Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Honestly I can't see anyone buying an album from Susan Boyle. Shes overrated and is an average singer compared to Paul Potts. If she was that good she would have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's not something very marketable. It was the same deal with George Sampson, Cowell knew there was little he could do with just a dance act, so he tried to turn him into a singer. But his song panned and now he's kind of in obscurity now.

opening concerts,or even having their own show
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    Without a manager and some sort of guidance they will quickly dissappear much like all those winners of xfactor etc.

do you not think cowell will take them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

It's not something very marketable. It was the same deal with George Sampson, Cowell knew there was little he could do with just a dance act, so he tried to turn him into a singer. But his song panned and now he's kind of in obscurity now.

I agree with you its not something very marketable in..... ireland...but in most places where real Talent is appreciated..I think they'll do just fine.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Headshot wrote: »
    opening concerts,or even having their own show

Ah touche. Plus there are plenty of them too so their own TV show could work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

ImJohn wrote: »
    Julian deserved to be in the final 3, if not final 2. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

me neither , a beautifull piece of music performed beautifully by a very cool man , he was the only finalist i saw throughout the show and i was rooting for him but having seen DIVERSITY perform thier winning act , i know the best act won , outstandingly awesome

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Diversity with proper planning and a good stage production company behind them could produce their own shows in the same line as Riverdance did just from the Eurovision.
    Whats to stop them creating a show based around a storyline and bringing it to a national theatre or big venue!

Julian Smith hopefully with get that recording contract. I'd seriously would buy his album.
    I've bought similar before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I agree with you its not something very marketable in..... ireland...but in most places where real Talent is appreciated..I think they'll do just fine.:pac:

What about George Sampson? He's not exactly setting Britain, never mind the world, a light is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

He was average at best. Diversity are way more talented/

What about George Sampson? He's not exactly setting Britain, never mind the world, a light is he?

He's currently doing a major London show as the main act.
    Give him time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I love to go and see Stavros at a show if they both could make their dancing last about a hour at least :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

JP Liz wrote: »
    I love to go and see Stavros at a show if they both could make their dancing last about a hour at least :D

quite a high chance that theyd collapse 15 minutes into it.:p

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

basquille wrote: »
    Susan Boyle has it in the bag unfortunately!

If not, I'll come back here and eat my hat!

You best stick your hat in the oven Basquille :p

I'd be gobsmacked if she won at this stage.

Sorry to bring this up :D but post a video when you're done :p

Did you actually watch their performance...comparing them to George Sampson IMO...is a punishable crime.:)

G.S was a one man act,it takes a lot of talent,practise and discipline to produce such a syncronized and almost flawless performance considering their age difference....those little chaps are not even 10 yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hat.jpg

That's so fecking hillarious....but to be honest I think they were quite good.

LOL prob' true but by heavens, they were entertaining and thats what makes a great show.

I have a sneaking suspicion we have not see the last of Stavros. He seems to be a mad, funny character.
    Guest Tv shows will love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

I would say music videos would be likely coming for them.
    I dont know i thought the little kids were the best :)

Julian Smith is the UK's answer to Kenny G - he has a big future ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

I got them at 20s this mornin so thats €200 better off for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They mentioned the other night he had a dvd out that went to number one in the dvd charts in the UK,he has a sell out tour and his actually very brilliant performance at the semi finals last night won't do him any harm. I'm fairly certain he is doing quite well for himself. I read in one of the papers he got a £1million deal with some prodcution company (don't know if it was Simon Cowell's). But I would reckon that is not doing do badly tbh.

As for the winner,so glad Diversity won,they were really good and was fed up with Susan Boyle at this stage. Stavros were hilarious but I never expected them to get to the last 3 based on the type of act they did,but I though the 12 year old singer shoudl have been in the last 3...Shaeen or something? He was really good.

Can't believe I am actually posting at length about this,its probably the first time I have posted about a reality tv show because I hate reality tv. It was just the wailing child last night that caught my attention while my parents were watching it,so I watched the finale tonight! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

I thought Signature were meant to perform tonight. Anybody know what happened?

Think you're about a year too late there mate,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

tvnutz wrote: »
    Think you're about a year too late there mate,

Eh no actually. They were scheduled to perform like Paul Potts, Farryl Smith etc have earlier in the week.

Eh no actually. They were scheduled to perform like Paul Potts, Farryl Smith etc have earlier in the week.

No,don't believe that was ever the case...was only the semi's they had past people on for. Otherwise surely George Sampson would have been performing for the final as he won it last year.

They were backstage they were shown on Britain's Got More Talent dont know why they didnt perform :confused:

BTW does the live show come to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

JP Liz wrote: »
    BTW does the live show come to Ireland?
    For the love of God no!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

basquille wrote: »
    Susan Boyle has it in the bag unfortunately!

If not, I'll come back here and eat my hat!

:D:D:D
    So.......

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

There's a picture of the hat awaiting consumption one page behind you. ;)

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8076413.stm
    Susan Boyle 'admitted to clinic'

Susan Boyle was runner-up in the talent show on Saturday night
    Britain's Got Talent's star Susan Boyle has been admitted to a private London clinic, it is being reported.

The Sun said the Scottish singer has been admitted to the Priory clinic with exhaustion a day after she was runner-up in ITV1 talent show final.

Poor woman's burnt out already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

There's a picture of the hat awaiting consumption one page behind you. ;)

haha good. But im still awaiting a moderater with a mouth full of Cap

Advertisement