Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering a Nikon D90

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

Alfie1

Oh, I didn't realise they'd been on in Cork as well. I'm planning to go to the Dublin one next week, it's quite a feat for me to get there - babysitters etc so I'm just wondering if it was any good. I'm really looking forward to it but just hoping it's worth all the effort. Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

spav wrote: »
    They're selling the D90 kit for €969 in Bermingham cameras down on the Quays - it's €999 in Conns. Pretty decent price, considering.

Pretty much got the money saved up - not sure what to do now. Ebay, even if you buy from Hong Kong, is no cheaper than Bermingham. Dunno whether to take the plunge now, not just wait a couple of months and hope prices fall a bit. I really want a new camera by July, so I can hang on if needs be.

That sounds like a good price :) Have you seen that Nikon prices are to increase again in March :eek:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055494544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

mrs aol wrote: »
    Alfie1

Oh, I didn't realise they'd been on in Cork as well. I'm planning to go to the Dublin one next week, it's quite a feat for me to get there - babysitters etc so I'm just wondering if it was any good. I'm really looking forward to it but just hoping it's worth all the effort. Would you recommend it?

Yes, It was on in The Ambassador Hotel on the 8th Feb :) There was about 40 of us there.
    It was a 3 hr course with a coffee break in the middle. I was happy enough with it anyway & learnt a few things. It goes through everything listed on the link in my last post & if you have any questions about anything else they will also cover them
    Enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Id recomend just going for it now because of the price rises planned for march. i dont know if or what the d90 will go up to though. i bought one from the uk last week and it didnt come much cheaper than the bermingham price.
    Still waiting on it :(
    They had to send it in two packages and I got one on tuesday hopefully the other one will come soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,515 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you considered buying mail order from Jessops or Calumet? Jessops are quoting £799 and Calumet are asking £759 for the D90 and 18-105mm kit lens. As far as I am aware Nikon have no problem with the warranty as they seem to treat UK & Ireland as one territory.

If you're dead set on being 'patriotic' then get a quote from Gunns, they're typically the cheapest retailer in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

coylemj wrote: »
    Have you considered buying mail order from Jessops or Calumet? Jessops are quoting £799 and Calumet are asking £759 for the D90 and 18-105mm kit lens. As far as I am aware Nikon have no problem with the warranty as they seem to treat UK & Ireland as one territory.

If you're dead set on being 'patriotic' then get a quote from Gunns, they're typically the cheapest retailer in Dublin.

I'm English, so patriotism doesn't come into it really ;)

I'd prefer to buy from a shop though, much rather give the money to a company who needs it, plus you have the benefit of support in case of any niggling issues.

I had no idea about the price hike - I might call into Gunns and Bermingham and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Got my D90 today :D
    Its a serious camera and there is a hell of a lot to learn.
    Its a bit daunting as a beginner :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

BFassassin wrote: »
    Got my D90 today :D
    Its a serious camera and there is a hell of a lot to learn.
    Its a bit daunting as a beginner :confused:

Enjoy - thinking about getting mine tomorrow, going to head into town and see what happens.

I've yet to read a back review of it.

Advertisement