Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Normally, I can't stand this type of show, but I love BGT. It's the perfect demonstration of the human mind's capacity for kidding itself. I mean, why would someone who can fart the Walting Matilda in C minor*, possibly think that it's a talent worth sharing? (Would love to see that being performed at the Royal Variety though, just for the look on Queenie's face).

But seriously though, there was some kid on yesterday, 'playing' his nose!

Also, there's something indefinably sexy about Piers Morgan.

*Obviously, that's a made up example purely to highlight the point i'm attempting to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Jamie Pugh was brillant (he was the male version of Susan Boyle)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Susan Boyle at 22: Early Performance Revealed!

Not sure where else to post this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

JP Liz wrote: »
    Jamie Pugh was brillant (he was the male version of Susan Boyle)

I don't think he was brillant, he had a nice voice but i didnt think it was anything special. He still had me in tears though.
    I thought the girl sue playing the violin was good but the backing track seemed to play alot of the music so it was hard to tell what she was playing and how good she really was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

I mean, why would someone who can fart the Walting Matilda in C minor*, possibly think that it's a talent worth sharing?.

Damn you, was just about to youtube that untill i read to the end. I hang my head in shame.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Damn you, was just about to youtube that untill i read to the end. I hang my head in shame.:mad:

Don't be too disappointed. Beleive it or not, some guy's just been on tonight, done almost exactly what I said in my original post.
    Quite frankly, i'm stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

So that Opera guy was fantastic wasnt he?
    This is the first year ive been able to keep watching this type of show.
    Americas got talent is just dire imo and previous seasons of BGT didnt keep me occupied for more then 10 mins but this year i believe its the most entertaining programme on at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Cant believe they let that loon of an old priest on the show never mind actually putting him through. Perfect way to represent Ireland!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Mad_Max wrote: »

Cant believe they let that loon of an old priest on the show never mind actually putting him through. Perfect way to represent Ireland!:rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. I recognised him as soon as he appeared on TV. For someone like Piers Morgan (a former newspaper editor) to not recognise the guy who ran onto the track at Silverstone during the British GP, or the guy who ran onto the marathon course at Athens 2004 and ruined the chances of the Brazilian runner who was leading at the time by hauling him to the ground, is pretty bad in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

the way amanda holden claps really annoys me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Yeah, she reminds me of a seal when she claps in amazement that someone is actually good.

Very wierd tonight when the 200 people in ''bootcamp'' I think it was called were called back, they all were wearing the same clothes, same facepaints (for some) eg Susan Boyle wearing the same dress, no dyed hair (you could tell the last episode wasn't done recently).

Anyway The semi's start tomorrow night with the toughest group I think in it (Susan Boyle, Diversity, the electric violin player and the Little Girl singing)

Heres the semi-finalists:
    Aidan Davis – Dancer
    Ben and Becky – Ballroom Dancers
    Brit Chix – Rock Band
    Callum Francis – Musical Theatre
    Darth Jackson – Michael Jackson/ Darth Vader Impersonator
    DCD Seniors – Dance Troupe
    Diversity – Street Dancers
    DJ Talent – Rapper
    Dream Bears – Comedy Dancers
    Fabia Cerra – Burlesque Dancer
    Faces of Disco – Comedy Dancers
    Flawless – Street Dancers
    Floral High Notes – Flower Arranging and Opera Singing
    Fred Bowers – Breakdancer
    Gareth Oliver – Comedy Impersonator
    Good Evans – Family Singing Group
    Greg Pritchard – Male Soprano
    Harmony – Musical Theatre
    Hollie Steel – Singer/ Dancer
    Hot Honeyz – Dancers
    Jackie Prescott and Tippy Toes – Dog Act
    Jamie Pugh – Singer
    Julia Naidenko – Belly Dancer
    Julian Smith – Saxophonist
    Kay Oresanya – The Living Saxophone
    Luke Clements – Juggler/ Street Performer
    Mama Trish – Drag Act
    Martin Machum – Guitarist
    MD Showgroup – Dancers
    Merlin Cadogan – Physical Performer
    Natalie Okri – Singer
    Nick Hell – Street Performer
    Shaheen Jafargholi – Singer
    Shaun Smith – Singer
    Stavros Flatly – Comedy Dancers
    Sue Son – Violinist
    Sugarfree – Street Dancers
    Susan Boyle – Singer
    The Barrow Boys – Wheelbarrow Dancing
    2 Grand - Singers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

