Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting predictions?

• 13-01-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

So what do ye think is coming up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Manufacturing accounts, No.1 anyway. Everything else... I have no idea :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Trust me guys, I gambled last year and it didn't work out for me! Got a B2 but should have done better. Man acc's, and club or published or incomplete records, at least one of them in the middle. Flexi budget is due I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Paddy001 wrote: »
    Trust me guys, I gambled last year and it didn't work out for me! Got a B2 but should have done better. Man acc's, and club or published or incomplete records, at least one of them in the middle. Flexi budget is due I think
    +1

My class gambled last year and it failed us miserably. Don't gamble, we found out the hard way. Trust me, I sat in that exam hall last year at the most unpredictable paper ever and I don't mean to scare you but just don't gamble. Prepare everything for question 1 and if you can do that you can gamble "slightly" in the middle questions but know all the Question 1s inside out even Departmental Accounts which have never come up.

I loved this thread after last year's exam:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

alan4cult wrote: »
    +1

My class gambled last year and it failed us miserably. Don't gamble, we found out the hard way. Trust me, I sat in that exam hall last year at the most unpredictable paper ever and I don't mean to scare you but just don't gamble. Prepare everything for question 1 and if you can do that you can gamble "slightly" in the middle questions but know all the Question 1s inside out even Departmental Accounts which have never come up.

Our class didn't do too bad though, I got a B2 and there were 3 A2's above me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Flexi budjets came up last year in Q8 as a part B question so I wouldn't be relying on it unless it comes up as a full Question. My teacher was talking today about the possibility of them putting 3 Q's in one of the management Q's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jhn_noln

They used to love to have "trends" going, well we thought they were trends anyway and they they would mess it up completely i.e last year and thus put the trend theories to rest for a few more years. For years you could nearly predict a cycle of sole trader, company and manufacturing however after last year i wouldn't even be surprised to see a departmental up there in some form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

alan4cult wrote: »
    +1

Scary Reading that. I'll be having nightmares for weeks!

Advertisement