Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Does anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable watching the Meowing Dog hugging the little kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

personally i thought the family were a lot better than scary guy with horribl high voice. now do they make the little girl cry again?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

how on earth did they vote that child through when it's obvious she can't handle the pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

The dancer didn't look too cocky at the vote - looked a bit humbled.

Though the girl dance group should have gone through.....

do they make the little girl cry again?

Course they don't.

Diversity for the win tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

how on earth did they vote that child through when it's obvious she can't handle the pressure?

The same thing will happen again i reckon. I might actually have to watch this final even though I never watch these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

People are whining about the girl having no confidence and getting overwhelmed, people are whining about the fella being overconfident (didn't see that at all tbh :confused:), how perfectly do you expect ten and eleven year old kids to handle this? No pleasing people really

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That kid is not breakdancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Frank3142

In the words of Didier Drogba "IT'S A ****ING DISGRACE"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

tvnutz wrote: »
    right...i reckon the dancing kid gets first,crying girl gets second and both are in the final :P

You called it well, nutz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

Anyone see flawless they were unreal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I didnt find the young fella to be cocky at all to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    Anyone see flawless they were unreal!!!
    Yes, I'd go as far as to say they were........Flawless!!!

*gets coat and leaves, quickly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

35notout wrote: »
    The dancer didn't look too cocky at the vote - looked a bit humbled.

Though the girl dance group should have gone through.....

i agree they were hot hot hot ..........niiiiiiice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

This is what Susan Boyle thought of Hollie first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so whose going to win

iv backed Shaheen Jafargholi

but after tonights performace Aidan Davis really has a brilliant chance

hard one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I wonder if Paddy Power is taking odds on Hollie to cry again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

It's sad to see anyone breakdown on telly but saying aww she's 10 she should have been given another go isn't fair given the other 10 year old girl on the first semi had to stand on the stage be herself when she lost the judges vote, I bet she would have liked her mum there with her and the 12 year old yesterday, Callum Francis, was able to take the judges voting him off. Those kids managed under the pressure. It's really not fair on the other acts whom would all prob say they had nerves and would have loved another go. And calling her brave, ugh, sorry maybe I'm just heartless but I didn't see what was brave about it. She messed up and got another chance which no one else would have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I didnt see much tears tbf and she was awfully demanding for another shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ProperDeadly

While I feel sorry for the little girl and all that, I really don't think it was fair to offer her another go. What if one of the dancers fell a few times? Would they give them another go? I don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

mufc4lfe wrote: »
    i agree they were hot hot hot ..........niiiiiiice

Half of them looked like they came out of willy wonka's chocolate factory with that orange crap all over them bunch of oompa loompa's

oompaloompa-192x195.png?w=192&h=195

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Looking back at the video on youtube, she seems perfectly composed until her little performance.

phasers wrote: »
    Looking back at the video on youtube, she seems perfectly composed until her little performance.

just had a look and while I might, with a massive pinch of salt, buy the first round of tears but when she's told there isn't time for her to sing again those tears felt so fake and put on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I think if Holly had gone up there and just sang the song exactly as she did the second time, she would definitely have been in at least the top three. Everyone's saying she only got through because of the sympathy vote, but I think she'd have gotten through anyways - it's a pity really that she won't get credit for that now. Having said that it was a fairly poor night, she wasn't exactly facing much competition.

I don't think she's much chance of winning overall though, she's good but there's a lot better than her in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I hate those chuffin' Billy Barry type kids. Their parents should be reported for a form of abuse. How can kids of 10 spout lines like .....It's all I've ever wanted to do........etc
    That kid who bawled should not have been there (until she is ready in a few years) and shame on her parents for not guiding her properly.

aoibhebree wrote: »
    I think if Holly had gone up there and just sang the song exactly as she did the second time, she would definitely have been in at least the top three. Everyone's saying she only got through because of the sympathy vote, but I think she'd have gotten through anyways - it's a pity really that she won't get credit for that now. Having said that it was a fairly poor night, she wasn't exactly facing much competition.

I agree it was the weakest of the semi's and I figured her and the young lad doing the popping we're going to walk it before it even started. When she broke down I thought wow now I wonder whose getting the second spot and was really shocked when the judges put her through. I really thought they'd all say look it's too much but make sure to come back next year esp after not putting the 12 year old through yesterday saying he had time to try again and the grandfather didn't.

I think if Holly had gone up there and just sang the song exactly as she did the second time, she would definitely have been in at least the top three. Everyone's saying she only got through because of the sympathy vote, but I think she'd have gotten through anyways

Nah, I'd have backed her from the start had she gotten through the song.

My problem with her comes from the fact that she broke down mid-song. That shows she doesn't have the composure to compete and win...which would put every single other performance in the semi's ahead of her by default in a fair world. You can argue "Jesus what do you expect from a 10-year old?" but to that, once again, I say that she shouldn't enter at that age if she can't handle it.

Or, more accurately, her mother should've realised that her daughter could crumble under the pressure of performing in front of millions...and not entered her in a show that REQUIRED her to perform in front of millions. Could she not have waited a year or two until she was more mature and ready?

Fact is...if it had happened to Julian or Flawless or Susan Boyle...they wouldn't have gotten a second chance. So, in a fair, just competition with all competitors vying for a big prize, you can't have one rule for one and not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

While she did sound pretty good and all that, and yes she did get freaked out when she flubbed the line...

Notice when they say she can sing again she's ok, but then when Ant and Dec say she probably can't, she actually starts stamping her feet. She had that tantrum on the stage, screaming "PLEEEEEEEEASE????!!", and low and behold she got what she wanted.

She shouldn't have gotten the second go. 10 years old or not, she should have known, and her parents certainly should have known, the pressure of performing to such a huge audience. The mum should be ashamed of herself. She went on stage, consoled her daughter for about 5 seconds, and then went straight to the judges "can she go again??!!"
    And then Holly started screaming and shouting because she didn't get her way.

The mum should have stepped in, clearly she isn't ready for the pressures of performing, she should have decided to bring her back next year or something.
    What will they do if the same thing happens tomorrow, or if she wins and has a tantrum in front of the Queen?

I know it's harsh, but she really did act like a spoiled brat on the stage, and the mum was way too pushy.

But those are my 2 cents.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No matter if the 'tears' were real or fake, she should not have been put through for tomorrow's show by the judges. If she couldn't handle the pressure of a semi-final how's she meant to cope with a higher viewership in a high pressure final??
    The judges should have told her kindly she did well to sing again but perhaps she should come back again in a year or so when she's matured a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Holly the brat shouldnt have got a second chance to perform - she was very demanding (i wonder were the tears an act to get the sympathy vote)

Advertisement