Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Audi A4 problem

Options
  • 13-01-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Hi bought an audi a4 last friday, having few problems with it already, for the life of me i cant get the air to de-mist the front windows ive tried everything but it only blows out air everywhere but at the dash where its supposed to clear the condensation off the windscreen? it's driving me crazy! ive done what it says on the manual, hitting the button thing and it blows the air at me, ive even left it for ten mins and the windscreen still wet no difference?!!! is there a simple solution, rather than me having to drive the car 2 hours back to the garage? is this a common fault with audi a4's?? :mad:

also cant get the radio to pick up local stations have tried a hundred times - so annoyin!!

grateful for anyone's advice on these issues...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Does it blow strongly? It's possible that your pollen filter could be clogged. But from what you describe, it sound like an air distribution flap positioning motor may be faulty. But check the pollen filter first - just in case.

As for the radio, it's possible that the aerial wire may have become disconnected or loose or possible broken somewhere.

Did these two problems appear at the same time or have they been there since you collected the car? If so, has any work been done recently in the dash area that may have caused these problems - phone kit, sat nav, alarm, etc, etc....?

EDIT : If you have a guarantee, bring it back and have the dealer sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

try using cold air, its wortha try

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

crosstownk wrote: »
    Does it blow strongly? It's possible that your pollen filter could be clogged. But from what you describe, it sound like an air distribution flap positioning motor may be faulty. But check the pollen filter first - just in case.

As for the radio, it's possible that the aerial wire may have become disconnected or loose or possible broken somewhere.

Did these two problems appear at the same time or have they been there since you collected the car? If so, has any work been done recently in the dash area that may have caused these problems - phone kit, sat nav, alarm, etc, etc....?

EDIT : If you have a guarantee, bring it back and have the dealer sort it out.

Hi thanks for your reply,

Yes it blows strongly, but no air even cold seems to go near the windscreen, only bought the car 4 days ago so was expecting it to be perfect! wouldn't have a clue how to check the pollen filter mate, no work done recently in dash area that i know of, no sat or phone kits? but thanks for the heads up, will prob have to bring it back to the dealer, gutted that i have too do so after 4 days of having it!

regards the radio - theres no aerial on the car, thinks its internal if that makes sense but am not sure either :(

smyths wrote: »

regards the radio - theres no aerial on the car, thinks its internal if that makes sense but am not sure either :(

The aerial is integrated into the rear window and has a booster somewhere between it and the radio.

crosstownk wrote: »
    The aerial is integrated into the rear window and has a booster somewhere between it and the radio.

how do i get it to work then?:)

• Advertisement

how do i get it to work then?:)

It should just work - like any other aerial. All you should have to do is turn the radio on. Most likely your problem is with a connection along the way or with the aerial itself. Best off leaving to the dealer to sort out.

I've only just found out today that this car used to be a taxi!!!! they never mentioned this when they were selling it! i don't think i would of bought it if i had known this- or is it ok am i just being stupid?

what are the disadvantages of buying a car that used to be a taxi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I've only just found out today that this car used to be a taxi!!!! they never mentioned this when they were selling it! i don't think i would of bought it if i had known this- or is it ok am i just being stupid?

You should have checked this out before buying it i.e. getting a cartell report.Dunno if you have any comeback if you didn't ask before purchasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Nothing really that I can see apart from:

It has probably had more engine hours than the odometer dictates eg it could've been left idling for hours in ranks.
    It could've been clocked, what mileage is on yours.

On the plus side, most taxi drivers I've spoken to depend on the car to put food on the table each week so they're serviced by the book at proper intervals.

On the de-misting thing. It might sound stupid but turn the air to the max with demist mode (shouldnt be blowing in your face but up through vents under the windscreen and out of secondary vents to the side windows. It works best with a couple of windows open (circulation) and on cold air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Oh and check the aerial connecter at the back of the stereo. It might've been knocked out of place when uninstalling the taxi meter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Are you sure the button with the UP arrow is lit, because this is the window vent button.

Don't mean to sound patronising, but i know myself it took a while to get used to the digital climate control of my new car compared to the regular control knobs i was used to for so long on my last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Hi bought an audi a4 last friday, having few problems with it already, for the life of me i cant get the air to de-mist the front windows ive tried everything but it only blows out air everywhere but at the dash where its supposed to clear the condensation off the windscreen? it's driving me crazy! ive done what it says on the manual, hitting the button thing and it blows the air at me, ive even left it for ten mins and the windscreen still wet no difference?!!! is there a simple solution, rather than me having to drive the car 2 hours back to the garage? is this a common fault with audi a4's?? :mad:

also cant get the radio to pick up local stations have tried a hundred times - so annoyin!!

grateful for anyone's advice on these issues...

thanks

Yeah mate I have a A4 2002 and had the same problem.Firstly turn off the Auto on the a/c and just have the two buttons for winsheild and middle vents ,this has worked for me but I still get some condensation on the back two windows but not nearly as much,as for the radio sounds like the RDS setting on the radio is off.RDS picks up radio stations.

Advertisement