Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Frame - Dwelling

Options
  • 13-01-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭

Met a client last February who was open to suggestions for his house. I went a little outside the norm and designed a steel structured house which has glazing on all the southern side, insulated concrete blockwork cavity walling, etc., etc.

So what I hear you say, not exactly new idea is it. Well I thought as the build is about to start, and thanks to the recession I have a little time on my hands, why not document the build through pictures only, details, finishs, progress generally. So thats what I'm doing.

Do you think it would be of any benefit to post the odd picture of progress here..? or would it just bore everyone to death..?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i think it would be a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Behind the scenes we were sort of planning our first "boards build" which would be like a diary kept by a particular member who is about to start work shortly and who would post with regular updates and also with regular requests for advice.

It will be a step by step guide from turning the sod to sipping the vodka at the house warming party ;) which should prove invaluable to others who are undertaking a new build. I wont say who just yet but the details should be posted very very shortly.

But this one of yours Tom we can keep among ourselves so to speak so by all means fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bobbiblu

Two great ideas there and just what I was looking for so it sounds ideal to me - thanks a lot! I'm awaiting planning at the moment so for someone like me I think these diaries will be just brilliant....bravo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Go nuts and drop the block work. :D
    Best steel house I've seen was "Hopkins House"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Sounds very interesting. Nice idea!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

definitely go for it

Advertisement