i thought Susan Boyle wasn't as good as she was at the auditions,

Diversity were good.

Piers was really rude to Nick Hell. he didn't need to say those things in such a way. They put him through to the final ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Diversity and Susan Boyle will sail through tonight I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I really dont like that Susan Boyle - I think she has made it already and is milking this now - Diveristy are sooooooooooo much better

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

he's a lovely man that simon, making a little girl cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

This show is sick.

Is making children cry Sunday night entertainment now?

Absolute lowest common denominator television.

Really having a 10 yo girl on the competition is ridiculous. She honestly thought she'd do great. They put stars in her eyes and now she is heartbroken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 shaqmac

Diversity and Susan Boyle will sail through tonight I think!

and so they did.

I felt the judges were a bit mean with nick hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

irish-stew wrote: »
    he's a lovely man that simon, making a little girl cry

and would you prefer if he put her through? even though diversity were the better act? everyone is upset when they don't get through, just because she is ten years old doesn't mean she should be given special treatment.

and would you prefer if he put her through? even though diversity were the better act? everyone is upset when they don't get through, just because she is ten years old doesn't mean she should be given special treatment.

Age requirement: 15+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Thank God they chose Diversity.

I really believe that they should put an age limit on it. Anyone 16 or over. Cute little girls will always win over the majority of the public.

It was sad to see Natalie's heart broken. She is very young and shouldn't be subjected to the disappointment. I do believe, however, that Diversity were the better act.

I am already sick of Susan Boyle :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

fair enough, but then you miss out on talent as well. Look at Connie, from 2 years ago.

fair enough, but then you miss out on talent as well. Look at Connie, from 2 years ago.

Yes, she was way too young. It was more a matter of cuteness than talent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

If she's talented then she'll surely stay talented until she's 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

They drowned out Natalie with the backing music tonight. Such a terrible song choice as well. Diversity should win. Sure Susan Boyle is talented but she has already done extremely well and undoubtingly will get a record contract. Diversity on the other hand would benefit greatly from winning the show.

It will be interesting to see how that young Iranian lad does and Flawless also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Darth Jackson really shouldn't have taken off his helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Nick Hell was a sick act...really...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ5Csf-MV7M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

They drowned out Natalie with the backing music tonight. Such a terrible song choice as well. Diversity should win. Sure Susan Boyle is talented but she has already done extremely well and undoubtingly will get a record contract. Diversity on the other hand would benefit greatly from winning the show.

It will be interesting to see how that young Iranian lad does and Flawless also.

Yea i agree about the song choice, i really thought see was good when she sung alica keys, but that song choice and the backing music was just terrible...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Diversity defo deserved to go through as did Susan Boyle. But Flawless who are on tonights show are very similar to diversity.
    Anyone see on Britains Got More Talent when they were talking about Jamie Pugh singing tonight Simon said to Amanda how it would be awkward after what she said in the papers for her. Any idea what he was talking about im dying to know???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Just seen the acts there now, that young girl just wasn't better than diversity. Its tough on her but if she's not the type of girl that can handle that level of dissapointment her parents should never have let her go on, knowing that she would in all likihood fail.

There probably should be an age limit but the young kids are good tv for Cowell media so that won't happen.

I can't wait to see stavros flatley and see what they do! Loved their audition but surely they can't do that again.

Advertisement