Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this car anygood...

Options
  • 13-01-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Thinking about getting a Chevrolet Lacetti SX (2005), don't know to much about them, should i stay clear??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I wouldnt be spending my money on it. Dunno about reliability but boring, has a nasty interior, Shocking residuals and impossible to sell on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭road_2_damascus

Iamhere wrote: »
    Thinking about getting a Chevrolet Lacetti SX (2005), don't know to much about them, should i stay clear??

I never heard of it... try looking on www.car-survey.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

maybe http://www.carsurvey.org/ ?

nice site

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Daewoo are pretty good- its a budget family car, tends to have a good spec list and a reasonable warranty. Personally I don't like the handling- but then I'm used to heavy diesel estates.

It was featured on Topgear a while back- they weren't very impressed with it- think it was called 'a small cheap bubble', and the implication was that while it was really cheap to run- that its resale value was atrocious- and not to buy one if you ever intended to resell it. That said- it was top of their 'Reasonably Priced Car' board for the 10th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

these budget cars are ok, but the build quality is usually poor, and they'll be rattling like a shopping trolley in a few years. stick to the better built brands, they're alot cheaper now and will last alot longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Went into the local dealer on Saturday and he was really pushing the Lacetti, i had being thinking of corolla with my budget around 02 but a 05 lacetti for the same kind of money is interesting, overall all i don't want anything flash, just reliable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It really depends on the price. top gear use one as their reasonably priced car around the track...thats not a good thing as in reality its pulling the p1ss out of it. There's loads of these things unsold for ages. Dont know about the reliability but they are supposed to be a pretty average car at best. If the dealer is pushing it on you he's probably trying to get shot of the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 17 riccardo

2005 Chevrolet lacetti with low mileage should be a reasonably good bet if you do not plan to sell the car on for a while (ie run it into the ground!!). You will probably pay €6500 at dealers but you should find one privately for €4000.
    Make sure that the car has a service history.
    These cars employ older GM technology (think 1999-2005 astra engines) but in saying that they are generally regarded as reliable.
    However with that kind of money and the way motor dealers are clamouring for cash...its a buyers market....bid low and see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

They're rubbish. The build quality isn't great, and the E-Tec engines have a habit of eating heat gaskets.

They aren't great to drive either, and they have a fairly stiff gearbox.

Buy an older Mondeo or equivalent instead. It'll be worth it in the long run.

Advertisement