Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Oh god i know i'll get addicted to watching this. I don't really like her,her voice annoys me. Don't know what she will be like as a judge probably afraid to say anything bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

just cowell adding some talent of his own to attract viewers id imagine. gonna be 4 of them now, pity he didnt get rid of that annoying holden. cant stand lookin at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya I have a hatred of Holden and Morgan,

Really stop me enjoying the show. Kelly brooke will be Eye candy but Lets be fair the "Talent" of the judges bar Simon Cowell leaves alot to be desired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya I have a hatred of Holden and Morgan,

Really stop me enjoying the show. Kelly brooke will be Eye candy but Lets be fair the "Talent" of the judges bar Simon Cowell leaves alot to be desired.

I disagree....from what I've seen of past years Cowell seems to have a predefined idea of what he's looking for (thinking of "the show", no doubt, or some future record deal that will make him money) while Morgan definitely seems to have an idea of whether someone is actually talented or not.

Still baseline TV, though not as bad or contrived as the X factor because of the option of having talent other than being a Mariah Carey / Westlife clone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

gone already thats fast
    Kelly Brook has been axed as a judge on Britain's Got Talent after just six days in the job.
    However, after reviewing tapes from the Manchester auditions over the weekend, the programme's producers decided that the show had become too "complicated" with four judges.
    In a statement, Cowell, who created the show, said: "I have genuinely enjoyed working with Kelly, she is absolutely lovely and a complete professional. But its become clear the format doesn't support another judge and we will never add a fourth judge to the panel."
    Production company Talkback Thames added: "Although Kelly brings a huge amount of warmth to the show and we've loved having her on board, the complications it adds to the filming process and format of the show means that unfortunately, and with huge regret, we have agreed with ITV not to proceed with a fourth judge."
    According to The Mirror, the model and presenter is "stunned and very angry" about the decision.

• Advertisement

Glad she is gone should only be three judges anyway,if there was an act on and four judges had to buzz in to stop them we would be waiting all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'd have preferred if they'd given Holden the bullet, would have been nice to ogle at Kelly.

kelly-brook-picture-6%5B2%5D.jpg

Starts back on tv this Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

terrible show. would they not just do a europe wide one, much better

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved to Reality TV.

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »
    Starts back on tv this Saturday

yay!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

well first epidosde was on, what did everybody think?
    i thought the boy in the family group was amazing, and the father and son dancers were hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

They should have sent that lad in front of the judges on his own.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Simon doesn't suggest it at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I thought last night's show was one of the funniest yet

Stavros Flatley :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3g2tYelWY

and later on as Simon said OH MY GOD :D:D:D

one brave woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIaESNgrg4E

The fat Greek father and son Michael Flatleys were funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

chinas got talent better imo. absolute rubbish.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cant remember their name, but that group of black dancers were amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Susan Boyle was utterly suprising and had an inspired song choice, she better end up in the final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The Gene Kelly impersonator( waving his arms all over the place ) made me laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

It was great last night!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

koolkid wrote: »
    Cant remember their name, but that group of black dancers were amazing.

Flawless:confused: Yeah, they were pretty good but Simon was a bit over dramatic with them in his judging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Was good last night, but Flawless just stole the show, they're unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFR6QyVpi0

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Problem with dance acts is they have no resale value, with singers Cowell can get a few hits out of them but dancers can win, perform at the royal thingy and then....what exactly? Has anyone heard of the kid who won last year since then? no doubt a job as backup dancers to pop acts beckons and they are great but in an age where acts are milked for all they're worth before the label drops them (see almost all previous xfactor winners) they need someone with a bit of mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

snubbleste wrote: »
    Susan Boyle was utterly suprising and had an inspired song choice, she better end up in the final!

She was magnificent, a true talent and her voice should wipe the smirks off the face of the ugly girl at 1.24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

My god. She was amazing. I especially love that song, and her version was amazing - but I would really like to hear it without the audience cheering in the background, so I can appreciate it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

krudler wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of the kid who won last year since then?

He has his own single, numerous music videos, DVDs, promotional jobs and a cult following. Plenty of £££ to be made.

Susan Boyle's performance reminded me of this one from America's Got Talent. Just in the way the audience completely turns around

Usual American tear-jerking story at the beginning, but his performance is pretty amazing, especially when they went from booing to a standing ovation.

JP Liz wrote: »
    The fat Greek father and son Michael Flatleys were funny :D

+1 i thought they were hilarious but can't see them getting to far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

That's the reason I don't watch the American one, the audience are dickheads. But sure they're American, what do I expect!

Flawless stole the show. And Susan Boyle. Both brilliant. Fair fecks to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Susan Boyle was utterly astonishing, she looks like your Great Auntie Doris, but by gawd that voice!!

Stavros Flatley were the funniest ever.

Advertisement