Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 09 Volkswagen

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I saw one today and it looked very 4x4 even with 18"s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

It would look the business if it was lowered. Would changing the springs have any impact on the warranty?

Oh, well done on getting the 8% out of him, i'd say thats a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Even looking at it lowered it's as if they arches are too square that they don't hug into the wheels enough... Lovely car though, had a sit in one in the local VW. Had a good 20 mile drive in a 2.0tsi dsg, phenominal engine and gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

My boyfriend worked selling new cars for the last number of years. Most new cars only have 8.5% margin in total, when people asked our dealership for the best price it was/is 5% off until May, 6% until September and 7% in the last quarter of the year.
    Granted this last year is different and yes the bargin is out there to be had so 6% is as good as it gets, if you want 10% + then you should look at either second hand models or the end of older models i.e. the 2008 shape VW Golf there are a lot of them to be had even though you can get the newer model, you can pick up a new 2009 reg VW Golf comfortlin even though it is last years shape for around 20,000 if you push the salesman (reduced from 24,000) or the 2008 Audi A3 shape for cheaper and including a i-touch and 2years road tax with 6% discount.
    look for the deals but remember theres only so much a franchise dealer can do, or for better deals try bringing in a car from the North with the exchange being so good and for a new car you can make big savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

I'm not sure that's the way it is now. If so, at 8% discount the dealer is making a loss already and he indicated he would possibly discount further to get the sale.

VW Ireland could be offering incentives to sell the cars behind the scenes I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

pureirish wrote: »

VW Ireland could be offering incentives to sell the cars behind the scenes I guess.

Do we have a VW "Ireland" now, not just the official main disti (MSL?) acting as VW Ireland?

I also agree with MarkN, 19" is a joke for a car that size. You'll you spend have the time repairing punctures and buckling the wheels. Also put excessive stress on the suspension.

Such minimal tyre s also makes it look cheaper, like the guys with the oh so popular shiny A8 19" replicas on Golfs.. crawling over speed bumps.

Yes it's still MSL (VW, Audi, Mercedes etc).

The car drove fine with the 19"s, speed bumps pot holes etc didn't seem any problem. These are factory fit extras so I would imagine / hope they have properly tested.

Either way I'm going to give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Either way I'm going to give it a miss.

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yes it's still MSL (VW, Audi, Mercedes etc).

No, it's not.

Looking at an A5 from the uk instead.

• Advertisement

AudiChris wrote: »
    No, it's not.

Oh. What's changed? Did they lose a brand or should I have said MDL?

Oh. What's changed? Did they lose a brand or should I have said MDL?

MDL were the importer for Audi/VW/Mazda/Skoda/Merc.
    MSL are a dealer network that were (are?) owned by MDL.

VAG (the Germans) have taken VW/Audi/Skoda away from MDL and are importing/distributing themselves as VW Group Ireland.
    Mazda Japan took over importing/distributing from MDL a few years ago.

MSL still exist, and own the exact same dealers - nothing's changed for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

AudiChris wrote: »
    MDL were the importer for Audi/VW/Mazda/Skoda/Merc.

MDL are still the importer for Merc.

Correct

Advertisement