Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple - Ipod Touch

Options
  • 13-01-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hey guys looking for some advice,
    I had bought an ipod touch in November from the online Apple store but recently I noticed the back light was bleeding and it was causing a dark line to run across the screen,so I contacted apple who sent out the box to return it to them for repair, anyway long story short on their website now they have No trouble found in the repair status window and they have shipped it back out to me.

No repairs were made yet I had explained where the fault was located so they couldn't say they missed it and heres another kick as well I called their help line to find out what to do since no repairs were made, the first time I was put on hold and after 2/3 minutes the call disconnected, called them back and the same thing happened. Of course the call was an 1850 number as well so that'll cost me at least €12 with my phone companies charges.

I'm going to send an e-mail to apple but just wondering how I should go about this? Seeing as it was bought from the online store is it possible to go to the small claims court or not? I'd rather not have to do that but I'm not going to call them if I'm going to be put on hold and then to be hung up on. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Of course the call was an 1850 number as well so that'll cost me at least €12 with my phone companies charges.

1850 numbers are 30c per call for me (Meteor), 1890 numbers are 15c per minute.

Are you thinking of 1580 numbers? (over 2 euro a minute)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Apologies I misread the price charge so its more like €4 in call costs either way I'd rather not sit on the phone if I'm going to keep getting disconnected by the reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

the back light was bleeding and it was causing a dark line to run across the screen.

No repairs were made yet I had explained where the fault was located so they couldn't say they missed it

Does the fault still exists?

Oh and so I know what you mean, are you saying that when the iPod is on you have a dark line running across the display? for example on a movie/TV show, something irritating?

Profiler wrote: »
    Does the fault still exists?

Oh and so I know what you mean, are you saying that when the iPod is on you have a dark line running across the display? for example on a movie/TV show, something irritating?

Yes exactly, its very obvious in light backgrounds in videos.

Yes exactly, its very obvious in light backgrounds in videos.

I had a look at the girlfriends 16gb Touch which I got her for christmas.

the light that leeches is the one that goes all around the border of the display screen? and not say a single line that goes down the middle of the screen?

On one or two clips she has the light can be a small distraction but not so bad that it makes viewing impossible.

• Advertisement

Profiler wrote: »
    I had a look at the girlfriends 16gb Touch which I got her for christmas.

the light that leeches is the one that goes all around the border of the display screen? and not say a single line that goes down the middle of the screen?

On one or two clips she has the light can be a small distraction but not so bad that it makes viewing impossible.
    The light bleeds about half an inch up from the home button to the right edge of the screen, from there it extends to the left and fades the further you go along however its a big distraction as when your holding it to view a video the half inch section effected is a different brightness level which is very annoying, I sent an e-mail to apple and got a blank reply back with the title Apple Product Replacement Request ********** case id number

I'll have to wait and see if I hear anything else from them now I'll give it a day or two.

The light bleeds about half an inch up from the home button to the right edge of the screen, from there it extends to the left and fades the further you go along however its a big distraction as when your holding it to view a video the half inch section effected is a different brightness level which is very annoying, I sent an e-mail to apple and got a blank reply back with the title Apple Product Replacement Request ********** case id number

I'll have to wait and see if I hear anything else from them now I'll give it a day or two.

OK, well the GF's doesn't do that. Perhaps take a picture of it and send a link of it to Apple... other than that not sure, maybe post a copy of this in the Mac forum and see if someone there can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

sounds like a scratch on the screen. I remember having this problem with an old 30gb ipod video. I sent it back to apple in the same way you did and they didn't repair it.

I was subsequently told there was a deep scratch on the screen and that I wasn't covered. I just left it at that and continued using the ipod. I still have the same ipod today.

Advertisement