ticket allocation etc).

When you google it, other wesbites come up, www.vienna-opera.com or www.vienna-opera-online.wmo.at offering tickets.

Are these sites safe and ok to use? They say no fees, but does that mean you will pay the same price for the same tickets no matter what?

Anyone got any experience with Vienna Opera tickets? They're expensive so I don't want to pay more than I need or book through a fly-by-night website.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Will overlook my jealousy at seeing the Barber in Vienna:P:

Try :
    http://www.staatsoper.at/Content.Node2/en/index.php

Follow links to internet sales. Simple enough, right down to the individual seats you want to buy.

Have used it and works fine. Shows up as 'Culturall' on your credit card - a Ticketmaster type group I guess. Tickets can be picked up at the ticket office at the side of the opera house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

The place you'll see them is in the theatre just off the Karl-Luger Ring. Buy tickets from the box office.

Be prepared to pay around 150e.

For the record, I snook in.

Advertisement