Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Rules Test before Driving Test

Options
  • 13-01-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if someone could help me here. My test is coming up and I was wondering about the mini-theory test beforehand. I know its not the most important thing but I aim to do well on it to

(a) Give myself confidence when going out to the car
    (b) Give the tester a good first impression

While I know the questions come from the Rules of the Road book, I was wondering if the list here is pretty much a definitive list of questions, or is it just a smattering?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Buffman

See the sticky thread at the top of the page, I found it helpful.
    Technical Checks and test questions

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

If you know the answer to all those you won't have a problem. You'll be asked at least 6 questions and 6 road signs from each side of the testers sign sheet, thats 18 in total, and if you get 3 or more wrong you'll get a grade 2 fault, which limits you to 7 out on the road.
    The 6 questions will relate to: 1. traffic lights (what does an amber traffic light mean?) 2. dipped headlights (3 examples of when you should dip your headlights) 3. pedestrian crossings (how would you recognise a PC at night?) 4. Roundabouts (who has right of way at a RA?) 5. Overtaking (can you OT on the left?) 6. Road Markings (rules relating to yellow box junction) The tester has to ask you questions from these headings but may ask an extra question on any other topic.
    Watch out for the road signs and make sure you know the sign for Clearway, Pedestrian St & Hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

brian076 wrote: »
    If you know the answer to all those you won't have a problem. You'll be asked at least 6 questions and 6 road signs from each side of the testers sign sheet, thats 18 in total, and if you get 3 or more wrong you'll get a grade 2 fault, which limits you to 7 out on the road.
    The 6 questions will relate to: 1. traffic lights (what does an amber traffic light mean?) 2. dipped headlights (3 examples of when you should dip your headlights) 3. pedestrian crossings (how would you recognise a PC at night?) 4. Roundabouts (who has right of way at a RA?) 5. Overtaking (can you OT on the left?) 6. Road Markings (rules relating to yellow box junction) The tester has to ask you questions from these headings but may ask an extra question on any other topic.
    Watch out for the road signs and make sure you know the sign for Clearway, Pedestrian St & Hospital

Thanks, that's pretty helpful!

Advertisement