Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HBK Shawn Michaels

• 13-01-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Would anyone like to see him get another title run?

Ok he doesnt really need another title run but he is one the best workers in WWE at the moment and he is Mr. Wrestlemania and with his current storyline with JBL it would nice to have it end with him getting a title match at WM - its a shame he is out of the RR (fingers crossed he still might enter) it would see him win again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He's gonna win the title at WM25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

hbk winning another title would probably equal my greatest markout moment in pro-wrestling. its hard to believe he has only won 3 wwf titles in his time and of course that three week world title reign in 2002 :( thats nothing especially when you consider HHH with 12 titles and rock with like 7 or 8 in his short time there

flair was winning world title after world title in his early 40s, i can't see how putting the belt on shawn for say 3-4 months would harm the product, his workrate far exceeds 90% of the current roster, its seems a logical choice i would have thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

One of the greatest of all time (debatably the greatest). He deserves another run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

source?

We need to source predicitions now? I wouldnt be suprised if he did either, his workrate puts guys half his age to shame, when you look at guys like Carlito, who do nothing but bitch and whinge then do nothing with whats given them, and then look at Shawn, who could get in the ring on his own and have a better match with himself than some of the guys on the roster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

source?

Oh no! Not the second coming of Rovert :eek:

krudler wrote: »
    We need to source predicitions now?

Sorry bro, thought you were saying it was definite. :o

Because i agree with you.
    Oh no! Not the second coming of Rovert

:p i was waiting to see who would say that

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

It would be a good story line if shawn did win the title and JBL blackmailed him to give it to him as he is his employer, then JBL would then defend it illegally and a wrestler would beat him then have it over ruled as shawn didn't defend his title, a bit a fair fetched i know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Doubt he will be in a title match in WM25 unless JBL beat Cena at the Royal Rumble.

Match for WM25 will be JBL V HBK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Both JBL and HBK are from Texas. WM 25 is coming from Texas. For an end to their current storyline it would make sense for HBK to win the title from JBL at WM - JBL might win at RR against Cena or at No Way Out in the Elimination Chamber Match

Opinions !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

JP Liz wrote: »
    Both JBL and HBK are from Texas. WM 25 is coming from Texas. For an end to their current storyline it would make sense for HBK to win the title from JBL at WM - JBL might win at RR against Cena or at No Way Out in the Elimination Chamber Match

Opinions !

thats a fairly spot on assesment of the way i see it goin too!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Opinions !

Its very possible - however, do you think they'll take the title off Cena already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

brolly wrote: »
    Its very possible - however, do you think they'll take the title off Cena already?

with raw ratings as good as anytime in the last 10 months

be a brave man or woman that would take the strap off of cena atm and put it on jbl :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

just got me thinking......i have a sneakin suspicion that it could end up with austin and micheals at wm. dont ask me how were goin to get to that point and not even sure if austins neck is up to it.......that would get vinces comeback seriously seriously over!!!!!

Opinions !

Then possibly HBK v Cena v JBL?
    Triple Threat?

There are so many ways this could go to be honest, theres way too many possibilities.
    For once mania is hard to call :eek:

Last year it was universally known at SS that taker would get the strap!

I hope somehow Michaels will be allowed in the RR and wins so he can headline WM again after all he is Mr. Wrestlemania

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I hope somehow Michaels will be allowed in the RR and wins so he can headline WM again after all he is Mr. Wrestlemania

Hopefully - what better way to celebrate the 25th anniversary than to have Mr Wrestlemania headline it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I hope so too. With Wrestlemania being in Texas as well, ya just never know. Here's to hoping anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

I reckon there will be some sort of alliance between Cena and HBK after the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Michaels is my all time favourite, but with him walking around like he needs a hip replacement and the god awful sulky face he puts on TV all the time, don't see him getting anywhere near the title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Oh no! Not the second coming of Rovert :eek:

Where is that guy gone anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Degag wrote: »
    Where is that guy gone anyway?

The place where most people who used to like PW are gone, MMA..The biggest fighting sport in the world..Also has taken over how much I used to like PW..MMA>>>>>pw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

source?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thought it mey be time for a bump on this one.

I think HBK has been fantastic in the last few weeks. In fact since wrestklemania last year he was great. It would be a dream to see him hold the title again. His work with Jericho, JBL and now taker has been amazing. Even if he only held the title for a month or so i'd be happy. The return of the cheeky cocky HBK would be a great foil for Ortons bully, hit from behind, cheat and creepy attitude.

