Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Julian Smith will get through in the next semi.. Sax player. Hopefully anyways that will bring a bit of variety!

Flawless FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

why is it that within three years of this show, whoever is on last in the semifinals always gets the public vote?
    Scam?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

why is it that within three years of this show, whoever is on last in the semifinals always gets the public vote?
    Scam?
    Could be that the producers tend to keep the best acts until last to ensure that viewers stay tuned until the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Scam?

Because people are fickle?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

Scam?

i hadn't even thought of that. That's mad! They were a right strange bunch on it last night between the "Saxaphone" and the flower arranging! Delighted that little fella Shaheen got thrugh but was surprised Stavros Flatley did too. I didn't think they were half as good as they were the last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah they do that every year. the people they want to go through they put them last

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭unichick

Stavros Flately is a one trick pony! Can't believe they got through either. No talent compared to the Liverpool dancers. Forgot about that saxaphone guy. I thought Holly the little girl singer and Aidan the dancer will get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Scam?

Wouldn't you think that Susan B would be in the last one if that was the case! She is hot favorite and has gotten lots of publicity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Stavros Flatley to win!

Susan Boyle doesnt need to win

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

unichick wrote: »
    Stavros Flately is a one trick pony! Can't believe they got through either. No talent compared to the Liverpool dancers. Forgot about that saxaphone guy. I thought Holly the little girl singer and Aidan the dancer will get through.

I thought the liverpool dancers were poor. Good message they have and all, but imo their performance was boring.

• Advertisement

An octet of all-of-a-flutter performers await the biggest chance of their lives!
    If you suffered Britain's Got Talent withdrawal symptoms last night, when the football stole talent's spot in the schedules, never fear! BGT is back, and bursting with top entertainment!

In alphabetical order, the acts on stage tonight will be:
    2 Grand - singers
    Brit Chix - rock band
    Callum Francis - singer
    Fabia Cerra - burlesque
    Fred Bowers - dancer
    Jackie Prescott & Tippy Toes - animal act
    Julian Smith - saxophonist
    Sugar Free - dance troupe

And George Sampson, the winner of Britain's Got Talent 2008, will be Thursday's very special star guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was crying over the grandfather and granddaughter act, I love the song but they were so cute together...I really hope that they get through to the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I love the 4 babes with the violins .

having said that I think I have had my fill of BGT .To much is to much

bless the mute button on remotes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Best line ever of Simon Cowell's 'I'm not in this for the money'
    *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

So glad the Saxaphone guy got through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

so what's the lineup for the final?

diversity
    flawless
    susan boyle
    stavros flatley
    Shawn Smith
    shaheen jafargholi
    Julian Smith
    2 grand

and who else got through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The Bollox wrote: »
    so what's the lineup for the final?

diversity
    flawless
    susan boyle
    stavros flatley
    Shawn Smith
    shaheen jafargholi
    Julian Smith
    2 grand

and who else got through?

Two more will proceed tonight. I expect the young dancer will be one of these.

Aidan Davis
    DCD Seniors
    Good Evans
    Greg Pritchard
    Hollie Steel
    Luke Clements
    Martin Machum
    The Dream Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That little girl breaking down and crying... and her mother shouting "can she do it again?"

Poor thing to be honest!

But cringe all the same! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Did anyone else just see that?! And that's the reason kids shouldn't be on these kinds of shows. Poor child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Fair play to Simon Cowell, he has a heart after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

SW81 wrote: »
    Did anyone else just see that?! And that's the reason kids shouldn't be on these kinds of shows. Poor child.
    I have to agree... I mean people may take sympathy on her and put her through but she'd be even more "fragile" in the final.

It's not that she's too young.. she's clearly not ready for it!

Calum Francis and Shaheen Jafargholi probably weren't much older and they got through.
    stepbar wrote:
    Fair play to Simon Cowell, he has a heart after all!
    To be honest.. Cowell can say they'll find the time, but the producers may not be able to find the time. They were already rushing through the Good Evans judges comments.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I agree - there should be an age limit.

I cringed and shook my head but in a way I actually feel sorry for her.

If she does it in her second time through however it will get ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

I agree. Children shouldn't have to perform in front of the whole of Britain and Ireland at that age, anyone would find that extremely nerve-wracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I never watch these shows,have seen some of the youtube videos of the ones that keep getting mentioned in the papers but its on the tv at the moment being watched by my parents and this has to be one of the most horrible things I have ever seen on tv.

Poor kid,children shouldn't be allowed on the show,not that young anyway. Maybe have an age limit of 15+ because what I just saw was horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

FFS seriously I'm sick to death of the sympathy angle.

The child clearly had a little plan to break down during her song.

Not a tear in her eyes:rolleyes:

I hate kids.

Sorry mods, just saw the BGT thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Pure bollocks that she gets another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's a joke though. Whether she's a cute kid or not...the fact that she broke down and gets another chance will only get her into the final at the expense of someone talented who doesn't break down. Think of the people who've been eliminated already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its not fair on kids at all. They cant understand if they dont win it doesnt mean they are bad.
    Ratings grabbing stuff

Advertisement