Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry all.. been busy the last day or two.

Plus got a serious case of indigestion from eating my own hat! :D

Before the final, I would have said Diversity were the deserved winner. But I still stand by Flawless had the better performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Susan Boyle was admitted to The Priory yesterday evening after suffering an emotional breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

seanybiker wrote: »
    Its not fair on kids at all. They cant understand if they dont win it doesnt mean they are bad.
    Ratings grabbing stuff

I disagree with you...the show should be open to all ages.We have seen some extraordinary performances from all children as young as 5 to even grand-dads as old as 78...this is what makes the programme unique...just because some child decides to exhibit traits that she is accustomed to at home on stage doesn't means we should ban the whole lot.

Shaheen and the Dancer performed well and they were under similar pressures...we cannot exclude them in future .Some of the kids in Diversity were as young as five and we didnt see them crack up on stage..because mummy was smiling at them.

The same utter nonsense we hear about scrapping exams in primary schools because children get very upset when they fail their exams...and yet they have to compete with Indian and Chinese kids in a few years time...they wouldn't cope either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Mod edit: Next time someone gets banned.

Edit this post again and you get banned. That is a promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The dad from Stavros Flatly should get his own talk show. He's a naturally funny guy, very likable and well able to talk on camera. He must be greek or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The dad from Stavros Flatly should get his own talk show. He's a naturally funny guy, very likable and well able to talk on camera. He must be greek or something.
    Nah, don't think he's Greek. I'm not sure what nationality he is and there's not much to go on, but I reckon there might be a clue in the letters he has tattoo'd on he belly.....C.Y.P.R.U.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

He's a Greek Cypriot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity have been cast in Vertigo's 3D film StreetDance, reports ScreenDaily.

The dance troupe's rivals Flawless will also appear in the movie, which begins production this August and will be the first British film to be shot in 3D. Last year's BGT winner George Sampson is also expected to star in the project.

Vertigo co-founder James Richardson said that he was alerted to the dance acts after seeing them perform at the UK Street Dance Championships last July.

"When I saw Flawless and Diversity last summer I immediately started talking to them about being in the film as I felt they represented the very best of British streetdance," he said.

The plot will see them forced to share training space with ballet dancers from the Royal Dance School. They reluctantly team up and take part in the Street Dance Championships.

Ad and music video helmers Max and Dania will direct the project from a script by Jane English. Vertigo, who produced Danny Dyer vehicles The Football Factory and The Business, will distribute the movie the UK.

good luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Thought somebody might be interested in the breakdown of votes from the Final of BGT - The votes from all of the semi's are also in the link

Here are the percentage breakdown figures for the public voting on last week's shows...

The Final

Act % of vote in SF

Diversity 24.9%
    Susan Boyle 20.2%
    Julian Smith 16.4%
    Stavros Flatley 16.3%
    Aidan Davis 6.5%
    Hollie Steel 3.9%
    Shaheen Jafargholi 3.8%
    Flawless 3.6%
    Shaun Smith 3.4%
    2 Grand 1%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Wow i thought Flawless would have been higher than that, they seemed to be pretty popular!

Delighted Diversity won though.

Terrible vote trend there IMO.

Flawless deserved more, not forgetting the excellent Shaheen got less than JT wannabe and Hollie Steel! :rolleyes:

Anyways, the real question is how did 2 Grand get a whole percent of the public vote?!

Clearly was rounded up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

basquille wrote: »
    The real question is how did 2 Grand get a whole percent of the public vote?!

Clearly was rounded up! :D

Awwwwww but they were lovely :D

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

A new low in advertising is reached.:eek:

Advertisement