If orton comes out as champ from his feud with HHH maybe HBK could be next?

EDIT: In fact i can't remember a time he wasn't fantastic even before last years mania.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Thought it mey be time for a bump on this one.

I think HBK has been fantastic in the last few weeks. In fact since wrestklemania last year he was great. It would be a dream to see him hold the title again. His work with Jericho, JBL and now taker has been amazing. Even if he only held the title for a month or so i'd be happy. The return of the cheeky cocky HBK would be a great foil for Ortons bully, hit from behind, cheat and creepy attitude.

If orton comes out as champ from his feud with HHH maybe HBK could be next?

EDIT: In fact i can't remember a time he wasn't fantastic even before last years mania.

If you read the thread you would see he doesnt want another title run as that would mean a hell of a lot of house shows :)

callaway92 wrote: »
    If you read the thread you would see he doesnt want another title run as that would mean a hell of a lot of house shows :)

I thin k his recent work makes dicussion worthy again.

Even just a one month run, or even just a couple of weeks if he won on raw. Lets say a champ put a challenger out for a week and as punishment was made defend against HBK. HBK wins and two weeks later there is a triple threat at the PPV. Just and idea but a way of giving him the title he deseves but without increasing the workload.

I thin k his recent work makes dicussion worthy again.

Even just a one month run, or even just a couple of weeks if he won on raw. Lets say a champ put a challenger out for a week and as punishment was made defend against HBK. HBK wins and two weeks later there is a triple threat at the PPV. Just and idea but a way of giving him the title he deseves but without increasing the workload.

It would make him look weak though..Look at Orton at Summerslam 04 and then losing to HHH less than a month later..That crushed him

It would make him look weak though..Look at Orton at Summerslam 04 and then losing to HHH less than a month later..That crushed him

Triple Threat, he wouldn't have to lose :D

Edit: Also giving him as short wwe title run would have an extra benefit, it wouldn't take away from the belt. In three years only 5 guys have been wwe champ.

Edge RVD & John Cena Philadelphia 07-03-06
    John Cena Edge Toronto 09-17-06
    Randy Orton n/a Chicago 10-07-07
    Triple H Randy Orton Chicago 10-07-07
    Randy Orton Triple H Chicago 10-07-07
    Triple H Randy Orton Baltimore 04-27-08
    Edge Triple H Boston 11-23-08
    Jeff Hardy Edge Buffalo, N.Y. 12-14-08
    Edge Jeff Hardy Detroit 01-25-09
    Triple H n/a Seattle 02-15-09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

There's a difference between a well established main eventer and a, at then, relatively young guy on the cusp of main events.

It wont make him look weak if he loses in the right fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I've been catching up on some of Shawn's work over the last few months, he is definatley top of his game at the moment, but I don't think he needs another World title run. It's the same with Ric Flair, he never needed a 17th World title reign, we all would have loved it, it wouldn't have ruined business, but he didn't want i and I'm sure Shawn doesn't either.

HBK v Orton would be pretty good in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Christ, we've had some run of zombie threads in the last week! Only reason i aint handed out warnings and bans is because i'm guilty of it myself.

Besides, who am I to get in the way of a good discussion? :D

Minto wrote: »
    I've been catching up on some of Shawn's work over the last few months, he is definatley top of his game at the moment, but I don't think he needs another World title run. It's the same with Ric Flair, he never needed a 17th World title reign, we all would have loved it, it wouldn't have ruined business, but he didn't want i and I'm sure Shawn doesn't either.

All true.

On the other hand how mant title runs has edge now 8? HBK only has 3? It just doesn't stack up. Even taker has had title runs he didn't need in recent times so when you compare taker and HBK then why not give him a shot. I'd be surprised if HBK turned down a run (However brief or long) if it was put to him as being for the fans as much as a reward for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

HBK v Orton would be pretty good in time.
    Its been done to death to be honest, if HBK was to feud with someone for the title, i would like to see him against Edge, they had a brief feud a few years ago, but this is a much different Edge these days. One other great reason for a brief title run, who ever took it of him would get a huge rub e.g some upper mid carder such as Punk or MVP if they decide to push either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

On the other hand how mant title runs has edge now 8? HBK only has 3? It just doesn't stack up. Even taker has had title runs he didn't need in recent times so when you compare taker and HBK then why not give him a shot.

To be honest i think all of this is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many title reigns one person has had,as opposed to someone else. HBK's though still great, is a product of the Nineties, when title changes were far less frequent. I doubt very much any wrestlers actually sit down and think "i've only had 2 reigns, and such and such has had four..."... Not even Triple H in my eyes.
    And i don't think at all the bookers look at it from that perspective.

That said, I wouldn't mind HBK getting the old-man title reign later this year, if he is going to retire at the next mania. Have Punk turn heel, and you could have a hot feud right there.

• Advertisement

To be honest i think all of this is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many title reigns one person has had,as opposed to someone else. HBK's though still great, is a product of the Nineties, when title changes were far less frequent. I doubt very much any wrestlers actually sit down and think "i've only had 2 reigns, and such and such has had four..."... Not even Triple H in my eyes.
    And i don't think at all the bookers look at it from that perspective.

That said, I wouldn't mind HBK getting the old-man title reign later this year, if he is going to retire at the next mania. Have Punk turn heel, and you could have a hot feud right there.

Your right its not relevant in the sense of wrestlers sitting around talking about how many titles they held.

I mentioned as it was said Flair never needed his 17th, this made me consider how many HBK has had and pick up on another reaon why, from a fans perspective he could get another run. To me it is relevant in the fact HBK hasn't had 12 title runs, if he had i wouldn't want a title run going to him.

I agree on the punk or edge feud ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Your right its not relevant in the sense of wrestlers sitting around talking about how many titles they held.

I mentioned as it was said Flair never needed his 17th, this made me consider how many HBK has had and pick up on another reaon why, from a fans perspective he could get another run. To me it is relevant in the fact HBK hasn't had 12 title runs, if he had i wouldn't want a title run going to him.
    I agree on the punk or edge feud ideas.

I see where you're coming from there. Totally agree. There's no need as such, to put the belt on him, but if they did, his reigns have been so infrequent, that it wouldn't come across as "jeez...not him again..".

Any reason why he out at the moment?

Is he injured?

RAW could really use him back

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

he sure is missed while he's away. I think he's off just healing himself up after the last few months, not to mention the Wrestlemania match with taker. Both of them are taking time off to heal up some nagging injuries, as opposed to being out with anything serious.
    Speaking of the Wrestlemania match, how scary was Taker's dive over the top? I have to laugh when I think about scary bumps like that and how the guys get up and keep going, and then think about Didier Drogba and how he falls over and gets hurt if you look at him sideways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

jrochie wrote: »
    he sure is missed while he's away. I think he's off just healing himself up after the last few months, not to mention the Wrestlemania match with taker. Both of them are taking time off to heal up some nagging injuries, as opposed to being out with anything serious.
    Speaking of the Wrestlemania match, how scary was Taker's dive over the top? I have to laugh when I think about scary bumps like that and how the guys get up and keep going, and then think about Didier Drogba and how he falls over and gets hurt if you look at him sideways!

I was convinced that was going to be the end of the match very soon after when i saw that nasty Taker dive!!!

• Advertisement

ya really scary seeing a guy his size coming down like that. they pulled out some cool spots after as well like the long 2 counts, really impressive considering taker must have been pretty much out of it after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

I'd love to see HBK get another reign. Although as far as i know, HBK doesn't appear as house shows, and the World Champ is always supposed to be at house shows.

ya thats true, he works a very limited schedule, something like Undertaker, altho id actually say HBK works less house show dates. I'd imagine he will get one more run as champ before he retires, if nothing more than just a way of showing appreciation for what he has done.

IF the undertakers "rest in peace" tour is really (if rumours are to believed) his retirement tour, and the DX invasion tour is the same, (as in HBK hanging up his chaps).

Then what are the chances of a wrestlemania rematch between the two next year.

It could probably stink something rotten seeing as it would be compared to this years....

C-B-G wrote: »
    IF the undertakers "rest in peace" tour is really (if rumours are to believed) his retirement tour, and the DX invasion tour is the same, (as in HBK hanging up his chaps).

Then what are the chances of a wrestlemania rematch between the two next year.

It could probably stink something rotten seeing as it would be compared to this years....

The two lads are off tv. Along with HHH. Have to say i don't miss them at the moment. But when they are back it will be good and should add to the rosters and stories. Maybe WWE will take note, it does no harm to give guys time off. If anything it helps the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If HBK was given the belt, he'd have to go from limited to full time. Taker had to do it when they gave him the strap a couple of years back.

Advertisement